Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3905509)   #26
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't know if this will fit well here, and I haven't been able to find a good thread to ask about this in. But I have a technical question about the GTE cars. Since 2016, the front and rear diffusers on them have become less regulated. But I'm wondering what determines the size of them.

They're certainly not spec parts, and I know what's done up front is limited by packaging compared to LMP cars, but the rear diffusers are very different from car to car. But what determines the size and shape per the technical regs?
Old 26 May 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3906053)   #27
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seem to remember it can extend a certain distance beyond the rear bodywork. 100mm?

So a car with a long rear overhang can have a very long rear diffuser. A car like the Ford GT which was designed to the regs, more or less.
Old 31 May 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3907143)   #28
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Which Porsche do you think will be the highest finisher at Le Mans this year? This one is a tough one. Even the #94 car has a great line up with some young hotshoe drivers. Still I'll go with the #92 still I suppose. I'm probably in the minority in hoping they go with 4 identical traditional white/red/black liveries.

91 Germany Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WEC Austria Richard Lietz Italy Gianmaria Bruni France Frédéric Makowiecki

92 Germany Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WEC Denmark Michael Christensen France Kevin Estre Belgium Laurens Vanthoor

93 United States Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WTSC United Kingdom Nick Tandy France Patrick Pilet New Zealand Earl Bamber

94 United States Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR M WTSC Germany Sven Müller France Mathieu Jaminet Norway Dennis Olsen
Like #93. Feel it's the strongest driver lineup!
Old 31 May 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3907201)   #29
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not going to mistake this for anything else, are we?

https://twitter.com/pmahon55/status/...686167040?s=19
Old 31 May 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3907215)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not going to mistake this for anything else, are we?

https://twitter.com/pmahon55/status/...686167040?s=19
I really like it. I liked that livery back in the GTP days of IMSA as well.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3909506)   #31
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I do have a tech spec question. Is there some place I can find certain specs for the GTE cars, namely dimensions such as wheelbase, and front/rear overhangs?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3912542)   #32
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So.... Ford 68 and Ford 85 both disqualified!!

https://newsroom.lemans.org/en/press...urs-of-le-mans

Last edited by eps; 17 Jun 2019 at 21:53. Reason: added link
Old 18 Jun 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3912607)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
*you very much ACO for again screwing up the results after the race.

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Jun 2019 at 14:45. Reason: Family forum.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3912628)   #34
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

It's a scandal. We can say that rules are rules, but the more BoP adjustments are made, the more this kind of problem will occur.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3912630)   #35
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, the team acknowledged they got their own figures wrong and didn't leave enough safety factor on their calculated figures. ACO screwed up nothing, the team screwed up themselves.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3912639)   #36
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
No, the team acknowledged they got their own figures wrong and didn't leave enough safety factor on their calculated figures. ACO screwed up nothing, the team screwed up themselves.
I agree with this, very sour for the teams involved, but rules are rules. Team even says so themself. It's racing on the edge, very sad though.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3912695)   #37
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Don't care what "officials" I.E....The Suits says. Or if Ben K did not appeal. The #85 Ford is the real winner of GTE Am. I have declared it so.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3912697)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Don't care what "officials" I.E....The Suits says. Or if Ben K did not appeal. The #85 Ford is the real winner of GTE Am. I have declared it so.
And I've declared I won LMP1. No suits will take it away from me. Nor skirts - I don't discriminate based on gender in my fantasies.

The car wasn't legal. It sucks. We all wanted it to win. But it wasn't legal and didn't win.