Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4026452)   #1251
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
It’s a massive problem for all of us I think. I’m not sure a total absence is going to be true?
Obviously no crystal ball here but I wouldn't be confident in mass gatherings being possible this year given the position we're in.

For everyone's sake I hope I'm overly pessimistic.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4026453)   #1252
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Obviously no crystal ball here but I wouldn't be confident in mass gatherings being possible this year given the position we're in.

I’m trying to use the ‘power of positivity’ to change the world here... 😂

Yea I’m sure you are right, the world and mass gatherings is going to be different for a while!

Having said that I note the NYE celebrations in Auckland looked pretty “normal” to me, some places have it right! 🙏🏻
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4026457)   #1253
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post

Sadly the vaccines looked like a window out of the mayhem until Boris yet again has decided to cut corners and do it on the cheap. Deferring the second injection beyond 21 days without proper research looks reckless at best and if true to form will probably end in a cock up that means the whole programme will be back to square one with months lost. Let’s hope not. But he has form now.../
Old 2 Jan 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4026460)   #1254
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Proper research was done, certainly on the Oxford AZ one. It actually makes it better.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4026462)   #1255
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Proper research was done, certainly on the Oxford AZ one. It actually makes it better.
Well that would be great news - who knows every “expert” seems to have a different view. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile we are back in full lockdown in Ireland. How about a Tasman series?!
Old 2 Jan 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4026463)   #1256
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The Oxford AZ vaccine is far from new, and was developed for other coronaviruses and similar originally, it’s just been tweaked for 2020.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4026467)   #1257
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
I’m trying to use the ‘power of positivity’ to change the world here... 😂
in this thread that’s going to be a mission

in all seriousness, cheers for actually turning up here and talking sense. it’s good to get the current picture, particularly from someone with a variety of sponsorship deals in hand.

as nice as it is to not have traffic issues on sunday evenings, we need people back in the circuits as soon as it’s even marginally safe to do so. it just felt like a clubby with too much money last year and that’s doing the entire setup a disservice.
Quote:
The Oxford AZ vaccine is far from new, and was developed for other coronaviruses and similar originally, it’s just been tweaked for 2020.
yeah, exactly. hence a lot of the testing has been shortened - it’s a variant on an existing process. the manufacturers will always publicly be conservative lest their opinions be used against them later. off the record and amongst boffins is a different story. this isn’t brand new medicine.

the uk will be a different place within three months, but... not good for anyone trying to plan for 3-9 months in the future.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4026476)   #1258
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Autosport say Carl Boardley has two TBL’s? Really?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4026488)   #1259
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
You're right it does. What does this mean then 🤔?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4026489)   #1260
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4026496)   #1261
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
I think not. The resource that has gone into this is like nothing before. It doesn’t take a year to tweak an existing product.
Old 2 Jan 2021, 22:22 (Ref:4026501)   #1262
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I think not. The resource that has gone into this is like nothing before. It doesn’t take a year to tweak an existing product.
Think what you like. I know people who worked on it. What I wrote is no secret. Coronaviruses have been here forever.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4026561)   #1263
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
At risk of being hypocritically off topic - yes, it does. It normally takes years for new pharmaceuticals to come to market after multistage testing and multi- territory regulatory approval. A lot of the delays come from finding funding for the test phases.

In the US, the Moderna vaccine was designed in 48 hours last January (maybe February) once the genome of the SARS-Cov2 virus was sequenced fully. It then took the rest of the year to go through testing, manufacturing scale up, and regulatory approval. The same applies with slightly different timelines to the Oxford/AZ vaccine, and the Pfizer version. The principal difference to the normal route to manufacture is that this time, cost and resource were no object.

Even the annual flu vaccines, which are essentially a tweak of the previous year's, take months to produce and there's vast repetition in that process because it's the same every year.

We'll return you to your regular programming after these words from our sponsors...
Old 3 Jan 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4026563)   #1264
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
You're right it does. What does this mean then 🤔?
It means that Carl is going to weld two cars together Top Gear style and with his super wide Infiniti no one can pass him. Probably
Old 3 Jan 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4026564)   #1265
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boardley TBLs - I didn't think the one he raced with last year was actually his? I know he owns the car, but the TBL was previously HARD's.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4026566)   #1266
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I believe so. So likely Carl bought a pair of TBLs off of someone. My vague memory is that the Moffats didn't own both they ran last year - was one previously a Warren Scott/ BMR one? I'm asking not stating. Maybe Carls financial backing/ deal making ability is a significant part of the Laser three car entry and/ or HARD alliance?
Old 3 Jan 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4026569)   #1267
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From this article - https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...020-entry-list - the Infinitis were running on one BMR TBL and one Aiden Moffat one.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4026572)   #1268
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Makes sense, considering BMR Engineering now help run the Infinitis
Old 4 Jan 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4026684)   #1269
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.autosportinternational.com/

Autosport show is virtual this year, 10th-11th March. Might be obvious given life now but hadn't seen it mentioned in the thread yet as we get plenty of touring car content at that event in normal times.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4026771)   #1270
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I kind of guessed that would happen but thanks for confirming it. Australian F1 has been postponed now. NASCAR canned it's race in California (late February). Call me a doom monger but I don't imagine the BTCC dates will stay the same. I see a slide back like 2020 to allow a couple of warmer months so Mr Average is less susceptible to the virus and the infected people number drops down again. I somehow suspect Donington, Oulton, Headingley and other favourite haunts of mine will be going unvisited for another year.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4026785)   #1271
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
https://www.autosportinternational.com/

Autosport show is virtual this year, 10th-11th March. Might be obvious given life now but hadn't seen it mentioned in the thread yet as we get plenty of touring car content at that event in normal times.
This is just a online business networking event. https://www.autosportinternational.com/news/371

Details on the in-person edition of Autosport International, initially scheduled for 14-17 January 2021 at NEC Birmingham, will be communicated in the coming weeks.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4026789)   #1272
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't take a crystal ball to state that there won't be an Autosport event in Birmingham this year.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4026792)   #1273
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
This is just a online business networking event. https://www.autosportinternational.com/news/371

Details on the in-person edition of Autosport International, initially scheduled for 14-17 January 2021 at NEC Birmingham, will be communicated in the coming weeks.
PR speak, the whole point of Autosport Show is a pre-season event which is how they get the content, cars, drivers and exhibitors there. They will not be able to show up once the season is rolling.

You could do a different type of show, but this will just end up as a trade show.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 20:14 (Ref:4026803)   #1274
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
May start for 2021 BTCC?.....
Old 4 Jan 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4026807)   #1275
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
May start for 2021 BTCC?.....
This could turn out like Play Your Cards Right!

Higher!

August would be my uneducated stab in the dark.