Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1355474)   #51
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford seems to suffer most when Ford gets involved – and then loses interest. If Ford hadn't got interested in 1992/93 we wouldn't have ended up with Zetecs… But that's going a bit off topic!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1355649)   #52
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've moved all the bashing somewhere else, and it'll be removed from the forum when i can be arsed. let's try and keep this grown up, shall we?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1355686)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I think a lot of the female element around here are quite harsh on Mike Conway because he doesn't have the personality and looks that some of you desire!
Don't stereotype, Gaz, it's a bad habit to get into. Some women do happen to be interested in the cars and driver ability, not just the looks. I for one can distinguish between them.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1355700)   #54
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here Suze. You may not think it but I can.

But I kinda don't like these harsh words about Tim Bridgman that some of you have been saying. He's not that bad. OK maybe he's a bit over-enthusiastic sometimes (ie when he crashed into Álvaro in Thruxton, spinning at Combe), but surely most of it has to be down to bad luck?? Well that's how I see it anyway.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1355704)   #55
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bad luck or inexperience? Or lack of ability?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1355705)   #56
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps a stereotype a little but I think the majority of females (not all) that use this forum do have a good knowledge of F3 etc but have their beliefs influenced on how fit a driver is and the chances they have of getting into their pants!! Just my opinion of course but the evidence is clear if you read other threads

Back onto the subject anyway, Bridgman has been poor...only on occasions has he shown any kind of speed that would be expected of him and you can't call all the shunts he's had bad luck...the majority have been of his own doing. I think he's come in believing his own hype and has had his eyes well and truly opened this season.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1355708)   #57
Suze
Veteran

England
Gaz you've done it again. There is just a little more to life than "getting in someone's pants" as you put it. I don't think you should stereotype, but if you do I do think you should certainly start to distinguish between females who watch on tv as a "look for a fit guy" thing and females who will actually go to the race meetings and have a decent knowledge of the sport.

And I agree mainly with your points about Bridgman. However, maybe once he
he's got through a rookie year of F3 and supposing he comes back next year, he may have matured in a driving sense and may shine through more?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1355731)   #58
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz, you are price less..............................what would this forum be with out you.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1355732)   #59
Suze
Veteran

England
Priceless is true....unique and one-of-a-kind also spring to mind!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1355750)   #60
Dr Venom
Racer

he is damm good for a forum about Brit F3.........! keeps me loging on thats for sure.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1355753)   #61
Suze
Veteran

England
Back onto topic...did anything happen to Dan Clarke after race 1?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1355757)   #62
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why thank you! I am flattered to have so many "fans"!!

What I'm saying is several females who go to meetings aren't just there for the racing I have no doubts they're very knowledgable about F3, they even may like the racing but I believe their opinions etc on whos a good driver and who isn't are more based on which drivers are more willing to "play the game" if you know what I mean!

Back to Bridgman, I just havn't been impressed. He doesn't seem focused and he really is an embarassment to the Formula BMW series at the moment...the reasons I don't know but I'm sure he's much better than what we're seeing at the moment. Next season, if he can focus himself over the winter, get himself with the right team and get that vision impairment problem of his sorted then he could, could be a contender. He's certainly better than he's showing now, that I have no doubt.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1355760)   #63
Suze
Veteran

England
Ha! You wish!

Do you not realise that, imo, they way you kind of stereotype is derogatory? And how can you class one female from the other? I mean, you don't know me personally. What category would I come in to?! How can you decide how one female's opinion is "better" or more "valuable" than another?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1355761)   #64
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Back onto topic...did anything happen to Dan Clarke after race 1?
Somewhere along the line he picked up a 500 Euro fine, so I guess it would have been then.

Apologies for mentioning something vaguely on topic and based on fact...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1355763)   #65
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks foxy, that was what I was looking for. Was that all though? Doesn't seem much imo.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1355765)   #66
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MN says it was £350, doesn't mention anything else after that.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1355767)   #67
Dr Venom
Racer

good one suze...........dan clarke do we have to go there, 0 laps Race 1 (accident) 0 laps Race 2 (accident) Race 3 Q5th finished 14th a bad weekend for Mr Clarke.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1355770)   #68
Suze
Veteran

England
Please, let's not start this into a Dan Clarke bashing thread like the Mike Conway one became. We've had enough Dan bashing already this season.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1355771)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's something about Italians being unable to endorse non-Italian licences that I don't really understand, but that's the reason.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1355773)   #70
Dr Venom
Racer

after reading the above replies my info is irrelevant..........sorry
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1355774)   #71
Suze
Veteran

England
Is it similar in other countries as well, such as France or Germany? (in the sense of being unable to endorse licenses).
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1355780)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yes, I believe so.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1355781)   #73
Suze
Veteran

England
and here?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1355782)   #74
Dr Venom
Racer

rusty fingers.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1355785)   #75
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Some drivers from other countries have strange (or cool) credit card type licences that can't be endorsed in the UK.