Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Feb 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3508143)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Poultry WEC Round 1 Silverstone - Who is Going?

Although it has been started on the le mans thread i thought it would be better to start a new thread for those going to this event
I will be heading up on the Friday and staying in the travel lodge at Buckingham, can we all post when we will be there and if staying where we will be
Old 23 Feb 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3508183)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same plan for me Simon.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3508258)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Unfortunately I am taking the wife away for our 25th wedding anniversary, so I will be missing Silverstone for the first time in ages. Bad planning I know, but at least I didn't get married in June.

I might look into the possibility of going to Spa instead.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3508271)   #4
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's touch and go, depending on whether I have car insurance at that point. I hope to see everyone there on Saturday and Sunday if I make it!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 24 Feb 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3508296)   #5
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After only having one day last year for the first time in many years, I'll be there all 3 days as staying with family. The benefit of originally being from Northampton!
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:06 (Ref:3508308)   #6
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just the Sunday for me this year
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:31 (Ref:3508316)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Should arrive Friday afternoon, be there for the Saturday and Sunday.

Staying a little bit outside Buckingham but sure will run across people in the White Hart or the Buckingham Fort at some stage! Equally open minded about sorting something more organised on one or both of the evenings - think most people have my email / phone number if you need to liaise.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3508324)   #8
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm camping sat night at woodlands. Im there sat and Sunday, told the wife we would be staying at whittlebury?hotel... It was too expensive... I'm sure she'll be okay.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3508327)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
I'm camping sat night at woodlands. Im there sat and Sunday, told the wife we would be staying at whittlebury?hotel... It was too expensive... I'm sure she'll be okay.
Travel lodge was very reasonable, £88 for two nights in family room
Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3508330)   #10
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Travel lodge was very reasonable, £88 for two nights in family room

Camping was £60 very expensive but cheapest option, £28 will buy drinks and some tea for the BBQ at night
Old 24 Feb 2015, 10:18 (Ref:3508336)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All being well I will be around on the Sunday (Wife's birthday on the Saturday....)
Old 24 Feb 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3508345)   #12
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be there on the Sunday with the lad (another ginger person, he had to miss Le Mans last year due to exams and we do not know if he will be able to go with me this year until we se his exam timetable and monitor his progress with his college coursework). We are staying in Northampton on the Saturday night as we have a big garden railway show in Peterborough to go to on the Saturday.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3508447)   #13
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be helping get drivers out of trouble, sorry marshalling on the Sunday.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3508559)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be there - should be around on Saturday and Sunday but unlikely to be staying over anywhere.

I notice Euro F3 has its opening round on this weekend as well. Must be the only F3 series left by now!?
Old 24 Feb 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3508593)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All three days for me.

Tickets & hotel booked just after new year!

Has anybody else who pre-booked tickets had an email from Silverstone confirming they were one of the 2000 to also get the pit walk access?
Old 9 Mar 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3513368)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Finally got round to booking ticket, also thought this needed pushing up the list
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3513392)   #17
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
How do people know if there in the first 2000? Also how many people roughly attended or do we think bought tickets online?
Old 9 Mar 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3513400)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think all of those have long gone, according to several people on pistonheads those who got the pit lane tickets were advised some time ago
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3513437)   #19
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think all of those have long gone, according to several people on pistonheads those who got the pit lane tickets were advised some time ago
If you're one of the ones who booked early enough you'll get a separate ticket along with your standard race one. I seem to remember seeing a tweet from Silverstone saying they were all gone about 6 weeks or so ago.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3513457)   #20
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My ticket has been delivered along with a separate pass for the pit walk.

However the pit walk isn't my thing so this ticket is going spare - if anybody is definitely going and would like the pass for free, it can go to the first one to say so here.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3513466)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally got my booking in today - in addition to camping too. Good chance to air the tent our before Le Mans.

Hopefully see some of you there.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3513509)   #22
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure yet about this one, trying to decide between this and maybe doing the Spa round instead. Really struggle to motivate myself to go to the new Silverstone.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3513584)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
My ticket has been delivered along with a separate pass for the pit walk.

However the pit walk isn't my thing so this ticket is going spare - if anybody is definitely going and would like the pass for free, it can go to the first one to say so here.
pm sent
Old 10 Mar 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3513600)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Not sure yet about this one, trying to decide between this and maybe doing the Spa round instead. Really struggle to motivate myself to go to the new Silverstone.
If it's an either or, for me Spa would win every time, but there is the real appeal of seeing the cars in the flesh for the first time, there's a good bunch of people usually there, so plenty of opportunity to bump into familiar faces, and for me the addition of the ELMS round on the Saturday really adds a lot.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3513604)   #25
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
WEC Round 1 Silverstone - Who is Going?

For me silverstone feels a bit detached, compared to Lemans and I guess spa, my first time ever at spa, but I think it will defiantly top silverstone. The only real appeal to me is that it's the first time I get to see the cars.

Is anyone going for the nurburgring round? I can't decide wether to do that or the spa24 in July, but bearing in mind I will have the wife ,kids and be stopping a few days while touring france and Switzerland etc.