Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Mar 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3217983)   #101
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm, yes, didn't copy and paste very well. It came from the Silverstone site.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3218018)   #102
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
One suspects the ELMS guys will, rather more than usually, need their headlights...
Old 13 Mar 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3218054)   #103
ExiledHighlander
Rookie

ExiledHighlander should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The timetable (on fiawec.com) suggests that qualifying is the same 20 min format as last year.

I thought it had changed to an hour long session and two drivers had to post 2 times and the average would set the grid.

Has this been done away with?
Old 13 Mar 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3218095)   #104
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Our Hotel is in Milton Keynes .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
M1 rather than M40 then.
Are you going to the Hotel and then the circuit, on the Friday, or straight to the circuit? If you're going to the Hotel first, then M1, if the circuit M40. Actually you could just go M1... as that will save some distance and time, but the M1 is notoriously terrible. Then again the M25 around by Staines and Heathrow, etc... is also typically quite bad..!

ETA : The other thing to try and check is the traffic, although it should be "okay" at that time on a Friday... If the gantries are displaying long delays one way or the other, then go the other way!! If both, try and choose the least severe sounding direction..

What day are you returning on and what time?
Old 14 Mar 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3218123)   #105
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The M1 has improved in the last months, the roadworks between Luton and Milton Keynes are finishing.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3218338)   #106
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Plan is to make the Check in and after that to the Circuit . We will go back on Monday morning . Ferry at 11am .
Old 14 Mar 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3218345)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Plan is to make the Check in and after that to the Circuit . We will go back on Monday morning . Ferry at 11am .
take care the M25 will be very busy on Monday morning as will the dartford bridge suggest you leave very early
Old 14 Mar 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3218599)   #108
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
take care the M25 will be very busy on Monday morning as will the dartford bridge suggest you leave very early
At that time of the morning not sure if it's worth doing M11 / Blackwall Tunnel / A2 - certainly once you're south of the Thames at that sort of time you'll flow very quickly on that route, whereas the M25 South of the Dartford Bridge can be pretty sticky.

All depends on what approach to Blackwall going South looks like - not direction I go in at that time I'm afraid.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3218915)   #109
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just about to book the tickets and noticed you can buy program's at a reduced price. Are they actually any good for the WEC or will it be as awful as the one I bought a Spa last year for the F1?
Old 15 Mar 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3219014)   #110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit I gave up buying them a couple of years ago.....
Old 15 Mar 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3219018)   #111
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I gave up buying them a couple of years ago.....
Right ok. Think I'll just print a car guide out then thanks.
Old 15 Mar 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3219108)   #112
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am planning to make my spotters guide - if nyone wants it - free gratis
Old 16 Mar 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3219467)   #113
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Just about to book the tickets and noticed you can buy program's at a reduced price. Are they actually any good for the WEC or will it be as awful as the one I bought a Spa last year for the F1?
Reduced price? I got mine on the website for a fiver, which is the price they are normally sold for.

I like getting a program, I treat them like souvenirs, so I've no problem with paying £5 for one, particularly since support race entry lists are often not widely available. They're probably more useful to a first-time visitor to a sportscar race meeting than anything else, I admit.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3219559)   #114
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always buy one. Even if I don't look at it and it goes straight into a drawer or box somewhere it doesn't bother me. They really come into their own years down the line I think.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3219616)   #115
crooky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Reduced price? I got mine on the website for a fiver, which is the price they are normally sold for.

I like getting a program, I treat them like souvenirs, so I've no problem with paying £5 for one, particularly since support race entry lists are often not widely available. They're probably more useful to a first-time visitor to a sportscar race meeting than anything else, I admit.
I've misread the site I thought they'd be £10 at the track but it says nothing of the sort. Might get one if its warm enough to go to the ELMS race I guess.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3225249)   #116
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I am going to MIA for this one. My wife had a fall just over 2 weeks ago and now has a badly broken arm so I am needed at home to look after both her and our 8 month old daughter.

I am gutted to be missing this one, but I will be watching on Tele....all being well.....
Old 26 Mar 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3225255)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's bad luck - for both of you Rob. I hope your better half is on the mend soon. Still, all those extra nappies to deal with - you lucky chap!
Old 26 Mar 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3225265)   #118
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That certainly sounds like a warmer option.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3225271)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That certainly sounds like a warmer option.
Hmmm, yes. I think my thermals will be making the trip if it doesn't start warming up soon......
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3225601)   #120
crooky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm, yes. I think my thermals will be making the trip if it doesn't start warming up soon......
Shame there's no option to stay in your car like Brands. I have actually done it at Silverstone but it was during an F2 race with probably far less attendance.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3227870)   #121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK looks like we will be going Saturday and Sunday now can anyone tell me the price of weekend ticket on the day, compared to the £35 on line price, or does anyone have spare tickets to sell
Old 2 Apr 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3227905)   #122
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!!You dont get the weekend ticket on the day on Saturday!!!

Weekend ticket you get online and maybe on Friday, I had the same issue last year
Old 4 Apr 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3229171)   #123
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going, just got the w/e tickets in the post. Just hope it doesn't snow.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3229486)   #124
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Shame there's no option to stay in your car like Brands....
Really? I specifically asked if I could drive in and around to shelter from the cold and I was told that 'car parking' was included in my weekend ticket.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 23:26 (Ref:3229748)   #125
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Thanks to Ten-Tenths and Nissan, I will be releasing a ELMS and WEC Spotter Guide next week (Tues or Wed). All 25 cars, have a couple of uncertainties the ELMS one at the moment, but have pretty much everything else.

The Guides will be on www.spotterguides.com Thanks to Nissan and in particular, DailySportscar, RadioLeMans.com and of course Ten-Tenths.