Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 14 Mar 2004, 19:18 (Ref:905193)   #1
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haas and Patrick to Indy

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/10217/

Interesting article from Robin Miller. It looks as though Patrick will have a ride for little Al in May. It would be the first time back Haas and Patrick competed at the Brickyard since 1995.

Things really looking up for the IRL
Old 14 Mar 2004, 19:46 (Ref:905215)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is big news! Good for Patrick, he really wanted this. I wonder if Newman and Hass are finished as a team?

I think there is a huge lack of confidence in OWRS, and deservedly so, after hearing how some of those driver moves went down, and how little money the 3 amigo's have really invested in their series. They've done this whole thing on the cheap, and they have been exposed.

We're sure to hear some more, very big announcements, in the coming week.

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Mar 2004, 20:09 (Ref:905229)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic stuff. I hope this is true, Little Al desreves a ride and Patrick really should have at least one more go at Indy. But, Patrick said in that article that they "want to run Indy. and the rest of the year to prepeare for next season" - even better news, a long tearm deal would be great for all invloved
Old 15 Mar 2004, 05:17 (Ref:905520)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sounds good , dunno about little Al though , dont get me wrong I think what he has achieved in his car is amazing and have a high regard for him as a driver , but maybe he is a little past it now and should think about retiring.

Hey then again i hope he comes along and proves me completely wrong
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:19 (Ref:905591)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
sounds good , dunno about little Al though , dont get me wrong I think what he has achieved in his car is amazing and have a high regard for him as a driver , but maybe he is a little past it now and should think about retiring.

Hey then again i hope he comes along and proves me completely wrong
He did win a race at Texas last year, and considering his experience at Indy, I think Al Unser Jr. would have every chance to be a factor if he had the proper package.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:905726)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
COnsidering his form last season, beating Sharp and perhaps beign unlucky not to ge the one Kelley drive, I think we're seeing a resurgance from Al Jr. He's got his personal life back on track, worked hard,a dn it paid off last year. Seeing him in the 500 would be rgeat, although I'd prefer to see Newman-Haas stay together in ChampCars. Their need is greater right now.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 09:46 (Ref:906830)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How's Jr coming back form the cracked pelvis? Is it completely healed?