Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 May 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3248276)   #51
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Well the F1 cars did 1.35 there on the long circuit and the Supercars would do around 2.05 to 2.09 and they would only be 18 lap races compared to the 27 around the short circuit. That is an extra 9 times a race they will be seen.If there are 10 or 20 thousand people there will look better than that number spread around the long circuit.

10-20k would be a bit of a fail wouldn't it, I think they will get more than 60k this weekend at least.
Old 16 May 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3248277)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Grand Am only got 27k at their event earlier this year.....
Old 16 May 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3248310)   #53
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Well just going on from those articles ive read, been reading figures of 20k to 80k, how many people attending this weekend will make it a success? wtcc had about the same crowd as grand am at their inaugural race at sonoma last year.
Old 16 May 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3248430)   #54
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to actually following this live for a change! Haven't seen anyone running on the shorter version of CoTA but I agree that it's a good idea to not use the full course. I would prefer two longer races as opposed to four shorter ones, but that's pretty much true for all rounds.

I think Premat and McGlaughin will go better than usual as nobody else has been to this track either.
Old 16 May 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3248590)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Blues Brothers Road Trip

Well there we go, I was suprised by the travelling companions
Old 16 May 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3248609)   #56
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Roland does seem like a really cool dude as well as clearly the best team owner in pit lane.
Old 17 May 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3248623)   #57
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Roland used the Crown Vic when he went to pick up Mark Dutton after he was jailed after an altercation with police after a drunken incident.
Jaywalking may seem like a minor offence but probably not a good move to give lip to the cops.
Old 17 May 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3248638)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Blues Brothers Road Trip

why would you be surprised? RD is a great fan of Scott Pye, not to mention running him in the DVS last year (which was known would happen as soon as Pye's Euro adventure ran out of funding), and PM is a mentor, tactician, REC holder for and alleged enduro co-driver with Pye this year.
Old 17 May 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3248643)   #59
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't mean to boast, but this guy has arrived in Austin to see some aussie v8 action!
Old 17 May 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3248658)   #60
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I wonder if Roland used the Crown Vic when he went to pick up Mark Dutton after he was jailed after an altercation with police after a drunken incident.
Jaywalking may seem like a minor offence but probably not a good move to give lip to the cops.
I believe the 'intoxicated & resisting arrest' was not Mr Dutton... his was a simple 'jaywalking.

look to BJR for the major offender

Link Here...

Last edited by ForumNick; 17 May 2013 at 02:02.
Old 17 May 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3248659)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Don't mean to boast, but this guy has arrived in Austin to see some aussie v8 action!
Awesome! Hipe you enjoy the weekend!

If you go a'hunting at just about every restaurant in the area, it seens the V8SA folk have overrun them... from the pics on FB anyway
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3248666)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Telegraph 17/5/13 Online
Texan law pits for V8 teams
By Josh Massoud and James Phelps

ON magnets, T-shirts, and caps, the motto is everywhere: Don't Mess with Texas.

But two Aussie V8 Supercar team technicians must have missed the message or not visited enough souvenir stands after falling foul of the law on Wednesday.

Brad Jones Racing mechanic Adam Fisher spent most of yesterday in a downtown Austin lock-up after being arrested for resisting arrest and public intoxication.

He was detained about 2am on Wednesday after a night out on the Texan city's famous strip of bars and clubs on Sixth St.

The 29-year-old works as No.2 mechanic for Team Lockwood's Fabian Coulthard, who is running sixth in the championship.

They arrived in Texas this week to prepare for this weekend's Austin 400 - the first V8 Supercars event on American soil.

Fisher was taken into custody just half an hour before police nabbed another pit lane worker, Triple Eight's highly regarded engineer Mark Dutton. The technical genius behind the Jamie Whincup juggernaut, Dutton was arrested for jaywalking in the same party precinct.

Despite the crime's trivial nature, he was taken to the same lock-up, Travis County Sheriff's Jail, a short drive from where the minor offence was committed.

Austin police confirmed yesterday that Dutton was released about 8am Wednesday local time and was reunited with his colleagues at the official hotel soon afterwards.

Asked why Dutton was arrested for jaywalking, a spokesman for Austin's Public Information Office said there was also a minor argument with police that did not warrant further charges.

