Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2009, 03:42 (Ref:2574632)   #1
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[NZV809/10]New Zealand v8's

The Championship starts this weekend I have heard there maybe a late Aussie entry into the series

This is the list I have for the weekend, with the driver I mentioned above to be added, The series will have same day coverage on TV3 in NZ not sure if it is shown to you Aussies but I'm sure other posters will have more info.

An interesting not Mark Petch has left the Series as an owner and is now leading the Management Group.

So I'm sure he can answer most questions as we had a few interesting rule developments for future cost savings

# Driver
1 Kayne Scott
3 Craig Baird
4 Simon Richards
5 Dave Stewart
6 Angus Fogg
007 Nick Ross
12 Darryn Henderson
15 Paul Manuell
20 Haydn Mackenzie
21 Alan McCarrison
22 John Penny
23 Andy Booth
25 Dale Williams
26 Tim Edgell
33 David Hopper
36 Matt Lockwood
47 John McIntyre
52 John Hepburn
55 Christina Orr
57 Clark Proctor
69 Eddie Bell
70 Andrew Anderson
89 John Whelan
97 Andy Knight
Old 3 Nov 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2574655)   #2
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
The Championship starts this weekend I have heard there maybe a late Aussie entry into the series

This is the list I have for the weekend, with the driver I mentioned above to be added, The series will have same day coverage on TV3 in NZ not sure if it is shown to you Aussies but I'm sure other posters will have more info.

An interesting not Mark Petch has left the Series as an owner and is now leading the Management Group.

So I'm sure he can answer most questions as we had a few interesting rule developments for future cost savings

# Driver
1 Kayne Scott
3 Craig Baird
4 Simon Richards
5 Dave Stewart
6 Angus Fogg
007 Nick Ross
12 Darryn Henderson
15 Paul Manuell
20 Haydn Mackenzie
21 Alan McCarrison
22 John Penny
23 Andy Booth
25 Dale Williams
26 Tim Edgell
33 David Hopper
36 Matt Lockwood
47 John McIntyre
52 John Hepburn
55 Christina Orr
57 Clark Proctor
69 Eddie Bell
70 Andrew Anderson
89 John Whelan
97 Andy Knight
Hi FD,
thanks for flying the flag for our little series, here in the "shaky Isles"

I am happy to add, that David Besnard, will be driving SCG's Ford Falcon, for at least the first two rounds of the championship.

I am still hope full that we will also see a late entry from Adam Brook, for the opening round this weekend.

Still 25 confirmed entries for New Zealand's Premier motor racing, is still an excellent result, considering the economic climate over here.

This year all the NZV8 races, are effectively being shown live for the very firs time, so onward and upward.

Cheers,

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2574666)   #3
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be a cracker series--go the Holdens
Old 3 Nov 2009, 06:30 (Ref:2574672)   #4
flyingduck
Veteran

The Holdens have some good developments on their engines for the year so they should be pushing to be back at the front of the pack.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2574689)   #5
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't the holdens effectively running ford engines to address the parity issue?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2574700)   #6
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
Aren't the holdens effectively running ford engines to address the parity issue?
Hi Silencer,
this season, the Holdens have the option of running the full NZV8 spec Ford engine, the OEM. steel block VN based engine, or an optional alloy engine block [with 2x11kg's of lead bolted to the front chassis rail's, along side the engine]

However despite being allowed to run the Ford engine, no Holden competitor has elected to do so. Four Holden competitors have re-blocked their VN based engine's, with the Alloy block version of the same.

Next season, all NZV8 competitor's will have to use the Ford based control engine.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 09:48 (Ref:2574773)   #7
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any TV for Australia?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2574784)   #8
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Any TV for Australia?

