Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Dec 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3340062)   #1
BowzaKupa
Rookie

BowzaKupa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Veggie UK rally licence

I would like to get the MSA stage rally national B licence and am currently undertaking advanced driver training with RoSPA, I understand no driving tuition is inclusive with the rally licence test so should I do the ARDS national B course first or a rally school day or will the RoSPA training and MSA starter pack suffice
Old 4 Dec 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3340064)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
For rallying its a BARS test rather than an ARDS test (I think the MSA starter packs are different too so make sure you get the right one). Make sure if you're after tuition you go to a proper rally school rather than doing a general 'rally day' experience - they aren't much good for actually teaching you anything. Somewhere like the Bill Gwynne rallyschool would be able to provide tuition and the BARS test as a package.

Do you have a car yet? If so what? If not - what are you planning on using? Gravel or Tarmac? Lots of questions
Old 4 Dec 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3340217)   #3
BowzaKupa
Rookie

BowzaKupa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Bill Gwynne does look good value.
No car ready yet, primary requirements are low running costs, ease of maintenance, and challenging yet rewarding drive. Secondary requirements would be ability to enter a range of events and to use the car as a daily drive.
Gravel, mud, and snow will be the main use.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3340370)   #4
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends where you are in the country? I believe Brands Hatch in Kent runs a BARS scheme,with a number of different packages to suit various needs.