Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2021, 00:04 (Ref:4032719)   #476
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder why he chose UA over WTR? Maybe he feels he can do more racing with UA? But either way, it’s good to Filipe getting the result his talent deserves
Old 1 Feb 2021, 00:31 (Ref:4032721)   #477
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder why he chose UA over WTR? Maybe he feels he can do more racing with UA? But either way, it’s good to Filipe getting the result his talent deserves
He's been there, WTR is new this season.

I haven't seen a one vs the other but there isn't anything that would interfer for now. Travel considerations this summer could change that, guess we'll see if there's immigration troubles which team is paying more and first choice.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4032854)   #478
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After a frustrating first hour of this event, it settled in decently enough and I enjoyed it and the discussion here! Just wish they could figure out how to make the FCYs quicker or provide some slow zones for debris pick up at the longer tracks like this, Road America and Sebring.

Still, I'm looking forward to Sebring!!
Old 1 Feb 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4032860)   #479
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Anyone got a clip of this.

I thought the concensus was on the Ferrari caused it. ???
https://youtu.be/PgfmpRUh2b0

Not sure why we should be super critical of either, but certainly not the Merc. He was squeezed on the inside and the initial contact caused him to get all squirrelly. Most people when going round the outside there, which is on, leave room until they are past.

Shame it ended like that as it was a fun battle.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4032861)   #480
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
After a frustrating first hour of this event, it settled in decently enough and I enjoyed it and the discussion here! Just wish they could figure out how to make the FCYs quicker or provide some slow zones for debris pick up at the longer tracks like this, Road America and Sebring.
When it happens it is very annoying. Although all in all wasn’t too bad overall. I agree with that solution.

This time if they had a FCY not long after they’d just had one it seemed like they didn’t bother with the wave around business. I think this is a good idea, especially as yellows can bread yellows.

Has that been a thing for some time?

Quote:
Still, I'm looking forward to Sebring!!
Oh yeah. Other than I am not sure I can get there.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 18:15 (Ref:4032867)   #481
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Not sure why we should be super critical of either, but certainly not the Merc. He was squeezed on the inside and the initial contact caused him to get all squirrelly. Most people when going round the outside there, which is on, leave room until they are past.

There was what? 4 hours left? They came together earlier with less consequences, but I thought both were being a bit too aggressive. I get it. It's racing but this all seemed unnecessary.

And yeah, I go squeeze job for the Ferrari, too, if we want to place blame but this could've been avoided by both.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4032868)   #482
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
4 hours left - fair point.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4032879)   #483
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...rtech-porsche/

Spengler did not even accept any responsibility at all. What a punk. I hope he gets fired.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4032891)   #484
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This time if they had a FCY not long after they’d just had one it seemed like they didn’t bother with the wave around business. I think this is a good idea, especially as yellows can bread yellows.

Has that been a thing for some time?

(

They have for a few years had a "quickie" yellow option. I think it can be used in the first 15 minutes of a race or within 15 minutes of another caution. They don't do a wave around or open the pits so it goes faster. I may have the timing wrong, but that is the general idea.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4032892)   #485
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

People are biased. There is a large contingent of people who dislike Mercedes because of F1. There is a large contingent of people who are biased for Ferrari, and there are also some people who are biased in favor of Mercedes. In reality I believe it is a racing incident and the fault lies with neither (or both) depending on how you look at it. It was hard racing and the Ferrari tried to consolidate the position and the Merc was not ready to concede it. The Ferrari squeeze and the Merc lost it. IMSA handled it correctly as 9 times out of 10 this does not turn out to be an accident and ends up with great racing. I'd hate to see this penalized and lose the chance to see more close racing in the future for fear of penalties.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4032893)   #486
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
15 minutes. OK. Seems decent. Although perhaps for a 24hr race I would change it to a bit longer and/or only if someone has been lost another lap in their class since last time it went green.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4032898)   #487
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
People are biased. There is a large contingent of people who dislike Mercedes because of F1. There is a large contingent of people who are biased for Ferrari, and there are also some people who are biased in favor of Mercedes. In reality I believe it is a racing incident and the fault lies with neither (or both) depending on how you look at it. It was hard racing and the Ferrari tried to consolidate the position and the Merc was not ready to concede it. The Ferrari squeeze and the Merc lost it. IMSA handled it correctly as 9 times out of 10 this does not turn out to be an accident and ends up with great racing. I'd hate to see this penalized and lose the chance to see more close racing in the future for fear of penalties.

I was enthralled by that battle but looking at that footage, the Merc's front left went over the white line onto the grass. Whether that was because there was intial contact with the Ferrari, or he just overcooked it, is hard to tell from that angle. Eitherway, I call that a racing incident. Shame because it was a great battle.
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-1.jpg