Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2207038)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
#1 Audi post LM driver lineup?

With Biela being out of the car for the rest of the ALMS season(he was only contracted to run the 3 races between Sebring and Le Mans), who will drive the #1 Audi starting at Lime Rock.

It seems that Allan McNish is the front running choice, but if that's the case, wouldn't he want Dindo Capello to be his driving mate? If that is indeed the case, wouldn't Pirro also have to step aside for the rest of the season? McNish and Capello is a logical choice, as the two remaining LMS races don't clash with ALMS dates, and Audi will want to be on full kill for Penske with two cars that can win with equal driver lineups(Biela and Pirro is and excellent overall driver lineup, but they do seem to be kinda laid back, and not as all out as Werner/Luhr or Nishy and Dindo).

So what's the future of the #1 Audi in the ALMS?
Old 20 May 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2207264)   #2
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you might be right there, chernaudi.
I can't see any reason not to run Allan and Dindo. Maybe Emmanuelle will be offered a seat somewhere else.
Old 20 May 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2207468)   #3
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they will just resign him, or bring over one of their DTM drivers.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2207557)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I heard that Nishy was the likely choice , but where that leaves his LMS mount im not sure ?
Old 20 May 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2207564)   #5
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I heard that Nishy was the likely choice , but where that leaves his LMS mount im not sure ?
No more clashes, so no more problem. That said, I think Allan wanted to be in Europe because he wanted to be close to his family.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2207611)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So , Nishy will be doing ALMS & LMS ?

Busy little man !!!
Old 20 May 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2207628)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where did you hear McNish was the likely choice? Kettler basically said no comment.
Maybe they feel that the LMS champinoship that McNish stated as his main desire for racing in the LMS is now un-obtainable this year. 12 points in both the drivers and team championships with just two races to go. (?)

L.P.
Old 20 May 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2207631)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

It was being discussed on RLM at the last ALMS round . They didnt say that was definatly the case , but most likely .
Old 20 May 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2207688)   #9
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So , Nishy will be doing ALMS & LMS ?

Busy little man !!!
Unless Audi is planning on doing a lot of testing, I don't think he will be that busy in Europe anymore as there are only 2 LMS races left. After Le Mans, most of the action is in ALMS.

DK
Old 20 May 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2207743)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reasons McNish would not want to race in the ALMS:
- wants to race with Dindo Capello, who may not race in the ALMS this year
- wants to be near his family as his son is growing up evermore, in Scotland

Reasons McNish would want to race in the ALMS:
- does not preclude competing in the LMS
- the LMS championship is basically out of reach now, and only 2 more races after the 24
- McNish is a fighter and a racer who loves a challenge. This year, if the LMS is a dogfight, than the ALMS is a straight-up furball.

In other words, it's a draw, so we'll have to wait for the announcement to know what Allan will do, I think. Regardless, Frankie and Emanuele have long been slated for semi-retirement, so a sea change is coming. They will, I'm sure, remain associated with Audi rather than driving elsewhere...