Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2008, 05:54 (Ref:2271346)   #1
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife to head Holden 'green' push??

According to enews today Mark Skaife looks like being the focus of the 'green' push from Holden when V8s switch to ethanol (or is it methanol) next year, with a revised 'green' livery. Whether or not Skaife is the man to do it, I wonder if the whole green thing isnt being overdone, after all the damage to the environment by 28 cars running for an hour or two every few weeks is hardly likely to choke the world. Compare that with the pictures coming through from Beijing.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:18 (Ref:2271364)   #2
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in light of the Bracks report

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
According to enews today Mark Skaife looks like being the focus of the 'green' push from Holden when V8s switch to ethanol (or is it methanol) next year, with a revised 'green' livery. Whether or not Skaife is the man to do it, I wonder if the whole green thing isnt being overdone, after all the damage to the environment by 28 cars running for an hour or two every few weeks is hardly likely to choke the world. Compare that with the pictures coming through from Beijing.
The General is quick on their feet in view of the Claytons tariff cut being fed back to the car companies on matters green.
Bracksy didnt pen that report with V8SC in mind.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2271370)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am so sick of hearing about the environment and man made global warming, if they start pushing it down our throats everytime we try and watch motorsport now It'll be just the push I need to walk away from watching it.

Screw the Greenies and the retarded sheep of Al Gore's flock, let's get on with the racing.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2271393)   #4
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are they going to plant atree for every car at every meeting?

green as, it suits the media and feels warm and fuzzy.

Old 19 Aug 2008, 09:06 (Ref:2271410)   #5
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
I am so sick of hearing about the environment and man made global warming, if they start pushing it down our throats everytime we try and watch motorsport now It'll be just the push I need to walk away from watching it.

Screw the Greenies and the retarded sheep of Al Gore's flock, let's get on with the racing.
Exactly, did you see professor Evans interviewed on 60 minutes? The problem is this Co2/global warming has gone on for too long and duped too many prominant people, and it's human nature for peolpe to refuse to admit that they were w..wwr...wwrr....wwrroo.....wwrrooong.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2271460)   #6
V8RYAN
Racer

Australia
SANDOWN
V8RYAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
are they going to plant atree for every car at every meeting?

green as, it suits the media and feels warm and fuzzy.

i thought VESA had been doing this for the last couple of seasons, offsetting their carbon emission by planting trees for all the cars when they race, practice, qualify and test including the trucks and transporters and planes for the overseas rounds.

so nothing new then..
Old 19 Aug 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2271468)   #7
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

V8s switch to ethanol (or is it methanol) next year, .
Ethanol (E85) I believe.

Methanol is wood alcohol used for years in speedway and up until recently all IRL/CART

Mike
Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2271510)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMFG motorsport on is killing the planet, with what road cars, trucks, busses, etc put out everyday motorsport is not going to push the world into melt down, it's already doing that and ****ing motorsport off or "going green" isn't going to change a thing, i am so over the "green" "eco friendly" and the rest of the BS the tree huggers come up with. enjoy life you only live once.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 19 Aug 2008 at 12:03.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2271947)   #9
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was the Parity argument all over again, but the green isnt envy this time....

To sell cars you have to market them, or yourself, in a way that will appeal to the people with the readies to buy them.

Therefore, use all the material at your disposal, such as the "green" angle, racing etc. Nothing wrong with it at all.

There might wind up being a tie-in with the Diesel Commodore, which might be coming as early as late next year(?).
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:22 (Ref:2271964)   #10
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Bracksy didnt pen that report with V8SC in mind.
I would hope you are correct with what you say.................
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2271965)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I should let it slide, but I won't. I didn't see anything in that article about revised liveries, only that they would use the race team as an advertising platform. Might I suggest "e-news" recoloured the car just for their own bit of news selling propaganda.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2271967)   #12
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not a matter of "not caring" about the environment, its simply that there is no proof that CO2 emissions affect the climate as much as we are seeing.

Just another example of people being tricked to believe anything. People are stupid and believe what they are told to believe.

Thats fine, if it doesn't affect me. If people want to buy hybrids and pay for plastic bags thats fine. But introducing a "carbon tax" based on a fallacy is irresponsible.

Fortunately high profile motorsport just needs to plant some trees to keep some idiots happy and then we can get on with the racing! Hopefully it won't affect club racing, its already too expensive.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 06:24 (Ref:2272009)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
....and it's human nature for peolpe to refuse to admit that they were w..wwr...wwrr....wwrroo.....wwrrooong.
Reading this thread I was thinking the exect same thing.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2272080)   #14
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm a tad confused. According to 90% of the people I talk to in the paddock, say MS will not be an owner or driver for HRT next year. So why would he be used for marketing purposes? Christ, when was the last time Holden used him in any advertising? If the public don't like him, Holden are just wasting time and money.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2272083)   #15
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
I'm a tad confused. According to 90% of the people I talk to in the paddock, say MS will not be an owner or driver for HRT next year. So why would he be used for marketing purposes? Christ, when was the last time Holden used him in any advertising? If the public don't like him, Holden are just wasting time and money.

