Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2002, 14:58 (Ref:289979)   #1
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.1 reason for the "incident",Shu to win 5 titles b4 he quits at end of this year???

It is rumoured that Michael Schumacher could retire from Formula 1 at the end of the season.

The German, who looks odds-on to equal Juan Manuel Fangio’s record of five world titles, is apparently considering hanging up his helmet at the end of the year.

Full story here........http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/10745

Last edited by J.McClane; 19 May 2002 at 15:00.
Old 19 May 2002, 15:12 (Ref:289987)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
J.......this is also covered in this topic.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=22739
Old 19 May 2002, 15:14 (Ref:289988)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Normally this story is only brought out in a slow news week!

ITV-F1 (is you want to know less about F1...) reporting what is in F1-racing - it must be true.
Old 19 May 2002, 15:35 (Ref:289999)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope it's true. The sooner he's gone, the better IMO.
Old 19 May 2002, 20:21 (Ref:290022)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
I hope it's true. The sooner he's gone, the better IMO.
Never a truer word spoken.
Old 19 May 2002, 20:51 (Ref:290061)   #6
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember TGF's reason for joining Ferrari was that he wanted the challenge of making another winning team from a mid table, underachieving outfit that could scrape a win a season if they're lucky. Presumably now that's done, he should theoretically be considering moving on...

Actually, on that note; the challenge of transforming a big name outfit from an underachieving, midfield team with an unrelaible, underpowered car into championship winning material... TGF for Mclaren!

Well, maybe in the deams of messrs haug and Dennis... :P
Old 19 May 2002, 21:01 (Ref:290069)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I applaud him for bringing Ferrari the success it has always deserved. OK, that success IS tarnished somwhat, but hey. I still forgive him (just about).

But yep. If he goes, I won't be shedding many tears. He IS the only "great" driver in the field, but for the sake of the sport it could well be a good thing for him to move on.

Are the boos still ringing inside his German head??
Old 19 May 2002, 21:05 (Ref:290075)   #8
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this may have been asked before, but if Shu was to retire would he stay out of F1 for good or would he still be involved in someway?
Old 20 May 2002, 12:44 (Ref:290273)   #9
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dare say Ferrari would want to keep him on in an ambasadorial role. From a merchandising point of view he's the most popular driver ever.

Perhaps Real Madrid would hire him if they entered Premier 1? They're used to buying in the best...
Old 20 May 2002, 15:08 (Ref:290479)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
....at ridiculously high prices too.
Old 20 May 2002, 15:19 (Ref:290492)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This story has some very high placed people signing on to it. I think it is more than the usual slow news week thing.

Apparently he can't get another gig at Loreal. Somehow "Because I'm worth it" rings mighty hollow now, doesn't it?
Old 20 May 2002, 16:25 (Ref:290597)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope he doesn't retire, but neither do I wish to see him break and get beaten by becoming old and worse. I'd prefer that the next "one" comes along (JPM?) and moves the sport along to its next phase. With the death of Senna we are all denied this transition from one champion to another, and the world of the F1 fan is still to this day compromised by not seeing that great duel, which would surely have lasted several years.

So hurry up Juan (or whoever) - take him on, give us a new champion and then let him retire.
Old 21 May 2002, 11:43 (Ref:291346)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I think it is more than the usual slow news week thing.

i have said elsewhere that i don't think he'll retire at the end of the season, however, there's alot to be said about "going out at the top" as opposed to being beaten to the title by someone faster (as tgf has previously stated)
Old 21 May 2002, 11:48 (Ref:291353)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he's getting desperate to "win" his "championship" before anyone is allowed to compete with him, perhaps it's his plan to get out before it gets any worse. Too bad he can't be induced to race without his Affirmative Action crutches. Just seeing him race his teammate fairly and squarely would be a start.