Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite new paint job? Sorry could not fit the GT3 cars or #11 Panoz
One of the Audis? Which one? 0 0%
#10 Vaillante Lola 3 13.04%
#13 Courage 0 0%
#14 Dallara Judd 8 34.78%
#19 Panoz Mugen 0 0%
#26 Lola MG 8 34.78%
#29 Reynard Lehman 1 4.35%
#30 Lola MG 2 8.70%
#51 Chrysler Viper 0 0%
#52 Chrysler Viper 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 May 2002, 03:03 (Ref:279929)   #1
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre-Qual Liveries - most popular?

What's your favourite new paint job, please vote
Old 8 May 2002, 08:07 (Ref:279992)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Bentley. It's simple and just a great colour overall. I haven't seen them all yet. I've seen pictures of most, but their full glory will have to wait till June.

I like the Bentley - does that mean I have to vote for one of the Audis?
Old 8 May 2002, 08:38 (Ref:280024)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
this is no contest....the oreca.
Old 8 May 2002, 11:26 (Ref:280176)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the labre Viper in the old red and white striped Oreca livery. Brought back som happy memories! The Labre cars were faster than the Vettes and the Prodrive was fastest in class I believe so we could have a real scrap for the GTS class, if the Ferrari can stay reliable!
Old 8 May 2002, 11:43 (Ref:280205)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has to be the MG for me that thing looks spot on, can not wait to see it in the flesh in June....
Old 8 May 2002, 12:46 (Ref:280269)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mmmm...not sure - all i can hear is -

"go greased lightning burning up the quarter mile..."

i think i had those flames on my mk2 cortina in 75
Old 8 May 2002, 23:14 (Ref:280629)   #7
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Vaillante Lola in French (Racing) Blue. I love racecars in national colours.
Old 9 May 2002, 09:35 (Ref:280806)   #8
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AdamA: Woops! I didn't see any pics of the Bently at PQ on the ACO site. Has it changed?

What about that Knighthawk Lola? Looks pretty cool.

Osella: Mog? Like as in, UNIMOG?

Carsport had an all red car - looked a bit **** really.
Old 9 May 2002, 10:13 (Ref:280825)   #9
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voting on behalf of the kids, who liked the KinghtHawk MG. It's not quite as impressive in the flesh as in the pics, but they still loved it.

FG
Old 9 May 2002, 10:31 (Ref:280838)   #10
kdr
Veteran

that'll be why i didn't recognise the carsport car...looking out for the orange.

bentley is still the same.

still the oreca car for me...although the ffsa viper and the mad firework motif on the autoexe car are quite cool.
Old 10 May 2002, 13:02 (Ref:281881)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The KnightHawk colours remind me of an old TransAm... - where's Burt Reynolds when you need him?
Old 12 May 2002, 07:17 (Ref:283031)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

this one! (Spyker no 85)

Sunday, May 5th, 2002 14:50
While Spyker is far from heightening the same interest as Morgan in the GT lineup, it nonetheless peaks curiosity in the paddock at the 70th 24 Hours of Le Mans.

With its aluminum body, two orange stripes, visible rivets, and retro look, no doubt about it, Spyker attracts attention.
But the pretty little Dutch car already proved at Sebring that it wasn't just a pretty collectible, but also a force to be reckoned with, capable of giving the Porsche GT a run for their money.
It was in September 2001 that the Spyker C8 Double 12 made its first public appearance during the Frankfurt car show.
For its second public outing, Spyker headed to Florida to compete in the 12 Hours of Sebring. Considering that the team had only racked up a grand total of two laps around the track for the trials, conventional wisdom was that the results looked promising and things portended well for the rest of the race.
In fact, before a fatal exit where the aluminum GT ran into an abandoned Porsche on the track, the Spyker had been keeping the pace without encountering the slightest reliability problem.
Despite the intense heat, the BMW 4.0 liter aspirated engine, reworked by Mader in Switzerland, held up well. Victor R. Muller, Spyker CEO, was quick to state : " To the extent that we didn't have a standard approved road car, that we hadn't produced the minimum quota of 25 cars and finally that the number of racecars accounted for over 10% of total production, we were penalized as provided for in the regulations by smaller restrictors and ballast.".
Back in the US, the car also made a trip to the BMW wind tunnel before running a three day test at Salzburgring.
The Dutch team is knocking on wood, since up to now no mechanical problems have surfaced that could throw a wrench into the otherwise smooth operations. With a little chance, a real life endurance test at Jerez or Dijon should enable to fine-tune preparations.
As desired by all first time competitors in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Dutch car maker just hopes to finish the race and gain a maximum amount of experience in order to prepare its 2003 entry with two cars.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 12 May 2002 at 07:21.
Old 12 May 2002, 19:03 (Ref:283983)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the Orcea Dallara and the FFSA Viper.
Old 13 May 2002, 08:02 (Ref:284659)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
- Dallara : much better than last year
- Panoz Elan : mmm... I'll say... american ?
- Panoz Mugen :
- R&S :
- Audi Goh :
- Roc : not nice, but easy to identify
- MG : I don't like the flames on the side, but nice car
- Maranello : a red Ferrari, do you need to ask the question ?
- Courage : bleu de France, quoi de mieux ?
- Courage Pesca : not bad, too much stickers
- Leader (Panoz) : nice, remembers me 2000' race
- Bentley is Bentley
- Dome RFH : mmm...
- Dome Kondo : which one you said ?
- AutoExe : (sound is a major deception for this one)
- WR is WR
- I like the RFH red Viper
- Corvettes are Corvettes, nice yellow, funny noise
- Porsche : the mess, as last years...

Do I forgot someone ? I'll check my pictures...