Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4027036)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Sorry to interrupt the flow of trivia, just to let you know that I am due to get my first 'jab' on Sunday!

Silverstone here I come.(perhaps)
No point in going to Silverstone nothing happening there.
Old 5 Jan 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4027040)   #102
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am getting the Tizer vaccine, I did express a preference, but have to take what they have got.

Judy (Mrs B) is 80 and diabetic, so I would have thought she might be more 'vulnerable' than me, however, it seems to be by age rather than need.

M<y appointment is for 12.52pm, which suggests it will be a quick fire job (or jab).

Assuming I survive I will report on reaction.

Cheers,

Bauble Guinea Pig.
Old 5 Jan 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4027041)   #103
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
There are only so many times you can close roads or use locations let alone replace and re-fettle the cars. Just chop the footage around to pad out the time line and hope people will not notice that it's the same activity shot by a different camera. At best.

These days most acting or activity seems to be done in front of green or blue screens which can later be made to look like anything one wishes it so be.

This must be especially handy in our socially distanced times.

And some Instagram posts by successful young influencers. Apparently.
We are not supposed to notice the cars that crash and burn don't have engines and gearboxes in them either
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jan 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4027059)   #104
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My mother is having her follow up jab on Thursday. She had very very minor reactions to the first one.

The more we get done, the sooner we get out

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 5 Jan 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4027067)   #105
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might be of interest to some on here https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...gil10256-ctava
Old 6 Jan 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4027092)   #106
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
The more we get done, the sooner we get out
Glad to read that. If you have to travel on the continent, I can't enough recommend to avoid France, French or whatsoever.
The rate of clever and responsible people is clearly shown but the number of vaccinations done…*Encore un record pur la France! Qui c'est les plus malins?
Old 6 Jan 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4027098)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I am getting the Tizer vaccine, I did express a preference, but have to take what they have got.Assuming I survive I will report on reaction.
Bob, can you tell me how you've chosen the vaccine? My half and I want one done, but neither her nor me are in the priority list. But knowing the stock levels, due to clever people who dont want to catch the virus and dont want the vaccin either!

I'd go for Pfizer but I very much doubt about the transportation and stocking conditions which are very strict, the thing must remain frozen any time.
Please report on Tiger vaccine reaction. All my best, you're my Friend…
Old 6 Jan 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4027109)   #108
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bob, can you tell me how you've chosen the vaccine? My half and I want one done, but neither her nor me are in the priority list. But knowing the stock levels, due to clever people who dont want to catch the virus and dont want the vaccin either!

I'd go for Pfizer but I very much doubt about the transportation and stocking conditions which are very strict, the thing must remain frozen any time.
Please report on Tiger vaccine reaction. All my best, you're my Friend…
In this country Gerard it is the most important people who get jabbed first, which is why I am high up the list.

One is not offered a choice of vaccine, you get what is available.

Note 'Tizer' was the name of a soft drink very popular when I was a lad,.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4027113)   #109
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In this country Gerard it is the most important people who get jabbed first, which is why I am high up the list. Ha, OK, I see. Take care with this vaccine, its said to have a lot of secondary effects, like a long tail and a very elegant mottled fur. Two things you will easily escape.
Anyway, you can go confidently, you've posted enough picture of yourself to make… two calendars !
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4027116)   #110
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In this country Gerard it is the most important people who get jabbed first, which is why I am high up the list. Ha, OK, I see. Take care with this vaccine, its said to have a lot of secondary effects, like a long tail and a very elegant mottled fur. Two things you will easily escape.
Anyway, you can go confidently, you've posted enough picture of yourself to make… two calendars !

The reported figures (which I am sure are accurate) for those patients that have experienced side effects to either of the vaccines is absolutely minimal. All of them "recovered" immediately, and so far, there are no long term side effects.

Oh, and I believe that most if not all of those that suffered side effects are also those that are affected by other things as well.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4027118)   #111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Oh, and I believe that most if not all of those that suffered side effects are also those that are affected by other things as well. You're probably right, Mike, and i dont think its a matter of "what" but more likely of "when".
Not a real choice we must get rid of this thing. Keep well.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4027120)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody see the movie I Am Legend? It was based on the premise that a flu vaccine turned people into zombies. Bear that in mind when talking side effects.

I think if there is anything positive to come out of this pandemic it's the fact that businesses stepped up and made the vaccines happen in such short order. Obviously they will make a profit but they funded the process and the scientists around the world were able use those funds to break records.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4027123)   #113
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In this country Gerard it is the most important people who get jabbed first, which is why I am high up the list.
There are plenty of so called “important people” who probably should be “jabbed” and as a southpaw I will use my right hand jab followed by a left hand upper cut.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4027124)   #114
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Note 'Tizer' was the name of a soft drink very popular when I was a lad,.
"The Appetizer" IIRC
Old 6 Jan 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4027125)   #115
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
There are plenty of so called “important people” who probably should be “jabbed” and as a southpaw I will use my right hand jab followed by a left hand upper cut.
I will be sure to avoid you at all costs than Andy.
Mr Glassjaw.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4027135)   #116
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Anybody see the movie I Am Legend? It was based on the premise that a flu vaccine turned people into zombies. Bear that in mind when talking side effects.
Yes but we're talking about bauble who already is a zombie! Will it turned him into normal guy? Loving Viva for instance…
Old 6 Jan 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4027148)   #117
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes but we're talking about bauble who already is a zombie! Will it turned him into normal guy? Loving Viva for instance…
That would be one big & strange side-effect!
(I'm already concerned about to potential of those, that would really convince me not to have my jab!)
Old 6 Jan 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4027150)   #118
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
We are not supposed to notice the cars that crash and burn don't have engines and gearboxes in them either
Talking about the fake effects in films reminds me of the scene in "gladiator" , where a Roman chariot over turns and you can clearly see the air cannon underneath .

