Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Jan 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1197464)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
C&D Article on KK by Robin Miller

Robin Miller wrote an article on KK in the current issue of Car and Driver.

Miller, Robin. The Fall of CART, the Rise of OWRS. Car and Driver. pg 36. February 2005, Vol 50, No 8. Hachette Fillipacchi Media US Inc. New York.

Some of the interesting points:

* In 2003 PK Racing was "...one of the few teams..." that did not receive Pookfare. Essentially KK paid their way. Pookfare is quoted at a total value of $30M. I believe we've heard that figure before, but I've found sometimes we find out things were different than we were told at an earlier time.

* The series ownership goes as follows: KK owns 45%, GF 45%, PG 10%. I think we've heard rumours of similar numbers, but I think this has more credibility.

* Forsythe and KK spent "...an estimated $20M for television, promotions, team support, and payroll at Champ Car." I think this gives us a decent idea of how much went where.

* Further confirmation is made of Ganassi's attempt to buy Cosworth "...who made a large, if not suspicious bid but was rejected by Ford." Miller also says that Richard Parry-Jones said that KK and GF's bid was not the most lucrative for Ford.

* Miller also says that KK has spend "...in the neighbourhood of $50M..." on the series.

It was nice to see CC get some decent and positive coverage in more mainstream media. This was essentially the first article in the magazine.

Last edited by Snrub; 10 Jan 2005 at 18:33.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1198008)   #2
Rollin thunder
Rookie

Rollin thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the information scrub. Is this article available on the Internet?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1198317)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know if its online, you could take a look @ www.CARandDRIVER.com to see, but they only put a few articles up there.