Only by our good mate TJ at Endurance Motorsport
Old 3 Nov 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2574803)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Only by our good mate TJ at Endurance Motorsport
PM me the link please.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 Nov 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2576412)   #10
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Silencer,
this season, the Holdens have the option of running the full NZV8 spec Ford engine, the OEM. steel block VN based engine, or an optional alloy engine block [with 2x11kg's of lead bolted to the front chassis rail's, along side the engine]

However despite being allowed to run the Ford engine, no Holden competitor has elected to do so. Four Holden competitors have re-blocked their VN based engine's, with the Alloy block version of the same.

Next season, all NZV8 competitor's will have to use the Ford based control engine.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
im no expert on v8's and i dont know all the details but if holden are going to have to use ford motors then doesnt it pretty much deem it a one make series?
yes its only the engine but rivalry is big between holden and ford is it not? gives ford a slight psychological advantage maybe...
i cant imagine the holden fans are too happy about it!
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2576558)   #11
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
im no expert on v8's and i dont know all the details but if holden are going to have to use ford motors then doesnt it pretty much deem it a one make series?
yes its only the engine but rivalry is big between holden and ford is it not? gives ford a slight psychological advantage maybe...
i cant imagine the holden fans are too happy about it!
Hi Rocky,
My apologies, I should have used the words Ford style architecture, IE. cylinder arrangement, with front mounted distributor etc.

However, I can tell you that there is no Ford, or GM parts in our new “NZV8 spec” engine, it’s unique to us. The engine block is Darts heavy duty “Iron Eagle” a far superior part to the current Ford engine block used in Australian Supercars.

We may not run a distributor, in order to further remove the so called tell tale signature between a classic Ford and GM small block, however we are still working through that issue.

I am less concerned than some members of my engine committee about running a distributer [the lowest cost solution] as both GM and Toyota’s current NASCAR engines, have also adopted Ford style architecture, IE. have the distributer in the front.

Our main aim is to dramatically lower the engine cost’s, both upfront and service, as well as provide a level playing field. We anticipate, depending on the US$/NZ$ cross rate, that we will be able to sell our Teams a complete “drop it in the hole” turn key, pucker race engine for A$20,000 plus GST.

We have 25 cars on the grid this weekend, and we want to see that number grow, to 28 cars next year, to do that we have to cut costs, with out sacrificing the racing.

Mark Petch.
CEO. VEEGA.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2577906)   #12
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Rocky,
However, I can tell you that there is no Ford, or GM parts in our new “NZV8 spec” engine, it’s unique to us. The engine block is Darts heavy duty “Iron Eagle” a far superior part to the current Ford engine block used in Australian Supercars.

Our main aim is to dramatically lower the engine cost’s, both upfront and service, as well as provide a level playing field. We anticipate, depending on the US$/NZ$ cross rate, that we will be able to sell our Teams a complete “drop it in the hole” turn key, pucker race engine for A$20,000 plus GST.
Sounds great. Definately sounds like the COF should be looking at something similar in the Ozzie V8s, lower costs and no parity kerfuffle etc.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2575939)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why can't Cocho take a leaf out of Mr Petch's book, get on here and listen/respond to the fans?

Well done Mark
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2576684)   #14
flyingduck
Veteran

If you are looking for Timing info over the weekend you can find it at http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=491382 not live but updated after each race/qualifying so it will be up to date as per natsoft.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2577403)   #15
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Petch.
CEO. VEEGA.
Hi Mark

All sounds very interesting & I would love to find out more, what is the best website to find out more about NZV8's & Veega ?

