Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:26 (Ref:126300)   #1
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my God!! what a weekend!

Hello to everyone! and those of you who were at Snet know exactly who the trouble makers were! This has been the best weekend I've ever had in motorsport...we had a great result with Nick finishing 6th after a brilliant drive from the back followed by a party with some of the nicest people I know which moved on to the campsite with the same crowd for a BBQ and then some kind soul (who shall remainnameless, but cooks a mean hamburger)found me somewhere to rest my weary head, which by the way was extremely sore this morning! Joanna was unlucky with the Integra, but did a great job in the first race. I really mean it, you are the best bunch of mates any team could have thank you all. Especially the cook!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:41 (Ref:126310)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John sir, we cannot thank you enough for the hospitality on Saturday night after the race. Team B&Q, as ever, helped make this weekend one of the best I've ever had. As for Nick's 6th place... WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

P.S: Bella and I apologise now for giving the Vauxhall mechanics some of your free booze. Wellllll... they did say we could do whatever we wanted with Jason's car in return...

Last edited by Minardi fan; 5 Aug 2001 at 21:43.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:42 (Ref:126311)   #3
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there r another 5 meetings to GO JOHN and hopefully i WILL be at 1 of them Joanna finished ahead of 3 Peugeots witch isn't bad at all and Phil Bennett when will u be driving the car again.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 22:01 (Ref:126319)   #4
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aaaaaaaaah im missin out on too much!!!! ah well i'll be there next season once ive got my drivin license!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 22:34 (Ref:126326)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
You two seriously are. Hmmm... anyone else think we should start planning an end-of-season Brands Hatch bash?!?!?!

Old 5 Aug 2001, 23:04 (Ref:126334)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a plan to me MF. I have booked off the Monday after the Brands Hatch race just in case!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 00:02 (Ref:126362)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

First day back at uni... pah... sod that...

Old 6 Aug 2001, 10:28 (Ref:126527)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh YES. cracking idea, peeps!

wow, and at a great circuit too

john, really, thanks for letting us in your beer tent and by lending me those last 3 beers, you made a bunch of vauxhall lads very happy. shame my pic of minardi fan trying to nick jason plato's car didn't work..

and whatever wine you had in the tent - get some more! i haven't got a hangover!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 17:07 (Ref:126667)   #9
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your hospitality was amazing ....... just next time please turn off your bloody mobile!

Thanks again for brighting up our weekend
Old 6 Aug 2001, 17:40 (Ref:126679)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
..but the mobile was essential for calling B&Q corporate head office at 3am to see about getting some t-shirts. I was just waiting for the security guard who answered to ask "may I ask who's is calling?"
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:09 (Ref:126689)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T-shirts - did I hear someone mention T-shirts?? Now that could be interesting.
I could get the sewing machine out and have a JSM front and a B&Q back - I wonder who will get the sleeves - so much easier than carrying flags and inflatables and wearing 3 hats!

End of season bash at Brands - Sandra - you can move your birthday party to Brands - can't you!!!

You sound as if you had a great time - pity Kev had to get up at 6am the next morning.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 19:11 (Ref:126723)   #12
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team B&Q are showing everyone else in Motorsport and the BTCC how gto do it-they are truly a 'fan's team'-they appreciate what the fans are and what they come to events for; fun!

Well done John, and i haven't even been to one of these events yet!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 20:06 (Ref:126743)   #13
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello peeps, updated my website, which includes a couple pix of Joanna, there are more, john/joanna you can have them at croft!

Kelvin

(see cool sites for url)

Last edited by Kelvin; 6 Aug 2001 at 20:12.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 21:19 (Ref:126768)   #14
Lorna
Veteran

I think WoodyTJ is referring to the alarm going off at whatever time in the morning it was. It woke me up.. and then I went to sleep again.... it woke me up.... and then I went to sleep again... etc! There must have been a snooze button on his phone!

Now, did anyone pick up the small black case to the flash on my camera? I seemed to have mislaid it during the evening whilst participating in the B&Q drinking ritual. Chances are it was left in the awning. John?!?!??!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:04 (Ref:126784)   #15
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic time! Thanks John for the hospitality Hope you've recovered a bit

I drank about 3 pints of that white wine, which was really nice, and like Bella, I didn't get a headache, so you'll have to get some more in

As for the keys to the Mini - I thought I'd lost them for good on the Saturday night, but on Sunday, Lorna sat down on a chair, turned round and picked them up from the grass behind her - so that saved my bacon..

We spent the Sunday in Peterborough, scaring people by driving the Mini on the grass and honking the horn at people. Great stuff

T-shirts?? Who needs 'em - Schoey, Lorna and I had the latest in fashion wear - a B&Q flag draped over ourselves. Kept the rain off too

John and Lorna - you need to get married I think.. Lorna can moan about John's snoring, and John can complain about Lorny's cooking
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:04 (Ref:126785)   #16
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow!! That was quite something! Congrats on Team B&Q's cracking performance, and thanks for the hospitality John It was great chatting to you at the campsite - hope the team weren't looking for you!

I felt remarkably awake and alive at 8am, despite only getting 4 hours kip! Even the trek to Peterborough (after the key hunt!) wasn't too bad, and then I had a great day there too - what a weekend

Roll on next time!!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:23 (Ref:126796)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
I think WoodyTJ is referring to the alarm going off at whatever time in the morning it was. It woke me up.. and then I went to sleep again.... it woke me up.... and then I went to sleep again... etc! There must have been a snooze button on his phone!
Was that the thing that bleeped about once every couple of minutes. Probably John's lap timer
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:26 (Ref:126798)   #18
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Miaaaaaaow!!!

Saucer of milk for Nigel!!!

Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:31 (Ref:126800)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Tut tut!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:33 (Ref:126804)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, wish I could come to all the BTCC meetings. I'm really jealous of you lot! Well until I get my driving licence (next year) and a bit of money its out of the question.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 23:55 (Ref:126841)   #21
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll hopefully have my license by new year so i'll definitely be trying to get to as many meetings as i can afford!!!!
Old 7 Aug 2001, 13:51 (Ref:127142)   #22
John Batchelor
Racer

Oh dear.....there appear to be parts of the evening that I don't remember...I have a complete blank about my mobile going off and also making a telephone call about T-shirts!! Never mind, what I do remember was having a very memorable evening, I also seem to remember picking up the BBQ to light a fag!! Oh God what an example for the sport!!!
Old 7 Aug 2001, 20:27 (Ref:127276)   #23
Lorna
Veteran

Keep your dignity and stop talking now John!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 04:45 (Ref:127416)   #24
John Batchelor
Racer

Dignity?? When did I get that?
Old 8 Aug 2001, 05:57 (Ref:127429)   #25
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Look here John, I know I am nuts being on here at 6:30am but 5:45am - can't you sleep or something???