Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4039250)   #2501
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just thinking out loud here but if Matt Neal doesn't actually drive this year, what are the chances of TOCA offering him the job of Driving Standards Steward?
Even if they hadn't already offered the job to James Cole, the driving standards adviser need to be impartial. I don't think having someone who is a major shareholder in one of the team really fulfils that criteria
Old 6 Mar 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4039258)   #2502
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So does Shedden bring in sponsorship that Cammish doesn't? Just trying to get my head around this decision at Team Dynamics.
Three time champion who is well known to the team and all it's sponsors past and present. If it was a straight choice between the two I would have been shocked if they hadn't gone for Shedden.

Seen quite a few posts saying that Shedden was always going to be in the car and it's the other one that Cammish has "lost" though.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4039267)   #2503
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who says flash hasnt hooked a big sponsor or 2, as a rookie he brought clydesdale bank to the team and some sectors in scotland have been doing well despite covid an the downturn, if anything the need for distilled alcohol has increased. wait and see
Old 6 Mar 2021, 19:38 (Ref:4039268)   #2504
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So does Shedden bring in sponsorship that Cammish doesn't? Just trying to get my head around this decision at Team Dynamics.
When Neal spoke about them wanting to run a 3rd car last season, they had a sponsor lined up ready for Flash, so imagine that remained the case.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4039269)   #2505
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Hopefully Sheddon will pick up a few wins at Donnington.
That would make Matt Neil very happy 🤣
Old 6 Mar 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4039271)   #2506
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
When Neal spoke about them wanting to run a 3rd car last season, they had a sponsor lined up ready for Flash, so imagine that remained the case.
we will find out when livery is revealed
Old 6 Mar 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4039276)   #2507
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Anybody who would think they would choose to drop Cammish if the budget was there to run him needs their bumps feeling.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4039283)   #2508
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://talkativebroadcasting.co.uk/...t/touring-cars

Some thoughts from Dan about the loss of his seat. The contrast with a certain other high profile driver who lost his seat is quite stark.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4039325)   #2509
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post

Some thoughts from Dan about the loss of his seat. The contrast with a certain other high profile driver who lost his seat is quite stark.
I reckon the contrast is about the same. Let’s wait a few weeks until the PR sound bites have faded.....
Old 7 Mar 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4039331)   #2510
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Anybody who would think they would choose to drop Cammish if the budget was there to run him needs their bumps feeling.
Well it's pretty obvious the budget isn't there so it's a moot point. Of course if they could run Shedden and Cammish with no other contractual issues they would do so. Who wouldn't?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4039371)   #2511
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sheds has always had a small army of Scottish businesses supporting him. How much money I have no idea, but cast your peepers over his helmets and firesuits over the years. Add the lure of him being a multi time series champion and his big personality - definitely ticking boxes.

I truly believe Ash and Colin have competition.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4039375)   #2512
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I truly believe Ash and Colin have competition.
Absolutely they do.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4039432)   #2513
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Halfords not being on the cars at all in 2021 wouldn't surprise me in the least. Cars need funding to run and Dan has few personal sponsors which could fund a full time seat. Gordon does. Dan doesn't around bitter or resentful about it in the least, he's mature enough to take it on the chin and use it as a learning experience. Mr J on the other hand....?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4039433)   #2514
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To put a little balance into the debate, I'm completely underwhelmed by the return of Shedden.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4039435)   #2515
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Same
Old 7 Mar 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4039449)   #2516
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we should be happy Shedden is back in the series, you never know how much longer he will be in the series for, so enjoy it while you can. Who knows what he will do next year?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4039466)   #2517
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
To put a little balance into the debate, I'm completely underwhelmed by the return of Shedden.
Really? Give this another watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_TxafH-eU

Out of interest, who did you want instead of Shedden? Cammish, maybe, but there are two cars at Team Dynamics, so if Cammish was one, who would you want as his teammate?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4039472)   #2518
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If as looks likely Matt Neal steps aside this season it will be a shame for a driver with such a long, distinguished career to go in this fashion, his last race behind closed doors, with no-one knowing it would be his last.

As unbelievable as it sounds it will be the first major retirement from the BTCC in almost 22 years, going back to Cleland's memorable farewell at Silverstone in 1999. All the other major competitors who have left over the years have either gone onto other series, or just drifted away without it being an obvious end of their career.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4039483)   #2519
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

Out of interest, who did you want instead of Shedden? Cammish, maybe, but there are two cars at Team Dynamics, so if Cammish was one, who would you want as his teammate?
I think in an ideal world the line up would be Shedden and Cammish but obviously that cant happen
Old 7 Mar 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4039487)   #2520
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If as looks likely Matt Neal steps aside this season it will be a shame for a driver with such a long, distinguished career to go in this fashion, his last race behind closed doors, with no-one knowing it would be his last.

As unbelievable as it sounds it will be the first major retirement from the BTCC in almost 22 years, going back to Cleland's memorable farewell at Silverstone in 1999. All the other major competitors who have left over the years have either gone onto other series, or just drifted away without it being an obvious end of their career.
Maybe Matt Neal can take one of the guest TBL's for a round when the fans are back in so he can say goodbye
Old 7 Mar 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4039501)   #2521
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad Shedden is back, unconvinced about his speed. I know there were reasons for it, but his second WTCR was woeful.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4039509)   #2522
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
Maybe Matt Neal can take one of the guest TBL's for a round when the fans are back in so he can say goodbye
In what car ? An FK2?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 22:32 (Ref:4039520)   #2523
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
In what car ? An FK2?
No - the 3rd FK8 that is already prepared (as a precaution for the condensed 2020 season).
Old 7 Mar 2021, 23:37 (Ref:4039526)   #2524
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
In what car ? An FK2?
i think your missing that the post is hypothetical
Old 7 Mar 2021, 23:43 (Ref:4039528)   #2525
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now then, if i was a betting man, i would say the Hondas will have CATACLEAN on both cars. DanRoBo in 2nd seat.