Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2559581)   #1
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose back for Sydney?

Will it happen?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2559583)   #2
dcr44S
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
dcr44S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think VESA should let it happen, it would be fantastic to see.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2559606)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm, a thicker plot when one takes some notes.

Is this why SBR wanted to run the Inta license for one round, being Homebush?

Have to be a bonus if it happened......
Old 12 Oct 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2559610)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the question to ask is - would HE want to do it? Could he be bothered, and would his current employer and/or manufacturer let him?

If he did want to do it, more questions could be asked. i.e. why? Is he getting a taste of what he could come back to? Does his mrs miss home?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2559628)   #5
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would he come back?

He's making megabucks in the USA - playing in the biggest pond there is. Who'd come back for a couple of hundred thou a year?

He might make a one-off, sure, but I gravely doubt his American experience is over.

Kramer
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2559633)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be good to see and deffinatly a draw card.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2559644)   #7
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, I would have to check but that is possibly around the time the new Falcon V8 Supercar is being released for iRacing and Mr Ambrose is the Australian representative for them. They (John Henry, the Fenway in Roush Fenway Racing in the USA) sponsored him at Pocono this year and have plenty of money behind them so they could be the sponsor. Releasing this car is a huge deal for iRacing, not make or break by any means but this would give it some outstanding publicity and help greatly in the push for more Aussie (and international) subscribers.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2559645)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't Ambrose coming back for a one of drive in an mid pack car racing around a horse shoe venue he has never competed at before.

He will run at Bathurst again, but this scenario doesn't add up.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2559657)   #9
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Can't Ambrose coming back for a one of drive in an mid pack car racing around a horse shoe venue he has never competed at before.

He will run at Bathurst again, but this scenario doesn't add up.
You'd boo Santa!

Sydney 500

Ba Humbug!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2559684)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would cheer Santa, as he would have a much better chance of racing in Sydney than Ambrose.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2559739)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Presumably with the 'V' of V8 standing for Venison?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2559886)   #12
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2560199)   #13
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usaul politics comes into it...... why can't V8 supercars pull their head out and look at the benifits of it.....
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2560205)   #14
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Seeing as they themselves are promoting the event, I'm surprised they aren't pulling their heads out and doing something about it.

I noticed on the bathurst coverage that the only other round to be granted air time was the sydney 500...
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2560215)   #15
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohh Tony Cochrane will allow it, it is mega publicity for his new pet event, The IRacing link will be what seals the deal for Ambrose to return, its just a publicity stunt but i would love to see him rock up and upsent the apple cart for the final round. His USA experience will continie, word is his sponsorship requirements have already been met and exceeded for next years season, he may even be able to pull double duty like half of them do now.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2560223)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a story wandering around suggesting that a certain red team may be willing to give up one of their many spaces at Homebush for a reputed 6 figure fee

How do we think Mr Ambrose would go, competitiveness wise?
Its a big ask to be parachuted in and be expected to win!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2560228)   #17
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's on a hiding to nothing to end up mid pack and look ordinary but if he got it right it would be the ultimate fairytale.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2560233)   #18
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With less rthan 100 points currently between the two top runners in this yeasr championship, it could have drastic effects on the outcome, should he come out for a spin.

Why would anyone think he will do any worse now than he did at his first ever V8SC race, made the rest of them look like dunces then, and on a track that no-one has been to before, why wouldnt he do at least as well as Cheese (assuming he is in a SBR car)?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2560237)   #19
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I don't think he would come back and dominate like everyone would like to think, but if the speed SBR showed at Bathurst continues, mixing it in the top 5 is not out of the question. Although if he had a hand in altering the outcome of the championship it would be amusing.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2560266)   #20
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
I don't think you lose ability and speed. Look at how he is going in similarly heavy cars in the US on street tracks. He is making the established guys over there look a bit second rate (not all, but a lot...).
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2560272)   #21
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless SBR have another FG in the pipeline, he would presumably be in the BF Bright used earlier in the year which has seen no development for 12 months.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2560275)   #22
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it happens he will get davisons or van giz's FG and they would get the BF
Old 13 Oct 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2560293)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose is a superb driver.

However, as stated, it's a bit much to expect him to be competitive even if he has the gun car.

I never thought I'd ever say this but a V8Supercar might just be a bit too precise for Ambrose... it would take him some time and quite a few drives to readjust.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 02:10 (Ref:2560297)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bring him out in ol' faithful, the 2 time series winning BA
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Oct 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2560302)   #25
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR have 4 fg chassis there is no way they will bring back a bf especially for Ambrose

If any one is getting out of an fg at SBR it would be Bright

The SBR cars have shown good speed over the last few weeks an if you think Ambrose would be a mid pack runner I'll take your money, He will be up front.

If he gets the opportunity we will get to see a much harder better racer than we saw before he left, 36 weeks 43 cars 300 to 500 mile races whos been doing the most racing in the last few years.