Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Dec 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3347364)   #126
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Thanks!
Let's hope Muscle Milk races at Le Mans then, otherwise it'll look pretty thin with just Rebellion and OAK as privateers. If Dyson was smart they'd lodge an entry with their B12/60, might just get in. Surely they could sell a couple of seats to their regulars.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3347366)   #127
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^Thanks!
Let's hope Muscle Milk races at Le Mans then, otherwise it'll look pretty thin with just Rebellion and OAK as privateers. If Dyson was smart they'd lodge an entry with their B12/60, might just get in. Surely they could sell a couple of seats to their regulars.
Muscle Milk's invite is for LMP2.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3347368)   #128
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Muscle Milk's invite is for LMP2.
I just checked the release and saw that. Weird that they were granted an entry in a class which they have never competed.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3347374)   #129
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is the class they have a car for this year though... ;-)
Old 23 Dec 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3347375)   #130
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
It is the class they have a car for this year though... ;-)
Exactly, and the US invites are currently allocated by IMSA to whatever teams they want, in the classes where that team requests it.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3353514)   #131
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wow amazing news this team is looking amazing!! Hope it all goes great and we can see a two car effort with this beautiful design.
http://sportscar365.com/wec/perrinn-...-lmp1-concept/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3353523)   #132
Breinig
Rookie

Germany
Aachen, Germany
Breinig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Perrinn LMP1 !

In the end this means he didn't find a buyer for the car.

I think that's sad, firstly because they would have deserved a chance, secondly because it's another sign that LMP1 will see very few privat teams in the near future.

Last edited by Breinig; 13 Jan 2014 at 18:25.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3353526)   #133
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm 99% certain that it will not be shown off at Le Mans this year - but I am one of a number of people trying to find ways to make it happen
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3353544)   #134
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breinig View Post
In the end this means he didn't find a buyer for the car.

I think that's sad, firstly because they would have deserved a chance, secondly because it's another sign that LMP1 will see very few privat teams in the near future.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. That being said, here's hoping for a successful 2015! Interesting concept, too.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3353545)   #135
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'm intrigued by his open source approach, which to my eyes is a hugely refreshing contrast to the unseemly Panoz / Nissan squabble over the IP to the shape of a racing car.

By making it open source it means other independents can profit from however much work goes into the Perrinn and efforts won't have to go into reinventing the wheel. Competition then shifts to other areas, and if this essentially means the cost of entry in building a car comes down, because you're not having to do everything but instead just creating a derivative work from the open source Perrinn, then surely this can't be anything other than a good thing.

There was a lot to like about this project from the outset, and I think this makes it even more appealing.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3353547)   #136
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He didn't find a buyer this year.

But if you have enough fight in you, there's always a place for you in endurance racing. I'm confident of seeing the car in 2015.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3353559)   #137
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I'm 99% certain that it will not be shown off at Le Mans this year - but I am one of a number of people trying to find ways to make it happen
Are you involved with Perrinn in some way?

I really like the open source idea, I will follow it for sure! My dream is to work in motorsports when I get my university degree so it will be very interesting.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3353749)   #138
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
their idea is really interesting...

I don't understand exactly how they want to handle that, but to make such a project open would really create a lot of interest among fans, enthusiasts and also in race car engineers, in my opinion.

Their website still has only an introduction about this concept, let's see how they will carry it on.

I would be very happy to make a simulation model of their car, for example, provided they share enough data...

drracing.wordpress.com
Old 14 Jan 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3353777)   #139
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2015 gives them plenty of time to get backing, and the myTeam idea could be exactly the PR idea that someone wants to get behind. If they do everything they say it takes fan interaction to a pretty high level. I hope they succeed.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3353800)   #140
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stick a Nissan engine in the back, a NISMO sign over the door and, voila, a low budget, high profile entry to LMP1 is assured.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3353813)   #141
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And we know Ben Bowlby's affection for open-sourcing ... you may be on to something here ...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3353814)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
And we know Ben Bowlby's affection for open-sourcing ... you may be on to something here ...
Maybe - but I'd wager Bowlby probably has his hands full right now.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3353823)   #143
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sure, but with the pending court ruling regarding the ZEOditty ... Nissan could slap some stickers on the Perrin and say to the FIA/ACO, "There's the "Nissan" P1 for 2015, now send an amicus brief to Georgia and get us our Garage 56 entry."

None of this (or any other of my posts really) should be taken seriously ...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3353886)   #144
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would rather have Nissan and Perrin in P1
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3353916)   #145
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the impression they 're going after something like a refunded raceteam. Much like Ebbsfleet United footballclub did. Look here how that works: http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/how-it-works

It would leave the day-to-day dealings in the hands of Mr Perin. But on the mayor decisions we as fans and supporters can vote for i.e. the type of engine.

This might be something not done before in motorsport but it has been successful in other types of sports. Here in also lies the big problem. Are they going to get enough crowdfunding to run a team. A football is a sport with a lot of fans and sportscar racing is a lot smaller. So here in might lie a problem.

But if they do take it to this route I would certainly be interested in investing a little bit of money in such a idea.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3353919)   #146
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, anybody here knows how much money is needed (ballpark) to take this project from where it is (drawing board) to actually race in LMP1 for a year?
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3353946)   #147
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
There is something I really don't get with the idea of an "open-source" LMP1 project. It's claimed to be "open-source" but Nicolas Perrin is prompt to declare that they "have the intellectual property". Everybody could "contribute" but Perrinn Ltd would own the rights

I would love to see this LMP1 project come to fruition, but what is the "business model" exactly ?
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3353974)   #148
Maelochs
Veteran

Crowd-sourcing with the artificial incentive that the team might use one of the funders' suggestions for the livery, aero, or maybe even team tactics.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3353983)   #149
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What they should offer in the package as well, is Visit in the Pits, good food at their VIP center, and entry to a VIP box over the pit.
Then I'm close to hooked!
Old 14 Jan 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3354030)   #150
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Crowd-sourcing with the artificial incentive that the team might use one of the funders' suggestions for the livery, aero, or maybe even team tactics.
Yeah cynically I see this as perhaps the illusion of choice and transparency. Tough to say. But you have to do what you have to do, you have to be willing to try - and I wish them all the luck in the world.

Has anyone in racing tried to use Kickstarter as a means of drumming up funding or partial funding?