Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3248725)   #101
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clearly a logical deal all around. It was sure to happen and it did.
Old 17 May 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3248755)   #102
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
If the Castrol sponsorship for Honda extends to F1, I want to see an F1 car with the Castrol livery.
That would be pretty cool, I remember when I was a kid I always loved the Castrol Honda's in World Superbikes:

And then obviously their Super GT cars are pretty cool looking too!

Old 17 May 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3248767)   #103
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Toyota Racing-Honda
In AMA Supercross, Joe Gibbs runs the Toyota sponsored Yamaha's
Old 17 May 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3248889)   #104
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Fiat had their logos plastered all over Yamaha's MotoGP bikes.
Old 17 May 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3248892)   #105
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
That would be pretty cool, I remember when I was a kid I always loved the Castrol Honda's in World Superbikes:

And then obviously their Super GT cars are pretty cool looking too!

Those are cool liveries. I always quite liked the Castrol livery on the AAR Eagles and Reynards and they used Toyota engines.

Old 17 May 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3248897)   #106
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but neither FIAT nor Toyota have a bike line of products. And while Yamaha at one time was an engine supplier in F1, they do not sell cars (at least not to my knowledge). So it is marketingwise not an issue to have the sponsorship on a bike.

A Toyota-Honda on the other hand is a total no go.
Old 17 May 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3248921)   #107
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Yes, but neither FIAT nor Toyota have a bike line of products. And while Yamaha at one time was an engine supplier in F1, they do not sell cars (at least not to my knowledge). So it is marketingwise not an issue to have the sponsorship on a bike.

A Toyota-Honda on the other hand is a total no go.

Thanks for posting before I do it myself. Exactly the above !
Old 17 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3249081)   #108
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW-Sauber Ferrari?!
Old 17 May 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3249152)   #109
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will we have another retro team in 2015, possibly 2014?
A Williams-Honda perhaps?

And rumour suggests McLaren will lose the silver on their cars next year.
Old 18 May 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3249161)   #110
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Thanks for posting before I do it myself. Exactly the above !
I was just throwing that out there as another example of a motor vehicle manufacturer sponsoring another motor vehicle manufacturer. The keen eyed among us might also be forgiven for thinking that the Ferrari F1 car is also a Fiat F1 car, but that's obviously not the case.

Old 18 May 2013, 02:00 (Ref:3249178)   #111
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh really ??
Old 18 May 2013, 02:43 (Ref:3249184)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While if you believe the boys & girls at Autosport... Here, McLaren may not be the only Honda-powered team in 2015....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 May 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3249240)   #113
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'm also wondering if Honda will enter this year with one of the 'lower order' teams to gain experience like they did with Spirit before the full Williams Honda effort...
Old 18 May 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3249349)   #114
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Oh really ??
You'd be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
While if you believe the boys & girls at Autosport... Here, McLaren may not be the only Honda-powered team in 2015....

I think that it's very possible that McLaren will not be the only team to have Honda engines in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm also wondering if Honda will enter this year with one of the 'lower order' teams to gain experience like they did with Spirit before the full Williams Honda effort...
Probably not, but they may stick something in the back of a WEC car, now and again.

Honda currently have a single turbo V6 engine in Indycar, so perhaps some useful info from that.
Old 21 May 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3251191)   #115
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An interesting article from Autosport, on how McLaren see their future with Honda.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107558
Old 21 May 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3251316)   #116
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
An interesting article from Autosport, on how McLaren see their future with Honda.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107558
I certainly was in the right !
Old 22 May 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3251518)   #117
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren's Brand.

Was just thinking, this deal really redefines McLarens brand, more average worker than Director of the business which you work at. will be interesting to see what associate sponsors / partners they will achieve through this partnership.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3319309)   #118
321Go
Veteran

Mugen music plays!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431h2...ature=youtu.be

Old 18 Oct 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3319634)   #119
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Their engine sounds good to me... I am very excited that they are back in the game...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3321404)   #120
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Mugen got to do with it?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3347430)   #121
321Go
Veteran

And it begins... the usual whinging by Ferrari.
Stefano Domenicali says Honda has an advantage.

"We could not enforce Honda to freeze its engine as it is not yet registered in the world of F1 and, above all, an attitude of "closure" would alienate any other manufacturers who might be interested.

"We realise that the Japanese will be able to enjoy a great advantage, being able to adapt its engine as a function of the problems that will be recorded during of the season, but we have not been able to do anything."

Domenicali says Ferrari "could not enforce" Honda to freeze development of the engine by 28th Feb 2014. Does that mean Ferrari tried to stop Honda but failed? Or is just a case of wrong wording and he should have maybe said "cannot enforce"?
Would not surprise me one bit if Ferrari actually tried to force Honda to stop development after February next year, but was told no by the FIA.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3347466)   #122
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The engine freeze is in two months?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:13 (Ref:3347477)   #123
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ferrari PR machine is just amazing. I mean, for the last month, every other day there was something from Luca di Montezemolo being published on all news sites, now from Domenicali. Ferrari may be finishing 2nd or 3rd in constructor standings, but they sure generate the noise worthy champions.

The whining about Honda is completely unfair. Any idiot would predict that in 2015, Honda's absence from 2014 season will be a handicap, not an advantage, since the engines will not be race tested. Yes, Honda will be able to record and study the problems of the 2014 season engine failures, but it's not like other manufacturers won't be doing the same.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3347480)   #124
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
The engine freeze is in two months?
Yes. Have a read of the 2014 F1 Sporting Regulations , page 46, Appendix 4, power unit homologation.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3347484)   #125
321Go
Veteran

Off topic, but reading Appendix 7, Red Bull Racing's entry fee for the 2014 season is $US 3'633'724!
Compared to the entry fee for the 2012 season, which was US $397'899. Bit of a difference.
Although, the entry fee for this year were pretty similar to next year, so the teams are not complaining as much this year.