Fisher, however, remained in the jail until the following nightfall on more severe charges. A staff member at the Sheriff's Office said the resisting police charge was a class A offence under the county's grading system and was being taken seriously.

It is understood Fisher resisted arrest when police tried to apprehend him for public intoxication outside Aquarium Bar - a multi-level establishment where table-top dancing is commonplace.

Fisher was not allowed to leave until a hearing, which took place at the Municipal Court shortly after 4pm (local time) on Wednesday.

The Sheriff's Office said the magistrate had set bail at $US5000 ($5100) for the resisting arrest charge, before ordering Fisher back into custody until it was posted.

But a BJR team official was unaware bail had been offered when contacted soon afterwards.

It is also understood the same official was not permitted to see Fisher when he visited the jail before the court hearing.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2013, 02:30 (Ref:3248672)   #63
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see the teams are experiencing the wonderful Texas hospitality of the Austin area.
Old 17 May 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3248677)   #64
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
I believe the 'intoxicated & resisting arrest' was not Mr Dutton... his was a simple 'jaywalking.

look to BJR for the major offender

Link Here...

Thanks ForumNick for the link. I left out the BJR connection because there was no mention of the Jones brothers getting around town in a police interceptor....it ruined the visual gag provided by Roland !
Old 17 May 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3248681)   #65
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
welcome to texas
Old 17 May 2013, 03:22 (Ref:3248685)   #66
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boogity boogity.......do the winners of the races get to shoot guns into the air like NASCAR?

I can't believe that there have been arrests of this nature. You never got any action like that when the teams went to Firecats in Hamilton
Old 17 May 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3248692)   #67
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
boogity boogity.......do the winners of the races get to shoot guns into the air like NASCAR?

I can't believe that there have been arrests of this nature. You never got any action like that when the teams went to Firecats in Hamilton
Austin is a little different to the rest of Texas which is a lot different than the rest of the US. These arrest are no big deal, common occurrence downtown.
Old 17 May 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3248727)   #68
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Awesome! Hipe you enjoy the weekend!

If you go a'hunting at just about every restaurant in the area, it seens the V8SA folk have overrun them... from the pics on FB anyway
Austin is one of the best places in the country for good eats. BBQ, Tex-Mex, steaks, etc. Quite a large food scene there.

Sounds like this worked out for V8 SC so far, so lets hope plenty of people turn up so this is a permanent deal that survives year after year.
Old 17 May 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3248731)   #69
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Austin is a little different to the rest of Texas which is a lot different than the rest of the US. These arrest are no big deal, common occurrence downtown.
Well that's good to know. You can't have people like Dutton getting in to trouble with the fuzz, not a good look.

So quite a common occurrence you say? sounds kinda scary as I imagine those cops will be packing heat and wont take any s**t from anyone
Old 17 May 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3248740)   #70
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well that's good to know. You can't have people like Dutton getting in to trouble with the fuzz, not a good look.

So quite a common occurrence you say? sounds kinda scary as I imagine those cops will be packing heat and wont take any s**t from anyone

Why should the cops anywhere have to take crap from anyone, that is one of the major problems everywhere, no respect. In my younger days the copper gave you a kick in the ass and you knew he was serious so you shut up and went home. Never hurt me any, for the number of times that it happened.
Old 17 May 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3248751)   #71
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
fug da poleece
Old 17 May 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3248766)   #72
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
fug da poleece
Until you or your family needs them ?
Old 17 May 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3248800)   #73
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
fug da poleece
Only the ones booking motorists. Not the ones catching real crims.
My one experiennce with Texas law enforcement was a happy one.

Busted doing 90+ MPH (in an 80MPH zone) and let off with a 'written warning that will not appear on your licence"

Try being that lucky with the Village People reject thugs that are the
Qld Highway patrol.
Old 17 May 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3248801)   #74
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:

Never mind the cops packing heat- a large percentage of civilians do
in that neck of the woods.........
Old 17 May 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3248813)   #75
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Smart move to put the races live on SPEED on Sunday. NASCAR will be the two nights before and no motorsport on television Sunday except non-bump day from Indy on NBCSN with it's 15 viewers.