Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 2020, 10:51 (Ref:3967661)   #1051
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been able to keep myself easily occupied in the garage at the side of the house, fully equipped complete with ramp and compressor, Saturday the LoCort arrived, transporter backed into garage and was unloaded straight in, only problem as I clicked the electric shutter down, the garage is now out of bounds for 3 to 7 days. I am being monitored by SWIMBO, two daughters and two granddaughters, sanity saved by my two German shepards demanding me out into the garden.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 30 Mar 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3967662)   #1052
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just browsing Duke Video, I've downloaded the Le 1988 Video and ordered Le Mans the movie. I know "sad git".
Old 30 Mar 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3967694)   #1053
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’ve ordered To Hell and Back by Niki Lauda off Amazon. Should arrive sometime this week
Old 30 Mar 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3967718)   #1054
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just browsing Duke Video, I've downloaded the Le 1988 Video and ordered Le Mans the movie. I know "sad git".
1955 Belgium GP, best watch in my opinion.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3967729)   #1055
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just paid for a Netflix subscription. Watching the “F1 Drive to Survive” series. Better than watching the races.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:11 (Ref:3967733)   #1056
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I have just paid for a Netflix subscription. Watching the “F1 Drive to Survive” series. Better than watching the races.
Well worth it. Ferrari & Merc refused to take part in series one but after it was such a success they suddenly joined in with series two when they realised it was good PR.
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3967735)   #1057
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And of course Netflix managed to film the Mercedes Meltdown. Well worth watching.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3967743)   #1058
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it has a lot of actual racing shots to enjoy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVtPI5mjJ0
Old 30 Mar 2020, 20:55 (Ref:3967744)   #1059
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This one is somewhat better;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ncweROe9U
Old 31 Mar 2020, 04:37 (Ref:3967761)   #1060
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice links, Bob, thanks. Just out of my curiosity each time I follow one of your links, the sound button is turned at the max. Are you deaf?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 05:35 (Ref:3967763)   #1061
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
And of course Netflix managed to film the Mercedes Meltdown. Well worth watching.

no spoilers please, I am only through episode 4 of series 1. Interesting to see people’s real personalities; I can’t take to Christian Horner, though.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 06:07 (Ref:3967764)   #1062
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Looked like a Lotus 22 FJ used in the film . Thanks Bob loved that .
Old 31 Mar 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3967767)   #1063
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Quote:
This one is somewhat better;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ncweROe9U
Thanks for the two links Baub (or should I call you Simon?). I think we'll be closing work down in a couple of days time so watching those will while away a bit on the time spent in isolation.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 06:51 (Ref:3967768)   #1064
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
no spoilers please, I am only through episode 4 of series 1. Interesting to see people’s real personalities; I can’t take to Christian Horner, though.
Hard to give spoilers when the whole story was documented on TV, radio, internet, 10/10ths.....

Old 31 Mar 2020, 07:43 (Ref:3967772)   #1065
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hard to give spoilers when the whole story was documented on TV, radio, internet, 10/10ths.....

Thing is that i havent really taken much interest in F1 fir years so apart from one or two aspects it is mostly new to me!
Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3967778)   #1066
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMAYS7LxyU

A short from a Clark Gable film, 'To Please a Lady' I can't find the whole film on U Tube.
A couple of other decent films on motor sport (in terms of content and guest appearances) are 'The Mask of Dust' starring Richard Conte, and 'The Green Helmet' with Anthony Steel. Not a bad film but is mainly the racing footage that makes it worthwhile.

I can not find them on U Tube, but maybe someone knows a good link somewhere.

Another film released over here as 'Such Men Are Dangerous' is another good watch, if you can find it anywhere.

All are '50's based so might not appeal to many of you kids on here.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3967779)   #1067
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice links, Bob, thanks. Just out of my curiosity each time I follow one of your links, the sound button is turned at the max. Are you deaf?
What did you say

Indianapolis 1959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=147A0w595lI
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3967781)   #1068
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tenuous but includes driving. What about Stanley Baker, Hell Drivers?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3967783)   #1069
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
So does Genevieve, Peter.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3967789)   #1070
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Was that the film with the Thames Trader lorries in?
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3967790)   #1071
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sand wagons, yes. Baub. Indeed but my connection was Stanley Baker. My mind does appear to work in mysterious ways..
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3967806)   #1072
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Point of Order tbs, I do believe that the lorries used in that film were in fact of Dodge manufacture...
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3967807)   #1073
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I can't remember if they were Thames Traders, but I do remember that they could all go about 100mph, including the cars and people in some of the backgrounds This is what us filmmakers call undercranking
Most of these types of film make me laugh with tyre squeal on dirt roads, also if there is a scene in a garage workshop there is normally a bloke laying under a car half way down who slides out complete with an inch and a half open ended spanner. WTF was he doing with it ? Also he will have clean overalls on with the make up dept oil stain in a prominent position
PS they also must have really dodgy steering in these old vehicles ? as they have to constantly go lock to lock in all the inside shots of the drivers
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3967811)   #1074
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Point of Order tbs, I do believe that the lorries used in that film were in fact of Dodge manufacture...
They were in deed Dodge Kews, supplied by tipper company Drinkwaters from Willesden
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3967813)   #1075
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I can't remember if they were Thames Traders, but I do remember that they could all go about 100mph, including the cars and people in some of the backgrounds This is what us filmmakers call undercranking
Most of these types of film make me laugh with tyre squeal on dirt roads, also if there is a scene in a garage workshop there is normally a bloke laying under a car half way down who slides out complete with an inch and a half open ended spanner. WTF was he doing with it ? Also he will have clean overalls on with the make up dept oil stain in a prominent position
PS they also must have really dodgy steering in these old vehicles ? as they have to constantly go lock to lock in all the inside shots of the drivers
Not forgetting the collar and tie under the overalls of course.

Have to keep up standards.
Closed Thread