Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Mar 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1247519)   #26
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
First laps for Ortelli-Gounon, on Infocourse !
According to this article "9 Mars: PrĂ©sentation Ă* la Presse, Carrousel du Louvre". That is today

I guess they will name the 3th driver and show their livery. Any news?
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1247587)   #27
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Présentation will start at 8PM. More news tonight...
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1247595)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Damn. There I was getting all excited. Are we still expecting Comas as 3rd driver?
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1247691)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Theoricaly yes, Eric Comas should (check : could) be confirmed as third driver ; but AFAIK, there's some gossips mentionning more or less seriously Franck Montagny, Stéphane Sarrazin, and even Alain Prost...

Laurent (on the spot for Infocourse) and Sander for PlanetLeMans should give some news this eve...

Check again : the debate is running amok on the french forum MotorLegend on the subject

Last edited by Fab; 9 Mar 2005 at 14:13.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1248151)   #30
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
The Présentation will start at 8PM. More news tonight...
Any news? Pictures of the livery... Name of 3th driver...
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:53 (Ref:1248171)   #31
olivierberoud
Rookie

olivierberoud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Any news? Pictures of the livery... Name of 3th driver...
It's Franck Montagny
no livery photo but just this one
http://www.galaxie-f1.com/index.php?...5&NumPanneau=1

Olivier
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1248174)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats great news ..... one hell of a line up Gounon-Ortelli-Montagny !!!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1248180)   #33
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any news on an LMES program?
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1248221)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to Olivier Beroud from Galaxie-f1.com who posted the news on TT first, when it's not online on the french forums yet !
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1248232)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, that's a surprise; I'd thought that Montagny's Renault links would keep him out of the Audi drive. Great news, though, and it's an impressive line-up.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1248233)   #36
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And we could get some very positive news regarding the LMES!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:49 (Ref:1248248)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
As I see Laurent currently logged in, I hope he'll give some more news... Laurent ? Any pics ? How's the car ?

Check : he did post news on Infocourse !!!

And JĂ©rĂ´me Mugnier (Virages) did wonderful shots, like his one :

http://jmugnier.club.fr/Audi%20Oreca/aP1010068.JPG

Last edited by Fab; 12 Mar 2005 at 06:22.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1248251)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, a photo would be nice. This could potentially be one of the more colorful R8s that we have seen.

Edit: Ok, so there it is! It certainly is stunning!

A very nice car for our French friends to cheer.

I wonder who will end up with qualifying duties for this car come June?

Last edited by jhansen; 10 Mar 2005 at 00:57.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1248254)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just a beauty (and thanks again to JĂ©rĂ´me Mugnier and Laurent Chauveau who posted pics and news so late this night - it 2am in France !)...

http://jmugnier.club.fr/Audi%20Oreca/aP1010108.JPG

Roll on for the victory ! Bring back the trophy in France ! Allez les bleus ! Ouais !!!!

Last edited by Fab; 12 Mar 2005 at 06:22.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 01:03 (Ref:1248256)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
According to Laurent (Infocourse) - but he could say it better himself - Franck Montagny had Renault agreement very late (last friday eve, before the Australian GP).

back to my pillow, see ya mates !

Last edited by Fab; 10 Mar 2005 at 01:07.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1248318)   #41
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is that this decoration is a big deception. I don't like it. The Dallaras' ones were much better, especially the 2002 one. I really feel like this decoration is "old fahioned".

The event was a big show with a lot of movie french stars. The attendance was approaching 1.000 people !
Old 10 Mar 2005, 07:34 (Ref:1248339)   #42
Fosca
Rookie

France
Strasbourg
Fosca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks nice and great driver line up. But then are they as quick as Werner Letho and Kristensen? I doubt...
Old 10 Mar 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1248495)   #43
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmed today in the french newspaper "ouest-france"
ORTELLI-GOUNON-MONTAGNY
Old 10 Mar 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1248498)   #44
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Crash.net, somewhat bizarrely, is reporting that only Gounon has driven an R8, so Ortelli and Montagny have some catching-up to do, apparently forgetting that Ortelli drove an R8 to second place at Le Mans in 2000! They report than Gounon drove an R8 at the Le Mans test day in 2001 - was this the Johansson car?
Old 10 Mar 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1248503)   #45
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
They report than Gounon drove an R8 at the Le Mans test day in 2001 - was this the Johansson car?
According to formula2.net Gounon is indeed listed as backup driver for the Johansson Audi R8R-2000.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1248778)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
My opinion is that this decoration is a big deception. I don't like it. The Dallaras' ones were much better, especially the 2002 one. I really feel like this decoration is "old fahioned".

The event was a big show with a lot of movie french stars. The attendance was approaching 1.000 people !
Any non-silver Audi gets a thumbs up from me!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1248849)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats the nicest lookin Audi since the Crocodile Dundee car .....
Old 10 Mar 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1248886)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montagny is a good addition the driver line and I love the livery on the car.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1248958)   #49
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks fantastic to me. I think it'll really be fascinating to see how this lineup competes against the established Audi works drivers.

Spa can't come soon enough!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1248981)   #50
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the livery is very classical and not so creative as the Pescarolo C60. But the crew is impressive even if the endurance experiences of the pilots are not equivalent.