Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 May 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3242970)   #76
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you notice the race 2 winner have a gulp of champagne? As did some of his team.

Is it non-alcoholic?

Not trying to have a dig, there is plenty of time between races...but I would have thought a zero alcohol policy during the event would have been enforced?
Old 5 May 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3242972)   #77
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart from one little hiccup, Murphy seems to be a natural with the Channel 7 gig and does a good job.Beretta, you are no longer required.
Old 5 May 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3242995)   #78
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was able to get a lot of information I thought. Kinda broke up the amount of time the 3 commentators had to tell jokes. Could be a good thing....
Old 5 May 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3243288)   #79
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loving Jason Bright running at the top end - great to see

Must say i am enjoying season 2013 with the new car, much needed it was - the v8's had become boring over the last 3 or 4 seasons for me...
Old 6 May 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3243305)   #80
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
He was able to get a lot of information I thought. Kinda broke up the amount of time the 3 commentators had to tell jokes. Could be a good thing....
Not sure how long he might last when he tells a driver he stuffs up (like he did to Mr Pye..)

Someone wont take too kindly to that and tell Mr Murphy where to go, and/or avoid him completely.

At least with Mr Beretta, its all kinda done in jest...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3243314)   #81
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not sure how long he might last when he tells a driver he stuffs up (like he did to Mr Pye..)

Someone wont take too kindly to that and tell Mr Murphy where to go, and/or avoid him completely.

At least with Mr Beretta, its all kinda done in jest...
On the flip side, at least Murphy has been there and has their respect as an ex driver.
Old 6 May 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3243315)   #82
Reload
Veteran

Australia
What has happened to Tekno and Webb in particular ?
Old 6 May 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3243319)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it was almots like on the weekend we went back to last year. FPR and Triple 8 were quick.

BJR have recent form at Perth and that has continued, although it appears they have moved forward as a team.

everyone else were just also rans.

still using the old theory of every 2nd round is a beauty. Texas should be great. too bad its my wedding anniversary Mrs Peckstar might be a bit cranky if i watch too much
Old 6 May 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3243322)   #84
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
it was almots like on the weekend we went back to last year. FPR and Triple 8 were quick.

BJR have recent form at Perth and that has continued, although it appears they have moved forward as a team.

everyone else were just also rans.

still using the old theory of every 2nd round is a beauty. Texas should be great. too bad its my wedding anniversary Mrs Peckstar might be a bit cranky if i watch too much
Please pass on our commiserations to Mrs Peckstar.
Old 6 May 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3243363)   #85
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Mostert, Great result.
Old 6 May 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3243423)   #86
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
If you give Mrs Peckstar a bit of your pecker it might cheer her up and you'll be able to watch the race.
Old 6 May 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3243443)   #87
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Apart from one little hiccup, Murphy seems to be a natural with the Channel 7 gig and does a good job.Beretta, you are no longer required.
Amen!

I thought Murph did a great job, was it a one off appearance?
Old 6 May 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3243445)   #88
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
well looks like DJR aren't as bad as they look, they just needed decent drivers.
Old 6 May 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3243470)   #89
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph was ok as a pit reporter but when he commentated a support series race I was worried he was going to pass out, I don't think he breathed. Too much if you ask me
Old 6 May 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3243600)   #90
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
well looks like DJR aren't as bad as they look, they just needed decent drivers.
They have now got one.
Old 6 May 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3243698)   #91
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wondering how Charlie Schwerkolt felt about young Chaz's efforts?
Old 6 May 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3243720)   #92
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
They have now got one.
Reload, i'm just asking because you seem to have a strong opinion on him, why dont you rate Blanchard?
Old 6 May 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3243727)   #93
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Reload, i'm just asking because you seem to have a strong opinion on him, why dont you rate Blanchard?
Not really a strong opinion and with all due respect, do i or anyone really have to state why we wouldn,t rate Blanchard remembering his previous stints away from DJR also.
Is it not that obvious ?
Old 7 May 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3243739)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not really a strong opinion and with all due respect, do i or anyone really have to state why we wouldn,t rate Blanchard remembering his previous stints away from DJR also.
Is it not that obvious ?
Last year when Mr Blanchard stood in for Mr T.Kelly at Kelly Racing, the crew over there mentioned several times in the media that they really rated his technical ability to sort a car, and to provide detailed, useful feedback. Neither of these things are a comment on their racer-like qualities, in fighting in the pack.. forcing your way to the front

The one big downside I saw was the FPR FG Mr Blanchard had at his disposal at MWM, and it didnt lead the field on occasion like its sister car in the hands of Mr Wood seems to be doing this year

Lets see how they go across the next few rounds..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 May 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3243767)   #95
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Last year when Mr Blanchard stood in for Mr T.Kelly at Kelly Racing, the crew over there mentioned several times in the media that they really rated his technical ability to sort a car, and to provide detailed, useful feedback. Neither of these things are a comment on their racer-like qualities, in fighting in the pack.. forcing your way to the front

The one big downside I saw was the FPR FG Mr Blanchard had at his disposal at MWM, and it didnt lead the field on occasion like its sister car in the hands of Mr Wood seems to be doing this year

Lets see how they go across the next few rounds..
Yes unfortunately for Blanchard his money and technical ability will only keep him on the treadmill for so long. He needs some good results over the next couple of meetings to take the heat off.
Old 14 May 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3247461)   #96
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't have a chance to read the whole thread but is this track undergoing changes or is this normal? What's with the plowed up dirt outside of the last turn. Looks like they are ready to plant crops.
Old 15 May 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3247629)   #97
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is, I assure you, entirely normal.