Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Aug 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3285094)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ALMS Round 6: Road America

It is time for the ALMS (and Grand Am) cars to head to my favorite track in America. Wouldn't it be cool if both series ran together this weekend? Ah but we will have to wait 6 more months for that. Anyways, ALMS practice begins on Friday 9 August, and qualifying starts at 9:40am local track time on Saturday 10 August. The race is only a standard 2:45 this year, so it will be even more frantic than usual. There will be a ridiculous amount of sportscars on track for this event with GrandAm, Continental series, ALMS, plus IMSA lites and GT3! Whoever is lucky enough to be there in person will have a great time.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video (for Qualifying) Race is on ABC

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

Fantasy Racing
Old 2 Aug 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3285121)   #2
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am waiting to see whether Risi replaces Matteo Malucelli starting at RA or Baltimore, as he is on the WEC entry list for Sao Paolo to drive the 8-Star Ferrari. There are are two remaining WEC rounds which clash with ALMS; Sao Paolo (Baltimore) and Fuji (Petit Le Mans) and then there is the double-header with WEC/ALMS at CoTA. The question is who will likely replace him, if at all?
Old 2 Aug 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3285124)   #3
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there marshaling on Friday, spectating Saturday/Sunday, Really looking forward to it.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Aug 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3285135)   #4
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sad thing is that the Grand-Am brass are going to see the crowds at Road America and think they've done something right. I was really hoping that the ALMS race would be on Saturday.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3285148)   #5
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The sad thing is that the Grand-Am brass are going to see the crowds at Road America and think they've done something right. I was really hoping that the ALMS race would be on Saturday.
They do that even when nobody shows up.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3285160)   #6
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The place is sold out...it's going to be an insane weekend. But I agree with the comments on attendance.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3285161)   #7
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Wouldn't make any difference. I would have stayed no matter which way the schedule fell. Road America will see its biggest crowd in over twenty years.

Proof that people demand the DP product.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3285162)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
This should be a fun one. It's a real shame I can't go down there this year (I think this would've been my 5th year). It's an amazing track, and the golf carts make it easier to spectate!

Also, the people there are the nicest you'll ever meet.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3285165)   #9
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeballin View Post
Wouldn't make any difference. I would have stayed no matter which way the schedule fell. Road America will see its biggest crowd in over twenty years.

Proof that people demand the DP product.
Hahahahah....i'm sure thats the case
Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3285174)   #10
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I so would have loved to be there....

But a couple of friends will be there. If you see two guys covered in Radio scanner equipment in the Corvette tent named Brian & Brian, tell em StarkNaked said HI!!!!

P.S. Ask them how many radios they own!!!!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3285214)   #11
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The place is sold out...it's going to be an insane weekend.
Last chance for a lot of us in the Midwest to see the ALMS. I'm guessing that's the reason for high attendance. I'm going to be there for the full four days (that's the plan, anyway!), and I'm really looking forward to it.
Awesome cars, pretty girls and a really cool track: It doesn't get any better than that!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3285220)   #12
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Last chance for a lot of us in the Midwest to see the ALMS. I'm guessing that's the reason for high attendance. I'm going to be there for the full four days (that's the plan, anyway!), and I'm really looking forward to it.
Awesome cars, pretty girls and a really cool track: It doesn't get any better than that!
Massively envious. Had thought about using my soon to expire United miles to do a trip out for Road America and sadly didn't get round to sorting things.

Sating things a little by streaming the 2002 race - which serves to reinforce what a great track it is, fingers crossed it's on the 2014 schedule, and the right entry list shows up to give us something worth watching.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3285226)   #13
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Great the hear! I'll be arriving around 6pm on Thursday and staying all weekend in Turn 8.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3285239)   #14
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping to be able to do both Saturday and Sunday, but my wife needs to be back for a really early start to the work week on Monday.

So, we are doing Saturday only. Still, should be a great day. IMSA Lites, GT3 Cup, ALMS Qualifying, 2.5 hour Continental race and 2.75 hr Rolex race. What a great day. Well worth $70.00.

