Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1306235)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some praise, if you will......

......for Minardi and Jacques Villeneuve!

Minardi have finally leapfrogged Jordan for real, on pace, and the new car looks quite reasonable now. OK, they may return to the back at Nurburgring, but hey they can celebrate the moment can't they? Good job!

*Waits for someone to say that Minardi have changed their engines*

Well done Villeneuve too. This is probably the first time he has outpaced Massa, truly and genuinely, in a session this year and at Monaco to boot with a just-repaired car. So well done to him as well.
Old 21 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1306238)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done the Minardis..... and Patrick Friesacher.. stunningly quicker than Albers....

The Jordons looked terrible.... almost like there were two people fighting over the steering wheel....

Congrats to JV as well....
Old 21 May 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1306239)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was so surprised to see Jacques beat Massa today, a pleasant surprise though. All the 'getting closer to Massa is a good result' stuff was never really good enough. Today's result is a proper one.
Old 21 May 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1306243)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree - it's great to see them off the bottom. It must feel like winning points for them - and long may it continue!

By the way - great Avatar Knowls.

Ralf's face is almost as mishapen as his front suspension!
Old 21 May 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1306247)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks. Yer, it's a choice picture from my avatars selection. Hehe....
Old 21 May 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1306250)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Laugh Now.... but when Ralf Schumacher goes from 20th to 1st by the 5th lap and wins by 45 secs... i will be the one with the grins....

*Consoles self by convincing the above will happen*
Old 21 May 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1306255)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

In Ralfs defence, he showed great attitude in his apology to the team.
Old 21 May 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1306258)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Great thread Knowlesy I am very happy to see that Minardi are not last on the grid and that JV was very quick today. Ohh The Avatar is cruel
Old 21 May 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1306259)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Laugh Now.... but when Ralf Schumacher goes from 20th to 1st by the 5th lap and wins by 45 secs... i will be the one with the grins....

*Consoles self by convincing the above will happen*
It's not that bad RF, it will be 17th due to no BAR and JPM sent to the naughty boys corner
Old 21 May 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1306265)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
BTW Congrats also to MW.... he has been the centre of criticism here so i thought i'd applaud a good effort.... he proved once again that he is one of the best single lap qualifiers....
Old 21 May 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1306267)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i was pleased to see Minardi ahead of Jordan . not that i want jodan to do badly
also . Kimi was impressive . i thought Alonso had it .. but then he just destroyed alonso's time ...

Ciao Marco
Old 21 May 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1306294)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both Mianrdi's drivers have much mroe Monaco experience than Narain, and more than Montiero, and that coupled with Jordan's apparent off-track uncertainties might've helped, but the fact is that, with the Toyota engine advantage hobbled (and the actual engine hobbled in NK's case!), Minardi got the job done. Well done guys - I love seeing them do well, the team really deserve it.

....Waits for JohnSSC to come in and shuld me down.....

As for JV, he was undoubtedly faster, and with a slight disadvantage in terms of running order. If he can keep it up (at a track he doesn't have a brilliant record at) he'll take a lot of heat off himself.
Old 21 May 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1306335)   #13
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job the Minardi! Friesacher looked on it all weekend!

JV faster that Massa and the Ferraris as well, good job!
Old 21 May 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1306360)   #14
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Minardi!

I had a huge grin on my face when they beat Jordan on pure pace. Here's hoping they carry it over to the race.
Old 21 May 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1306443)   #15
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Great job Minardi
hope you can get some points soon
Old 22 May 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1306450)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
Forza Minardi!

I had a huge grin on my face when they beat Jordan on pure pace. Here's hoping they carry it over to the race.
Lets hope they can carry it over into Q2
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 May 2005, 00:38 (Ref:1306465)   #17
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't help but love Minardi can you?
Old 22 May 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1306512)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah..i tend to like Minardi when Paul Stoddart keeps quiet.
Old 22 May 2005, 07:05 (Ref:1306523)   #19
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i dont think Paul has anything to whinge about this round !!

As for Minardi... If they can keep that cosworth firing, and there nose out of trouble... points could be a possibility at Monaco.
Old 22 May 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1306526)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good thread.

Good for Minardi.

Good for JV.
Old 22 May 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1306527)   #21
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good job by Minardi and I hope it provides a confidence boost the team can carry forward for the rest of the season. Same applies to JV.
Old 22 May 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1306530)   #22
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Great job Minardi and great job JV
Old 22 May 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1306552)   #23
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Both Mianrdi's drivers have much mroe Monaco experience than Narain, and more than Montiero, ...
DTM does not race at Monaco.
Albers has not raced there since 2000.
Old 22 May 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1306656)   #24
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can someone with a thing for statistics (I can't be stuffed! ) calculate if Minardi have gotten quicker relative to the rest or Jordan are slow? They seem to have some poke on the straights which will make them had to pass.
Old 22 May 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1306890)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I retract my initial statement!

Still, at least Freisacher was the catalyst for a spicy race!