Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Dec 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3944403)   #1576
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do BTC still own the 2 FK2 Civics, could they potentially run one of those alongside the 2 FK8
Old 2 Dec 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3944408)   #1577
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Do BTC still own the 2 FK2 Civics, could they potentially run one of those alongside the 2 FK8
As far as I know, yes.

It would make sense... take one of their FK2's put the TOCA bits off of Aidens Merc on it and away you go. It wouldn't surprise me if the Merc shell is heading back to Ciceley as a spare. BTC wanted the TBL and possibly the TOCA bits... not an old Merc.

Although I can still see a third FK8. BTC have invested in their programme, skimping and making do do not appear to be part of their philosophy to date.

(Cue imminent announcement of Lewis Hamilton in a BTC Merc )
Old 2 Dec 2019, 22:59 (Ref:3944412)   #1578
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So will the Mercedes be stripped to recreate 1 of the FK2’s ? Can imaging Dynamics would be happy about building an FK8 with used running gear?
Teams will have spare sub-frames etc and rotate them through the year, so second-hand or otherwise is not really an issue. I'm not sure Dynamics care what you do with the car after they've been paid for it.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3944413)   #1579
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Do BTC still own the 2 FK2 Civics
Yes, and the two Chevrolet Cruzes.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 23:04 (Ref:3944414)   #1580
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
But are they all still complete cars, and not been stripped down for spec parts to use on their newer machinery? Seems like a lot of stock to hold otherwise.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3944415)   #1581
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought one of the Cruzes had been purchased by Norlin themselves?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 04:13 (Ref:3944443)   #1582
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I thought one of the Cruzes had been purchased by Norlin themselves?
I also though one of the FK2’s belonged to Norlin too. I seem to recall BTC posting pictures of a FK2 being rebuilt, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they ran one alongside the 2 FK8’s.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3944458)   #1583
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like progress on a deal for Proctor:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lOn1Eh...=1isy3tvxa44zj

What’s the thoughts on where he might get a seat? Back to PMR? Collard to WSR? Into the TP Audi perhaps?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3944459)   #1584
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Be ideal for the Touring Car Trophy perhaps? Might we also see the MGs appear there in 2020...
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3944460)   #1585
Millvi
Racer

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lOn1Eh...=1isy3tvxa44zj

Proctor with progress towards a deal it seems.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3944461)   #1586
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I think he has a deal on the table elsewhere and has given WSR this deadline, presumably secured enough funding for a 'cheaper' team and seeing if they'll make the move to keep him.
Jordan won't be in BTCC if not with WSR. He said at the TOCA Awards that he was still looking for sponsors and that Dick was keeping the seat open for him.

I also predict Jake Hill will remain at TPC.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3944463)   #1587
Millvi
Racer

Who might get the 3rd WSR seat if not AJ? Need a serious budget to seal a drive there. But surely WSR would also want someone to mount a serious championship(s) campaign.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3944464)   #1588
Millvi
Racer

Proctor on Facebook and Instagram suggesting a deal is close to being sealed. TP Audi perhaps? A return to PMR with Collard to WSR?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3944473)   #1589
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Jordan won't be in BTCC if not with WSR. He said at the TOCA Awards that he was still looking for sponsors and that Dick was keeping the seat open for him.

I also predict Jake Hill will remain at TPC.
Can't see Jake moving up to AmD?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3944476)   #1590
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Going by the latest post on the raceworx facebook page BTC havent got Moffats mercedes at all. Its still sat in the laser workshop all built up.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3944477)   #1591
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
"You know my terms..." ?

WSR will need someone to bring money to run the car, surely they are the ones dictating terms.
Agreed.

It reads to me like AJ's ego meant that he had to hijack a WSR announcement to try and make it about himself.

At this time, WSR have a 4-time champion available, including back-to-back tiles, along with a highly competitive car and another promising driver.

AJ without the Pirtek backing seems to need WSR more than WSR need him.

If I was running a team, and my team had just made a self-promoting tweet - I'd be pretty miffed if a potential driver used twitter as a tool to try and force my hand into making a decision.

Surely a private phone call is better than calling out the team publicly? Does AJ expect DB's hand will be forced by a public clamouring on twitter to sign him?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3944480)   #1592
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Going by the latest post on the raceworx facebook page BTC havent got Moffats mercedes at all. Its still sat in the laser workshop all built up.
If they're not planning on running the Merc, and were only interested in the TBL that came with it, maybe then:
They have an agreement that they'll collect the car at a later date?
They sold the car back and Laser are planning on keeping it / using it for spares?
They have sold the car on to Ciceley who are still to collect from Livingston?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3944486)   #1593
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Agreed.

It reads to me like AJ's ego meant that he had to hijack a WSR announcement to try and make it about himself.

At this time, WSR have a 4-time champion available, including back-to-back tiles, along with a highly competitive car and another promising driver.

If I was running a team, and my team had just made a self-promoting tweet - I'd be pretty miffed if a potential driver used twitter as a tool to try and force my hand into making a decision.

Surely a private phone call is better than calling out the team publicly? Does AJ expect DB's hand will be forced by a public clamouring on twitter to sign him?
WSR's reply to the tweet was something like "Don't worry, we still love you" so appears they weren't too concerned about it and could be doing all they can from their side to see that he remains in the team.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3944487)   #1594
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Not sure if anyone needs tickets for Silverstone but if you do, they’ve for a Black Friday deal on their website - buy tickets for April, get the September ones FOC.
Cheers for this - 2 tickets bought. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3944488)   #1595
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
WSR's reply to the tweet was something like "Don't worry, we still love you" so appears they weren't too concerned about it and could be doing all they can from their side to see that he remains in the team.
"Don't worry, we still love you" sounds like an "It's not your fault, it's mine" end of relationship moment.

I don't see anything from their exchange that would suggest WSR are doing all they can? Just keeping things amicable.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3944490)   #1596
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed.

Agreed. He makes so many arrogant comments like this, and that's why I find it hard to like him.

Would much rather someone else got the 3rd BMW.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3944495)   #1597
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
From earlier in this topic - most manufacturers do still have a 2.0. I think within a few years it will become a problem though.
On the flip side - if the Toyota struggles to challenge at the front regularly this year, could Speedworks throw a spanner in the FWD category and put the 2.0 Boxer engine from the GT86 into the Corolla.
(Highly unlikely I know, but seems to be permitted under homologation requirements).

And while we're at it - when the 2021 rumour thread starts, how about a Mazda 6 with the new RX-9 rotary engine?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3944501)   #1598
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
On the flip side - if the Toyota struggles to challenge at the front regularly this year, could Speedworks throw a spanner in the FWD category and put the 2.0 Boxer engine from the GT86 into the Corolla.
(Highly unlikely I know, but seems to be permitted under homologation requirements).

And while we're at it - when the 2021 rumour thread starts, how about a Mazda 6 with the new RX-9 rotary engine?
boxer and rotary engine both not allowed anymore. must be inline 4 cyl
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3944503)   #1599
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would he be four time champion without AJ missing three races through no fault of his own though?

Personally I don't see anything wrong in the slightest with what AJ has done on Twitter. Times have changed.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3944505)   #1600
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
boxer and rotary engine both not allowed anymore. must be inline 4 cyl
Has that been published anywhere?