Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Apr 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3631232)   #101
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sleep deprived.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3631234)   #102
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm esecially busy at work right now don't have a new challenge. If AoB wants to take the lead on the next one....go ahead.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3631285)   #103
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go for it AoB
Old 17 Jun 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3650895)   #104
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Untimeliness

Fashionably late, plus a month and a week.

Within the below area (hoping that scaling doesn't foul up), a circuit must be designed (obviously, me)with the paddock being internal to the area. Other facilities do not need to be.

Necessary are an Endurance-strecke of at least 8.5 miles and an F1 length course.

For bonus are as many (especially independent) club and/or national courses as possible, a drag strip, and a rallycross course.

Area perimeter length as displayed.
Attached Thumbnails
TDG 2.png  
Old 7 Jul 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3657558)   #105
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Anyone working on this or ditch it?
Old 8 Jul 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3657702)   #106
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
to be honest I'd forgotten about it.

I'm working all weekend so can't do anything soon
Old 29 Nov 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3692117)   #107
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone want to try a new challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 Nov 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3692248)   #108
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Why not?
Old 10 Dec 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3695190)   #109
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So a pretty simple task to get back into it. There's a little airfield near me called Parham Airfield (Suffolk) that I think would make a great club track. So the brief is simple.

Use the any part of the area inside the perimeter fence, needs a pit lane of course but nothing too complex.

Note those big blue patches are solar panels, remove them if you wish!!!

Old 12 Dec 2016, 06:43 (Ref:3695426)   #110
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Where is this perimeter fence of which you speak?
Old 12 Dec 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3695483)   #111
Bcarr6
Veteran

Sorry, I meant perimeter road, which is the white track that creates the shape that looks like a bike saddle!

Old 22 Dec 2016, 23:03 (Ref:3698010)   #112
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Click image for larger version

Name:	parham Airfield.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	48801
Old 23 Dec 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3698067)   #113
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6997527
Old 12 Jan 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3702074)   #114
Bcarr6
Veteran

Here's mine, with a little bit of figure of eight bridge over action

Old 15 Jan 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3702786)   #115
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
where next?
Old 3 May 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3730873)   #116
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
where next?

Got any ideas?
Old 4 May 2017, 23:13 (Ref:3731097)   #117
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Yeah lets keep with the airfield genre going but with a difference

Click image for larger version

Name:	1945 image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	49532

This is RAF Broadwell as was during WWII, it closed and was returned to farmland in 1947. The current RAF Brize Norton is only a couple of miles away.

Use your imagination, go back to 1947 and buy the land, and build me a racing circuit using the perimeter road and runways, and the minimal of new tarmac/concrete.

Now resurrect the old circuit into a modern safe raceway, the money is available to add some new sections.

I've added a line down the centre of the runway 1.76kms is 1.1 miles in old money so that should help with scale. The google earth co-ordinates are bottom right if you want to plan it out on that first.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 02:25 (Ref:3771930)   #118
kerb
Racer

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
revival?

ok, I have an idea of a challenge. there are 21 circuits on the formula 1 calendar (I am including hockenheim in this) and the challenge is to make a track from different sections of the 21. you don't have to use all of them and you can use multiple sections from the same track, but you have to use minimum of 7 tracks. to help out, here is Daniel Riccardo's example
Attached Thumbnails
3064fe4170e844781e1bb43186f96514.png  
Old 7 Oct 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3772436)   #119
kerb
Racer

Australia
canberra
kerb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh, and here are the F1 circuits
Attached Thumbnails
723e9c40b7f54e3d917ae43185667654.jpg  
Old 27 Apr 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4153138)   #120
daneferrari
Rookie

Italy
Italy
daneferrari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaru View Post
Hi everyone, I have a proposal for a new game I've thought of (OK so I stole it from another forum, thank you FerrariMan96) - a Track Designing Competition.

I've seen these on other forums before...they all eventually died out, but I wanted to get one started again. So this is how it'll work:
  1. A person sets the rules/criteria for their competition. It can be pretty much anything they want, but it has to be set in the real world. Example rules are listed below. A deadline (of a week or so) should also be set.
  2. Competitors then design tracks using GMap-Pedometer or anything else they can post easily to the forum for all to see. Depending on the rules of the competition, more than 1 map may have to be submitted (e.g. if a pit lane also needs to be shown).
  3. The person who set the competition chooses the winner.
  4. The winner then sets their own competition, and will choose the next winner, who will set the next competition and so on.
Example rules/criteria/parameters people can set for their competitions:

• Location (e.g. "In Australia", "Closest point less than 50km from the centre of Rome" or whatever)
  • Track length (e.g. 4-6km, 3-4km, 10-15km or whatever you like)
  • Track type (e.g. Street circuit, Purpose-built circuit, "hybrid" circuit like Adelaide - part purpose built, part street circuit) - Note that even for full street circuits, a little bit of 'new' road should be allowed as it's sometimes necessary
  • What type of racing the track is intended for (F1, WEC, TT, etc)
  • If buildings can be destroyed or not
  • If road width (or "possible road width, if road was widened) and elevation should be accounted for or not (using Google Street View is helpful here)
  • If run off should be accounted for
  • If a pit lane needs to be designed, and what minimum length it should be (e.g. 150m, 250m...)
It isn't necessary to specify all these parameters, and others can be used too; these are just some examples.

If folks are interested, I'll check back in a day or two to set up the first challenge!
Great idea! I see that the last contest was held quite a long time ago, I suggest reviving it!