Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2494466)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's gone, Raikkonen or Massa?

Well, after reading speculation for months about Alonso going to Ferrari (and lately about the Sept 11th, 2009 announcement), which driver is getting the boot?
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2494474)   #2
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
and lately about the Sept 11th, 2009 announcement
What announcement? Link?
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2494480)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Definitely Kimi, 100%. In terms of results he & Massa are similar, but Kimi's retainer is much, much bigger.

It is rumoured that Ferrari wanted rid of Kimi last winter, but his contract was watertight.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2494484)   #4
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what then kimi to renault lol cant see him and flavio getting on lol
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2494489)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMong View Post
what then kimi to renault lol cant see him and flavio getting on lol
I think he'll retire from F1 at the end of 2009. After that, we might see outings in other branches of the sport, such as rallying or sportscars.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2494505)   #6
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi in DTM?? that would make good viewing!!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2494506)   #7
simon wills
Racer

New Zealand
Adelaide
simon wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hadn't Kimi been ranting on about he would be going where ever Ferrari go, (FOTA breakaway), as he is contracted to them? Pretty sure I read it in a quote from him, so I am sure he doesn't seem to be thinking about leaving, or either he is pumping up his payout value from them...
Old 1 Jul 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2494515)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon wills View Post
Hadn't Kimi been ranting on about he would be going where ever Ferrari go, (FOTA breakaway), as he is contracted to them?
Ranting? I'd say it was a carefully worded statement from a man toeing the company line.

Regardless of his contract, I can't see Kimi driving for the Scuderia in 2010.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2494533)   #9
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen. He'll go and do rallying which he clearly has an interest in, the poor guy is bored out of his head in F1
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 1 Jul 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2494559)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitely Kimi.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2494562)   #11
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the link to Sept 11th announcement.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...30095159.shtml

Happy Canada Day!!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2494589)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
It'd be great to see Alonso back in a front-running car. Let's just hope Ferrari can give him that.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2494677)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Ranting? I'd say it was a carefully worded statement from a man toeing the company line.

Regardless of his contract, I can't see Kimi driving for the Scuderia in 2010.
To be fair, Kimi has said that for 2010 he'd be driving a Ferrari, but he didn't state it would be in F1
Old 1 Jul 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2494716)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And here's what Ferrari have to say about it : http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esport...RE+ALONSO.html
Old 1 Jul 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2494780)   #15
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If, what, possibly, maybe, perhaps. As we United supporters say, they are playing for United when they turn up on the pitch with a red shirt on. In this case red overalls.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2494791)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anyone goes, it is Raikkonen. Despite his one world championship I think Kimi will probably go down as a driver that did not really fulfil his massive potential and raw talent.

Unlike so many drivers that have a claim to never having had the team, the car, the resources, the money - Raikkonen can only really look in the mirror as to the reasons why.

However, I suspect Kimi doesn't care in the slightest...
Old 2 Jul 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2495068)   #17
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. I can't remember another driver at the top of the sport whose heart was so clearly not in it.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2495089)   #18
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
both are going to be there
Old 2 Jul 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2495241)   #19
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am sure Kimi will leave and begin rallying, if not now than sooner or later. Why not? He's won a world championship and made enough to live happily ever after in F1. He's clearly got prodigious driving talent. He also seems bored, and rallying would be the perfect place for someone in that situation, especially a Finn.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2495261)   #20
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and kkim has got ADHD
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2495268)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
and kkim has got ADHD
Really? Have a read of this and then tell me he has ADHD. I'm assuming you mean Kimi, by the way.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2495314)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
ADHD? Kimi? He's arguably the world's most chilled-out professional sporstsman!
Old 3 Jul 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2495506)   #23
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
If anyone goes, it is Raikkonen. Despite his one world championship I think Kimi will probably go down as a driver that did not really fulfil his massive potential and raw talent.

Unlike so many drivers that have a claim to never having had the team, the car, the resources, the money - Raikkonen can only really look in the mirror as to the reasons why.

However, I suspect Kimi doesn't care in the slightest...
Agree.

I think Kimi is showing a lack of professionalism. A professional driver is supposed to get the best result possible for his team regardless of whether he is fighting for the championship or a back marker struggling to get points. While Kimi is generally motivated while chasing the title, when he's not, such as now, he becomes dissinterested.

The ice cream race in Malaysia summed it all up. At the time he pulled into the pits and got out of the car, he was not in a position to tell whether or not the race would be restarted. While he wasnt contenting for the lead, by pulling into the pits he lost a couple of places and would have started further down the pack if the race had restarted.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2495516)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
The ice cream race in Malaysia summed it all up. At the time he pulled into the pits and got out of the car, he was not in a position to tell whether or not the race would be restarted. While he wasn't contenting for the lead, by pulling into the pits he lost a couple of places and would have started further down the pack if the race had restarted.
Sorry, but you're mistaken. Like most of Kimi's detractors, you haven't got your facts right.

At the point Kimi got out of the car in Malaysia, changed and started sucking an ice cream, the decision had already been taken by the team that the car would not take the restart, even if there was one. There was a fault with the KERS system, I believe due to the torrential rain. Water and electricity don't mix too well.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2495518)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
It is quite naive to think that Ferrari would allow its driver to retire a healthy car.