Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 2002, 21:37 (Ref:292973)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Abuse of the Private Message System

Following on from the recent debates about acceptable behavour can I remind all members that the same rules apply to messages sent via the PM system.

We take a dim view of any member sending abusive messages, either publicly or privately, and if necessarily we reserve the right to revoke posting rights.

Just in case anyone asks, Ten-Tenths staff are not able to read other member's private messages.
Old 23 May 2002, 11:06 (Ref:293388)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would like to add that if you receive an abusive note, please contact us.
Old 23 May 2002, 14:08 (Ref:293603)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK then,

EERO would you stop sending me those PM's! Your first suggestion is physically impossible and your second request wouldn't impress your wife
Old 23 May 2002, 16:23 (Ref:293712)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moffat, I thought your head was well stuck up "there", already and as for the second request, my wife is ready to spank you any time your're ready.
Old 23 May 2002, 17:07 (Ref:293753)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone who's expressed a desire to know what private communications pass between Admins and Moderators, the above exchange should squelch any such curiosity!
Old 23 May 2002, 17:58 (Ref:293803)   #6
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hey, i thought private messages were Private, obviously not which i find rather angering and disgraceful in one sense because as i have said, Private Messages are private and not meant to be spied upon from up high.

if i send abusive PM's its for a reason - im not fussed about the consequences at that the time i send them...of course hindsight sets in and you regret it. take all of these PM's with a little pinch of salt

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 23 May 2002, 18:14 (Ref:293843)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Juan, please re-read my last comments
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Just in case anyone asks, Ten-Tenths staff are not able to read other member's private messages.
We are NOT spying on anyone, however members can (and have) passed on messages they feel to be abusive.

To repeat what I have already said, posting personal abuse via Ten Tenths, whether on public forums, private messages or chat room is NOT acceptable.
Old 23 May 2002, 18:15 (Ref:293845)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just to clarify, admins and moderators do not have the ability to read the many hundreds of private messages sent by our members. Myself and Chris Y, as site owner and server admin respectively, have access to all data stored on the 10 Tenths domain and in our databases. That said we both have better things to be doing than sifting through your messages trying to find out what you ate for lunch last night, so you have nothing to worry about!

However, one thing we will not tolerate if it is reported to us, is the abuse of the private message system for members to send insulting or abusive messages to one another. The basic rule of thumb is this - if it's against our rules to post something on the forums then you should consider it against the rules to post it in a private message...
Old 23 May 2002, 18:31 (Ref:293871)   #9
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sorry redshoes, maybe i should re-locate my glasses

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 23 May 2002, 20:17 (Ref:293972)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bet you never thought you would have to deal with so much BS when you first got the forum going Craig. I have read a few of these threads lately and the 1st thought that come into my mind is always the same. Some of our members need to take a chill pill, turn off their puter, walk outside and GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!This is a great place, where you meet people from all over the world. But why the need to take everything so seriously ???? Or abuse someone u will never meet face to face ? Its a spineless thing to do when you think about it.
Old 23 May 2002, 22:07 (Ref:294115)   #11
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig and all the admin and moderator people do a job I could not do. Hats off to you guys for your bravery and persistence.
Old 26 May 2002, 06:38 (Ref:296355)   #12
Josh
Rookie

Josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Craig said he does not want to look through EVERY message sent.

But he will have to if people won't stop being silly.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 05:11 (Ref:312228)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i totally forgot we had a messaging system, hmmmmmm.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 08:34 (Ref:312324)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well now you know...DON'T ABUSE IT!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:07 (Ref:313005)   #15
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" LISTEN HEAR MR PMS, YOU CAN TAKE YOU ATTITUDE AND STICK IT WHERE............"

Well........................
smoeone had to
Old 14 Jun 2002, 03:41 (Ref:313257)   #16
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
" Listen here MR PMS..."
This outburst may be excused as we can see that AJ is in the throes of that "certain time of the month", I'm sure that it will pass.....
Closed Thread