Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1473748)   #1
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSV Formula Ford/BRSCC National

Any news on if a national formula ford Kent championship will take place next year? MSV will know doubt stop the backing but will the BRSCC take it on?

How much will the entry be do you think and will they be double headers?

A number of the people who were going to do MSV have now indicated that they will move up to Duratec...

Phil did you speak to JP after the Festival?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1473769)   #2
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chris

I didn't get to speak to JP at the Festival (was he there???), but I did send him the details of drivers/teams that were looking to do MSV next year. To date I have had no reply from him - my gut feeling is that it will not be MSV backed next year, but revert to BRSCC SFFC. I'll ping him another email today and post any response here

Cheers

Phil
Old 30 Nov 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1473790)   #3
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble
I didn't get to speak to JP at the Festival (was he there???)
Yes, he was there.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1473840)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, his big helicopter landed near me.

Hopefully it will continue, it was good this year, sometimes the entries weren't the biggest, but you need to give it time.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1474116)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you can expect an announcement very soon on the structure of the Club Formula Ford Championship for next year.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1474200)   #6
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
Any news on if a national formula ford Kent championship will take place next year? MSV will know doubt stop the backing but will the BRSCC take it on?
MSV never backed the 2005 National FF Kent Championship. MSV only supported the BRSCC Southern Regional Championship.
The National element of FF1600 this year was the King of Kents.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1474449)   #7
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone out there still wondering if MSV will back FF1600 again next year.....

From Jonathan Palmer:

"I think you can assume there will be no backing from MSV, unlike last year.
As I said before, the sustained poor level of support from competitors did
not justify the cost. Having said that, I'm sure BRSCC will run some races
for FF1600"

It's a shame as it was a great package, but not entirely unexpected given the entry levels this year. I always felt it needed a second year to grow, and I'm convinced it would have been much better in 2006......I guess now we'll never know.......
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1474457)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sucks somewhat...so I assume that will mean the only FF1600 likely to go to Cadwell Park in 2006 will be HSCC & Classic?
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1474494)   #9
Redracer77
Veteran

Why start something if you don't complete it...... There are a number of people wanting to do MSV next year as long as the timetable was released early. Last year people made plans before it was announced so it was hard to change.

Maybe the BRSCC will develop a similar concept without the prize money but with maybe 7 or 8 meetings
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1474527)   #10
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CLUB FORMULA FORD

PRESS RELEASE
01 December 2005

for immediate release

Club Formula Ford will be the new overall title for the championship which formerly covered the Opal Telecom NW FF1600 , the Star of the Midlands Formula Ford and the MSV FF1600. The format will allow individual or group sponsor branding, but will see just two divisions instead of three for the 1600 'Kent' group. These will be North West and a then combination of the Midlands and South.

The Avon Clubman Formula Ford 1800 (Zetec) Class will retain its own strong identity and continue to have it's own dedicated stand alone race calendar.

The 'Kent' engined formula had been the subject of intense scrutiny and input was sought from a wide audience base drawn from competitors, teams, engine builders, manufacturers, suppliers and many other interested parties. Championship Manager Kevin Shortis explained, "I have welcomed the interest and communication that I have received and have been grateful for the input from so many interested parties. I have listened long and hard to several proposals, and then taken technical advice from many expert sources also. As a result, there will be no alterations or modifications to the Club Formula Ford (Kent/Zetec) regulations covering any technical aspects. The championship has stood the test of time on the current regulations and there is no compelling evidence to institute any changes at this time."

The Championship calendar is nearing completion and a draft will be
released in the coming days.

Whilst the subject of television coverage has been muted, Shortis would not be drawn out other than to say, "We are looking to try and achieve television coverage, but this will have to be largely dependent on attracting additional sponsor funds to assist. We will be in discussion with several large organisations in the coming weeks to see if this can be taken forward".

A dedicated website will also carry details of the championship together with information and press releases with race reports and championship points table.

Although treated as one championship by permit status, the appointment of several championship co-ordinators with special responsibility for each element is expected to be announced soon.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1474532)   #11
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1474538)   #12
Redracer77
Veteran

So we have no national championship but a Northern and a Southern/Midlands?
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1474539)   #13
Redracer77
Veteran

Why also spend money on a new website when they can sponsor Ian Sowmans site for better coverage.......
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1474549)   #14
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad move Kev.

You have somebody's interest at heart in that decision and it isn't the drivers........
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1474550)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There wasn't a national championship before. There isn't one now.

Kevin acknowledges the quality of the FF1600.co.uk coverage is better than will be on the official website. However, it is only right that the championship has an official website in the control of the organisers. There will be some slight overlap in what we do, but not a lot. I expect our site to remain more popular.

I am interested in how this will be paid for. Chris will remember the meeting two years ago when we couldn't convince the BRSCC to put money into the original website, despite in the plans that were put to them it doing all that Kevin's will and more. So why would BRSCC pay for it now? The argument will surely be even harder to make given that there is already a high quality website out there. I guess the answer might be that registration fees might increase - but would drivers see that as a worthwile extra £10 (say) on registrations?

On the other hand, if BRSCC had any control over our site then we would lose the editorial independence to comment on the BRSCC as we have been able to - often to constructive effect, I think - this year.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1474556)   #16
Redracer77
Veteran

Ian, MSV was a national championship
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1474564)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

It was the Southern championship albeit with 25% of its races outside of the South. Rather like Star of the Midlands in 2003 which had visits to Brands and Oulton. Not a national championship. In 2006, the Midlands/South region could probably be considered to be as much of a national championship as MSV is this year - albeit without one visit to Oulton.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1474581)   #18
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
It is all history now, but I repeat - and not for the first time

MSV never backed a 2005 National FF Kent Championship. MSV only supported the BRSCC Southern Regional Championship. MSV only gave financial support to the BRSCC Southern Regional Championship welcome though it was.
Saying the MSV was a National Championship is like saying the Opal Telecom NW Championship was a National Championship.
MSV, Opal, Melton and SOM were all Regional Championships

The only National element of FF1600 this year was the King of Kents
Old 1 Dec 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1474590)   #19
Redracer77
Veteran

Sorry Diz I dont agree with you. They re badged an old championship that was Southern based but it was as close to a national championship as we have got. Cadwell, Oulton, Snetterton and Brands....
Old 1 Dec 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1474632)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
Sorry Diz I dont agree with you. They re badged an old championship that was Southern based but it was as close to a national championship as we have got. Cadwell, Oulton, Snetterton and Brands....
I still beg to differ Chris. BH and Snet are in the South. CP and OP were away days. So as the NW had an away day at Croft, did it become National? I think not.
It was the Southern Regional Championship that "got rebadged" with MSV putting their name to it. Only rebadged, not reclassified. If SOM had got a last minute sponsor, would that have become National?

Anyway, I'm bored now. I've got a race meeting to organise.