Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 15 May 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3733689)   #1
locky568
Rookie

locky568 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help with designing a track.

Hi everyone, first post on this forum.

I'm a serving British Soldier and I've built a karting track on my camp. The track is built on site at MoD Lyneham which used to be an active RAF site with a large runway.

As it's no longer in use I was given a large area to build a track, I did this by using tyres 3 high to build the track. So far it's been brilliant but I'm now looking at getting it professionally made.

I've included 2 photos along with the scale, I would really appreciate it if someone could have a go at designing a new track for me as I need to send plans off to get quotes.

Ideally I would like it 600-800 metres in length with a pit area also. We run up to 6 corporate karts at a time on it.

The only limitations are a 3 meter gap needs to be left on either side of the existing runway, I've annoyed the limits on the photo.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I'll add a video of the track we have currently shortly.

http://imgur.com/a/NzC2N - Full Site

http://imgur.com/Vr4GKS6 - Track Site

Last edited by locky568; 15 May 2017 at 19:56.
Old 16 May 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3733796)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the actual space available to use is approx 38m by about 200m in order to fit stated requirements
Old 16 May 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3733889)   #3
locky568
Rookie

Correct

https://youtu.be/nACcG7YGRhw

There's a video of the current track.

Last edited by locky568; 16 May 2017 at 16:55.
Old 16 May 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3733925)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In case you are wondering posts from new members that include links are checked by the moderators first until you have established your presence here. This is nothing personal it's an automatic a spam filter
Old 16 May 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3733926)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
About your current track it looks very narrow, hardly room for 2 karts side by side. How wide is it, and also what is the minimum width the you are looking for in the design?
Old 16 May 2017, 23:43 (Ref:3733961)   #6
locky568
Rookie

Yes it's narrow, which is unfortunate, but as you can see from the video we've managed to make it work currently. Most places on the track are wide enough for 2 karts with 3 or 4 good overtaking areas.

As long as it can fit at least 2 karts side by side it's fine.

The plan is to get the track painted on, kerbs painted then use barriers rather than tyres to make the track.