Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3930561)   #3676
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...rules/4549285/

It would be interesting to see the language of the Ferrari veto agreement. I would have thought that an agreement that ends at the end of 2020 couldn't impact a post 2020 contract? But who knows? Or are they blowing smoke?

Richard
Old 28 Sep 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3930577)   #3677
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
must admit i am losing hope that 2021 will see significant change.

Ferrari's reminder about the veto and dislike for aero restrictions and budget cap, LH suggesting that 2021 cars will be heavier (return to refueling is out), more suppliers for Merc, new windtunnel for Mclaren...seems like the teams are moving according to a development path of their own choosing, FOM pushing the only ideas they can get through/have influence over so format changes and tire compounds etc

that said, if at least we have Ferrari vs Merc vs RB then maybe its not all bad.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3930584)   #3678
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
must admit i am losing hope that 2021 will see significant change.
Some days it seems like one step forward and two back. I am trying to be positive, but there is a real chance we will be let down by a number of watered down solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
new windtunnel for Mclaren...seems like the teams are moving according to a development path of their own choosing
I don't know the details of this tunnel, but my expectation is that teams are spending money now while they can before limits are put into place.

This also speaks to situations like Williams. Williams "might" be on a more level playing field in 2021, but IMHO, it may take them a decade to really catch up because the well funded teams will be living off infrastructure and knowledge that they are building now.

Richard
Old 12 Oct 2019, 05:57 (Ref:3933410)   #3679
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Winding back initiative one step at a time.

Tyre warmer ban for 2021 overturned

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...=recirculation
Old 12 Oct 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3933436)   #3680
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Winding back initiative one step at a time.

Tyre warmer ban for 2021 overturned

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...=recirculation
What utter shite, I was looking forward to seeing them coping on cold tyres, they're not used in the likes of NASCAR, IndyCar amongst many other series...
Old 12 Oct 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3933444)   #3681
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that would have helped racing in a way that reverse grids wouldn't have. Would have meant pitstops would have to be chosen carefully
Old 12 Oct 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3933531)   #3682
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well that would have helped racing in a way that reverse grids wouldn't have. Would have meant pitstops would have to be chosen carefully
Talking about reversed grids, Paul Ricard, Spa and Sochi are possible venues for experimenting with reversed grid sprint events in 2020, provided all the teams agree.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146537
Old 12 Oct 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3933593)   #3683
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERSTEER View Post
What utter shite, I was looking forward to seeing them coping on cold tyres, they're not used in the likes of NASCAR, IndyCar amongst many other series...
Agreed. Quite disappointed.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Oct 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3933886)   #3684
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Talking about reversed grids, Paul Ricard, Spa and Sochi are possible venues for experimenting with reversed grid sprint events in 2020, provided all the teams agree.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146537

Let’s hope they don’t all agree this time
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3933903)   #3685
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let’s hope they don’t all agree this time
I don't like the idea of reverse grids or sprint races, they are just gimmicks afaic.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3933904)   #3686
S griffin
Veteran

Of course they are
Old 17 Oct 2019, 23:21 (Ref:3935281)   #3687
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A further tightening of the rules around advertising tobacco related products in Australia.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...18-p531vf.html
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3935470)   #3688
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Looks like F1 will scrap different race weekend formats, including reverse grids next year.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146662
Old 25 Oct 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3936800)   #3689
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
According to this article, some top F1 teams wanted major changes to the rules delayed until 2022 but still bring in the budget cap for 2021.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146773
Old 26 Oct 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3936802)   #3690
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
According to this article, some top F1 teams wanted major changes to the rules delayed until 2022 but still bring in the budget cap for 2021.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146773
Wouldn't it be amazing to have a sport where the teams didn't make their own rules? I know it's not going to happen due to the current set up of the sport.

Old 26 Oct 2019, 01:34 (Ref:3936810)   #3691
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholosophy View Post
Wouldn't it be amazing to have a sport where the teams didn't make their own rules? I know it's not going to happen due to the current set up of the sport.

Right!
Old 26 Oct 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3936870)   #3692
S griffin
Veteran

I can understand them being part of a vote on rules, but to actually decide it doesn’t seem right
Old 31 Oct 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3937816)   #3693
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
a break down of the new rules which have apparently been approved...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...R_FullAudience
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3937843)   #3694
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Links to the new rules

Technical

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...19-10-31_0.pdf

Finacial

Sporting
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...19-10-31_1.pdf

Can't say I have read them yet as it looks like it will take a day or two to read them. No doubt the teams have people looking for potential loop holes
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3937846)   #3695
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Links to the new rules

Technical

Finacial

Sporting
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...19-10-31_1.pdf

Can't say I have read them yet as it looks like it will take a day or two to read them. No doubt the teams have people looking for potential loop holes

The short version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epdmatdvSzk

Must say the first impressions are good. Of course one could say more was needed, but at least it's a step in the right directions in many ways.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3937851)   #3696
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been looking at the pictures of the new F1 cars and they feature a small winglet like device on top of the front wheels.
I am wondering are they there to help prevent flying cars if some goes over the top?
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3937854)   #3697
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I have been looking at the pictures of the new F1 cars and they feature a small winglet like device on top of the front wheels.
I am wondering are they there to help prevent flying cars if some goes over the top?

If I recall correctly they are there to control the front tire wake.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3937855)   #3698
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I haven't read the 2021 rules yet. However, are all the team's cars going to look more or less like this, or will there be some leeway, as far as design goes?

Old 31 Oct 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3937858)   #3699
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't read the 2021 rules yet. However, are all the team's cars going to look more or less like this, or will there be some leeway, as far as design goes?
I need to read the specifics linked above (looking forward to digging into it). But even without having read them, I have relatively high confidence that the cars will in many ways look as that rendering shows and then in many ways not.

I think that many would say that car is "better looking" than what we have today, but short of a spec solution you can't regulate beauty. Remember the ugly noses of awhile back? Regulation tried to generate X and teams found that Y was the actual solution (and still within the rules)

Richard
Old 31 Oct 2019, 22:52 (Ref:3937880)   #3700
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
The short version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epdmatdvSzk

Must say the first impressions are good. Of course one could say more was needed, but at least it's a step in the right directions in many ways.
So PU's unchanged.

Is there a maximum supply charge for a PU?