Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 16 Sep 2011, 02:28 (Ref:2956192)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 14 - Moto GP 2011, Aragon

Well, the Moto GP circus is in the middle of nowhere, err Aragon.

Big news? Rossi will use an aluminum adapted GP11.1 and...

It seems just about everyone is now going to Japan.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2956379)   #2
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meanwhile we had a tech issue at the track meaning everything is behind for FP2 time wise.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2956406)   #3
skells22
Veteran

another power cut before the Motgp guys come out to play for the 2nd time today. cue delay 2 which has no ETA for a start time

Last edited by skells22; 16 Sep 2011 at 13:41.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2956429)   #4
skells22
Veteran

we now have to wait for tommorow as yet another power cut meant the FP2 is canned for today. Cue a few angry fans at the track i think.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2956435)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
we now have to wait for tommorow as yet another power cut meant the FP2 is canned for today. Cue a few angry fans at the track i think.
Seriously! That wouldn't sit well with me.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2956447)   #6
skells22
Veteran

time table just be said about for saturday and as both MotoGP and Moto2 loss time because of the power cut we have as follow 125cc start at 8.45am which is the only one that will be normal on the time side of things, motogp will now have a 1 hour 15 minute practise at 9.35am and same goes for Moto2 as that starts at 11.00am to 12.15 pm
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2957548)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Faubels do or die for 2nd at the end of the 125s resulted in a face full of gravel. Had to go for it though.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2958131)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Utter garbage, paint drying rot.

Time to watch something else I think. Managed to condense a GP to this.

Watch the start, 5 seconds, Stoner leads, FFW to end, Stoner wins and hardly any positions change from grid otehr than the usual soft lap freaks who qualify well.

Thanks Honda for making the best championship in the world into the worst example of so called sport I have ever seen.

Goodnight
Old 19 Sep 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2958137)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
at least 15 laps of Moto2 were really good ...

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2958139)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
It hasn't been great spectacle, that's for sure. Even this race it was hard to watch Stoner's maistro, given the horid sight of his one-off Repsol paint job. The top two or three guys are running so hard it is very hard for them to run together, much less pass each other. But down the order, the guys running more inconsistent lap times can actually fight it out a bit. Unfortunately, that doesn't make for great theatre. And it certainly isn't what made this series so great in the past.
Old 19 Sep 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2958168)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
but can the 1000 save us ?? :-S

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2958175)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
but can the 1000 save us ?? :-S
I dont' think so, not unless we go back to pre-genius electronics.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 05:36 (Ref:2958324)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moto 2 wasnt alright at all! You are sitting there watching 10 blokes try and beat up Marques, he sits there for a few laps, lets them do it, then just runs away with it.

He has such a huge speed advantage and is honestly playing with the field, it's actually rather embarrassing to watch I find, and it makes me feel sad for bike racing.

Same as Terol in 125, ASPAR is team racing and allowing Terol to get away from Faubel, why dies he need this? His bike is miles faster anyway, such a poor thing to do.

GP, Stoner just gets a poor start, is better on colder tyres, nips through on the Honda lane and race over after a few laps, Pedrosa isnt quick enough and the non Honda's cant make their tyres last. How fascinating and thoroughlly impressive Honda, thanks for the unentertainment! It's like watching Doohan in the late ninties! But at least he was sliding, and the camera's left him to it!
Old 20 Sep 2011, 07:44 (Ref:2958347)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was at Goodwood and recorded it (or so I thought) as I set it wrong, I'm glad I did !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Sep 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2958386)   #15
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
at least 15 laps of Moto2 were really good ...
I agree with you. Yes, Marquez was always going to run away with it when he got to the front but the pack racing was good while it lasted.

Surely Kalex couldn't have thrown in the towel already? Aren't they supposed to be these Bavarian tech genius' or is that all commentator stereotyping nonsense? They've gotta find something and quickly or the Swiss Suter steamroller will crash them to bits.

Whatever happened to Moriwaki...
Old 22 Sep 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2959392)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Thanks Honda for making the best championship in the world into the worst example of so called sport I have ever seen
Don't blame Honda for doing the best job... Blame the others for not being able to keep up with them.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2959402)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It's not a case of blaming them, but in all honesty they are the only ones taking 2011 massively seriously.

Let's look back a minute and see who won the majority of championships when Yamaha and Ducati were taking it more seriously!

Honda have spent years having good but not the best riders on their bike, thats a big difference, but they have developed this bike far more than Yamaha. Suzuki are sknit and Ducati couldnt make a good bike out of that thing if they tried!

That was not the case a few years ago with Kawasaki and people like Roberts and Aprilia all making half decent bikes. in 2011 the best bike by far is a Honda, no question, kinda of like Ferrari when Schuey was driving for them, no contest really
Old 22 Sep 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2959711)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It's not a case of blaming them, but in all honesty they are the only ones taking 2011 massively seriously.
Kudos to Honda then... They deserve their success - and the others deserve their lack of it...

Are you saying that Honda should deliberately try less hard for the good of the sport?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2959728)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Haha, you guys crack me up

All I am saying is that for me read that again, for me! Honda have bough this championship.

All that time when Rossi was winning on a Yam, especially in the early years 2004-6 Honda had a far better biie, but kept sticking with chumps liek Gibernau and Biaggi instead of trying to find someone new. They did in the end with Hayden, and then treated him like an outcast while he was trying to win them a title as Puig and Repsol forced him out and Pedrosa in.

Dani has proved to be wafer thin despite having numerousn things done for him in a bike built around him and Bridgestone bought in.

Suppo got the final piece, Stoner, and he was bought in to win.

I have no problem with them winning, but with the advantage they have over the field for me it taints the series, I have turned off mroe GP races (pretty much every single one) than I have ever before.

If you want to watch a guy making everyone look stupid fair enough, for me sport should at least be watchable. MotoGP at the moment is the poorest show on earth in motorsport terms.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2959981)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I think Honda had the most to lose by not winning an 800 title, so they opted to go full tilt for the championship this year. I can't blame them for that. They deserve it full stop. But I agree with chunder, the series has lots its luster. While I appreciate the talent it takes to ride these bikes at the pace they are being pushed at, the spectacle is just not what it used to be. We've basically got F1 now, which is a shame. Before that, well it was special indeed.