Yes bill, but think of all the trees planted, the sunshinning, nature taken back what was ripped out. Oh it feels so good.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2272151)   #16
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe 90% of the paddock are just ****ing in you pocket Bill ?

Last time I seen Skaife utilised for marketing was way back when HSV released the W427.

For what its worth my mail is that the reason Coutney is leaving Stones is that they cant match the money Holden are throwing at him. So if if Skaife is to step down I can only see it being to make way for young James. Not that "my mail' has been that spot on in the past.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2272473)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the hypothetical world...

...would a sea change as a privateer make a positive influence to Mr Skaife?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Aug 2008, 03:42 (Ref:2272491)   #18
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik
Maybe 90% of the paddock are just ****ing in you pocket Bill ?

Last time I seen Skaife utilised for marketing was way back when HSV released the W427.

For what its worth my mail is that the reason Coutney is leaving Stones is that they cant match the money Holden are throwing at him. So if if Skaife is to step down I can only see it being to make way for young James. Not that "my mail' has been that spot on in the past.
JC is already quoted as staying with the blue oval next year. Just a matter of which team.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 04:19 (Ref:2272498)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FDT with Mortons licence.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2273277)   #20
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I admire the longhaired peace loving hippy tree hugging freaks. They raise our awareness to environmental issues and by their radical actions make us change our ways for the betterment of the planet. They demand 100% we give them 10% if it was not for their awful and embarrassing street theatre complete with dress up giant pandas being flogged by mock Grim Reapers we would be stuck in the environmental dark ages.

I’m quite happy making small changes to help the planet.

But I don’t want to sit next to the unwashed hippy freaks on public transport.

It isn’t easy being green….. Kermit the Frog.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2274266)   #21
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Skaifey is doing his bit - he is driving much slower and therefore using less fuel, I suppose ...

In any case, people, do your research and stop getting sucked into the Worlds Greatest Lie ... man made climate change / global warning is the biggest pile of crock ever invented by politically motivated shysters in history.

Man generated carbon in the atmosphere amounts to less than 0.5% ... Grade 6 geography books will tell you that most of it comes from the sea ... and climate change? Cosmic rays, or in simple terms, the sun. Who would have guessed?

Get over this crap and stop swallowing all the rubbish from so-called "scientists" who (wow, surprise) are dependant on their funding from governments. And stop KRudd from destroying our economy in the name of BULLSHYTE.
Old 24 Aug 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2274572)   #22
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will people ever learn. We do NOT generate any extra CO2. It's already there, it's part of the planet, part of the ecosystem. And what's more, the temperature of this rock has much more to do with the sun, and it's internal workings, than it has to do with whatever we do.

Documented research taken from the ice cores drilled at Vostok - Antarctica - clearly show a cycle of hot & cold, and if the data is followed, we're nearing or are at the peak, and in anything around 3000 years there may be a full blown ice-age beginning, and that is preceeded by a period of super-volcanic activity (according to the dust levels found in the ice cores).

Strangely enough, before all of these peaks, there was a massive increase in the amount of motorsport, with Holden Works team at the forefront of it.
Team Spokesman, before the last peak, Terry Dactyl, stated that moving to bio-fuels, particulary Ethanol, was the only way to stop the rise in global temperatures, and save the world for the future of the Dinosaurs.

Still, that all aside, moving to Ethanol is a good one, as it removes the reliance on oil drilled/stolen from global war zones where the Yankee's have saddled up and ridden in shooting first and asking questions later.

When more of the world's population use bio-fuels, and bio-mass based products, the supply of mineral oil would be less important to the global economy.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2274849)   #23
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59
Strangely enough, before all of these peaks, there was a massive increase in the amount of motorsport, with Holden Works team at the forefront of it.

Team Spokesman, before the last peak, Terry Dactyl, stated that moving to bio-fuels, particulary Ethanol, was the only way to stop the rise in global temperatures, and save the world for the future of the Dinosaurs.
Yes I remember the last Ice Age well. Holden did well by renaming the Vauxhall Viva the HB Torana and won Bathurst by The Sea with the Finnish driver Hiki Freesenmiballsoffs, fresh from his victory at the Finnish 1,000,000 Lakes Rally.

Hiki loved the seaside circuit and the fact he could buy Ikea furniture cheaper down under than he could in Scandinavia. They say the ice bridge together with flat pack shipping made it cheaper to move inventory to Australia than running the risk of trans-Scandinavian transport. Fossil moose remains suggest the animals were the size of a V8SC and the remains of many DHL drivers together with Allen Keys found with the remains suggest the beasts were quite fond of the furniture in that part of the world.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2274855)   #24
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like you asked the question "Do you like Mark Skaife" once to a someone in a HRT jacket, and you asked yourself the same question nine times... is that where you get you 90% from ?
Old 25 Aug 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2274869)   #25
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km
Sounds like you asked the question "Do you like Mark Skaife" once to a someone in a HRT jacket, and you asked yourself the same question nine times... is that where you get you 90% from ?
Hard to find someone in a HRT jacket nowadays. If you checked out your local court house you would find a few, in between hearings.