I love both ALMS and Grand-Am a lot. I know I am in the minority big time, but I don't care. I have said all along that both series are great in their own right, and I have always supported both. I try to get to at least one race per year, usually two.

Can't wait for next Saturday.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 03:17 (Ref:3285255)   #15
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This will be my second year attending.
I can't wait!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3285266)   #16
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man it's going to be an awesome weekend with grand am and alms, I wish I could be there.i agree grand am will skew the attendance in their way, I can already hear what Calvin fish and dorcy shrader are going to say and not even mention alms.the case for sure there will be more people there to see MM's hpd over all those dp's
Old 3 Aug 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3285269)   #17
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
This will be my second year attending.
I can't wait!
This is my 8th year, but judging from the camping sell-out, it will similar to the 2007-2008 years. Hell I was in the AMA overflow camping area about a mile from the track during those years!

It will be a good weekend with all the support series (and I include Grand-Am as a support series).
Old 3 Aug 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3285414)   #18
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
It will be a good weekend with all the support series (and I include Grand-Am as a support series).
Yeah, between the ALMS race and all of the support races there's going to be cars on track almost constantly!

Anyone know how the paddock area will be organized? I can't seem to find any info on it.

Some new stuff this year.
Campsite contest:
http://roadamerica.com/userfiles//Aw...st_ALMS_GA.pdf
Fan Forum:
http://roadamerica.com/userfiles//AL...leB%282%29.pdf
Also, slight regulation change for PC and GTC:
http://www.imsaracing.net/2013/alms/...IN%2013-18.pdf
Old 3 Aug 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3285417)   #19
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
I just emailed Road America asking that exact question (paddock setup), however I will post to the thread Thursday evening with an update if teams don't beat me to it.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3285418)   #20
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I just emailed Road America asking that exact question (paddock setup), however I will post to the thread Thursday evening with an update if teams don't beat me to it.
ALMS is going to be in the main Paddock, GA will be in the West, and North Paddock, Conti, and everyone else down the hill to 14, overflow into the south paddock as needed.

Long story short, it's going to be jam-packed. I wish I could be there to see the load-in on Wednesday.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3285419)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
ALMS.com has the 2002-06 races up on their TV page:
http://www.alms.com/alms-tv/episode/...race-broadcast

Strange to see a bridge in Bill Mitchell Bend in the 02 race. My first race was last year's and there was almost no trace of the bridge left!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3285429)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Wow I'm feeling envious now that this sorry lot is heading down there.

JK have a great time everyone! I'll be watching from my home here in 110+ degree Dallas... shame I couldn't make it up here. I guess my trip to Le Mans stole all my money away...
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3285439)   #23
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
ALMS.com has the 2002-06 races up on their TV page:
http://www.alms.com/alms-tv/episode/...race-broadcast

Strange to see a bridge in Bill Mitchell Bend in the 02 race. My first race was last year's and there was almost no trace of the bridge left!
There has been no trace for years. It was one of the worst choices the ****** known as Bruggenthies has ever made. Having been a person who used RA as my summer camp, and have been going there since, '86...there have been many changes. Some good, some bad, others really bad...this was one of the really bad ones.

There was no reason to remove it completely. I think the should have modified it, widened it, and pushed the walls back. But removing it entirely, ruined some of the nostalgia...

It's a really sore subject for me...I can't stand the guy, and he's made some really, really bad choices for that place.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3285441)   #24
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
If there's one thing Turn 13 is known for, it's making things disappear.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3285477)   #25
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
There has been no trace for years. It was one of the worst choices the ****** known as Bruggenthies has ever made. Having been a person who used RA as my summer camp, and have been going there since, '86...there have been many changes. Some good, some bad, others really bad...this was one of the really bad ones.

There was no reason to remove it completely. I think the should have modified it, widened it, and pushed the walls back. But removing it entirely, ruined some of the nostalgia...

It's a really sore subject for me...I can't stand the guy, and he's made some really, really bad choices for that place.
I think Memo Gidley's crash in 01 really scared them