Cheers & all the best for the weekend, I'll be watching on mylaps & looking forward to better TV coverage in the near future. Shame our Channel One (Ten HD sport channel) doesnt look at it, we get all sorts of other international racing like British Touring Cars, Grandam, German Touring cars etc, etc, etc & yet nothing on our closest neighbours best touring car category despite having a number of Aussies contesting the championship !!!
Old 8 Nov 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2578049)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Pukekohe still throws up the most exciting racing of any track in NZ.....IMHO...
Old 8 Nov 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2578456)   #17
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great racing... shame about the commentary team. i'm sure i've seen Eddie Bell race a couple years back in a Green Commodore.. even though Shaun "Steven Richards isn't a kiwi even though he was born in NZ" Summerfield seem to think this was only his 2nd season in NZV8's

Big congrats to Eddie Bell and his team! awesome job this weekend!
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2578491)   #18
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
great racing... shame about the commentary team. i'm sure i've seen Eddie Bell race a couple years back in a Green Commodore.. even though Shaun "Steven Richards isn't a kiwi even though he was born in NZ" Summerfield seem to think this was only his 2nd season in NZV8's

Big congrats to Eddie Bell and his team! awesome job this weekend!

The Green car Bell had a stint in was Bartercard car (Ted Jarvis)
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2578459)   #19
mildura1963
Racer

Australia
Ex Mildura now in Hamilton NZ
mildura1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will the NZV8's update to VE & FG's?
Old 9 Nov 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2578622)   #20
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildura1963 View Post
When will the NZV8's update to VE & FG's?
Hi,
Under their skins, our NZV8 cars, are actually based on very old models, the oldest being the Holden Commodore, which dates back to the VT shell, and the Falcon the original AU shell.

We will not and can not afford to adopt the Australian Chassis approach, so until we sign off on the control chassis [for 2011/12] we have only be able to make the Commodore resemble the front of a VE [next year a VE rear] plus a FG look kit, for the Falcon next season.

The new control chassis will be designed to take all manner of bodies, including a Toyota Camry.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2578627)   #21
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi,
Under their skins, our NZV8 cars, are actually based on very old models, the oldest being the Holden Commodore, which dates back to the VT shell, and the Falcon the original AU shell.

We will not and can not afford to adopt the Australian Chassis approach, so until we sign off on the control chassis [for 2011/12] we have only be able to make the Commodore resemble the front of a VE [next year a VE rear] plus a FG look kit, for the Falcon next season.

The new control chassis will be designed to take all manner of bodies, including a Toyota Camry.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
Don't rush to do a FG kit Mark, the VE kit looks bloody awful.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2579665)   #22
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Don't rush to do a FG kit Mark, the VE kit looks bloody awful.
BlueBlood,
it might interest you to know that AV8, the 3 car Holden team that implemented the new VE look have, have reverted to the VZ look for the rest of the season.

AV8 believe that the 3% larger frontal area is hurting their straight line speed, and thus negating the true performance enhancements of the various engine freedoms we gave the Holden's this season.

As Pukekohe is probably the only track in the country were most cars are on the rev limiter [in top gear] on the main straight away, Its hard to see that this sudden about face, will pay dividends.

However, it is the Teams sole right to decide if any such options our regulations provide, suit them, on an individual basis.

Mark Petch.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2583227)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
AV8 believe that the 3% larger frontal area is hurting their straight line speed, and thus negating the true performance enhancements of the various engine freedoms we gave the Holden's this season.
Similar to V8 Supercars where a VZ should theoretically be quicker than a VE.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2578698)   #24
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.
NASCAR NZ style
Old 9 Nov 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2578709)   #25
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
NASCAR NZ style

NAC,
let me assure you, our new control chassis will be nothing remotely like a NASCAR chassis.

Whilst we have yet to sign off on the prototype, the concept we are working on, is a radical departure from the current Australian Supercar chassis, however up close it will still look like a four door family saloon to the public. IE have opening doors, bonnet, boot, a floor-pan, transmission tunnel, inner guards etc.

However the front suspension will be pure race car, with out compromise, but the car will still use a live rear axle.

It will also weigh a lot less than the the 1450 kg's of both the current NZV8 and Australian Supercar. We estimate the new car will be approximately 3 seconds a lap quicker around, say Pukekohe.

I am not going to give the game away but it will be quite something when we do go public with it, probably at the NZ Speed show, next September.

Mark Petch.
VEEGA.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 9 Nov 2009 at 07:35.