But for the last week or more I have been watching , [ online films site ] , the " Lord of the Rings " films .
The scenery is amazing & the battles , although special effects , are very good .

I don,t know if online films are longer than normally shown , but there are lots of things I had not seen before & the total time for the 4 films is about 13 & a half hours , so perhaps the cinema & television versions are shortened .
The only problem is that sometimes the film pauses for a few seconds when online .
But overall a very good series of well made films .
Old 6 Jan 2021, 13:54 (Ref:4027161)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I will be sure to avoid you at all costs than Andy.
You'd be wrong to, Bob. And to have a good left hand can be useful sometimes and a good kick always ready too!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4027163)   #120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Talking about the fake effects in films reminds me of the scene in "gladiator" , where a Roman chariot over turns and you can clearly see the air cannon underneath .

But for the last week or more I have been watching , [ online films site ] , the " Lord of the Rings " films .
The scenery is amazing & the battles , although special effects , are very good .

I don,t know if online films are longer than normally shown , but there are lots of things I had not seen before & the total time for the 4 films is about 13 & a half hours , so perhaps the cinema & television versions are shortened .
The only problem is that sometimes the film pauses for a few seconds when online .
But overall a very good series of well made films .
The original cinematic releases of the LoTR trilogy were 2h58, 2h59 and 3h21 respectively - totalling 9h18.

In March 2002 - a 3 minute preview was added to the end of Fellowship.
The DVD release included an extra 30 minutes of additional footage bringing the total runtime to 3h31.

In Nov 2003 - just over 40 minutes of footage was added to the DVD release of Two Towers, bringing the total runtime to 3h42.

In Dec 2004 - 50 minutes of footage was added to the DVD release of Return of The King, bringing the total runtime to 4h11.

Combined, the trilogy on DVD runs to a total of 11 hours and 24 minutes.

The Hobbit trilogy cinematic releases were 2h49, 2h41 and 2h24 respectively combining to give 7h54 in total.

The DVD releases of these added 13, 25 and 20 minutes respectively, bringing the overall runtime of the trilogy to 8h52.

Combined, the LoTR and Hobbit sextet runs to about 20 hours and 16 minutes - or in other terms, if you are 13 and a half hours in, you've got just under 7 hours of movie left to watch!!
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4027169)   #121
bauble
Veteran

England
Crikey! You must wear a Tolkien anorak.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4027174)   #122
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Crikey! You must wear a Tolkien anorak.

I'm not the one who has sat through 13hrs+ of film....
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4027175)   #123
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The original cinematic releases of the LoTR trilogy were 2h58, 2h59 and 3h21 respectively - totalling 9h18.

In March 2002 - a 3 minute preview was added to the end of Fellowship.
The DVD release included an extra 30 minutes of additional footage bringing the total runtime to 3h31.

In Nov 2003 - just over 40 minutes of footage was added to the DVD release of Two Towers, bringing the total runtime to 3h42.

In Dec 2004 - 50 minutes of footage was added to the DVD release of Return of The King, bringing the total runtime to 4h11.

Combined, the trilogy on DVD runs to a total of 11 hours and 24 minutes.

The Hobbit trilogy cinematic releases were 2h49, 2h41 and 2h24 respectively combining to give 7h54 in total.

The DVD releases of these added 13, 25 and 20 minutes respectively, bringing the overall runtime of the trilogy to 8h52.

Combined, the LoTR and Hobbit sextet runs to about 20 hours and 16 minutes - or in other terms, if you are 13 and a half hours in, you've got just under 7 hours of movie left to watch!!
Thanks for that info .
The versions I have been watching online have 2Hrs 58 for fellowship, 2hrs 59 for 2 towers & 3Hrs 21 for Return .
Fairly sure I had not seen some parts before , but it does look like there might be more parts I have not yet seen .

But with the lockdown there is plenty of spare time .
But it has been only an hour or 2 per evening.

Last edited by Tel 911S; 6 Jan 2021 at 14:37. Reason: Additions
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4027179)   #124
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Thanks for that info .
The versions I have been watching online have 2Hrs 58 for fellowship, 2hrs 59 for 2 towers & 3Hrs 21 for Return .
Fairly sure I had not seen some parts before , but it does look like there might be more parts I have not yet seen .

But with the lockdown there is plenty of spare time .
But it has been only an hour or 2 per evening.
I wonder whether the 'bitesize' viewing schedule has meant your concentration hasn't dropped?

I've also found that when watching repeats of movies, I pick up on things that I either didn't notice before, or had forgotten. e.g. - Doc Brown's Heath Robinson-esque breakfast machine at the start of Back to The Future.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4027190)   #125
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wonder whether the 'bitesize' viewing schedule has meant your concentration hasn't dropped?

I've also found that when watching repeats of movies, I pick up on things that I either didn't notice before, or had forgotten. e.g. - Doc Brown's Heath Robinson-esque breakfast machine at the start of Back to The Future.
I know what you mean . I have often watched films again & seen things I had not noticed before , but usually background items .
Buts these "Rings " ones seemed to have whole scenes , sometimes of minutes long , that I did not remember .
So I wondered if some of the ones I had seen before had been original shorter versions .
Closed Thread