Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Jun 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3914715)   #251
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, now I’m totally confused! That disguised ecosport looks the same size as the Puma, but on reading further the size chart from smallest will be Ecosport, Puma, Kuga, Edge.....

All totally irrelevant to me, fortunately!
Old 29 Jun 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3914791)   #252
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As they test a lot of new models in the area down here I saw a BMW with tank taped on cardboard parts of bodywork to disguise it. Good job it doesn't rain too often at this time of year
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jul 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3915515)   #253
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Are you sure the new Ecosport will be different from the Puma?
Old 2 Jul 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3915518)   #254
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Are you sure the new Ecosport will be different from the Puma?
Most of the UK motoring press list it as sitting between the Ecosport and Kuga. Ford UK list it as a separate model alongside the Ecosport.

Stewart Rowley of Ford Europe is quoted 'The new Puma joins Ford’s expanding line-up of SUV and SUV-inspired crossover models in Europe, including the Fiesta Active, Focus Active, EcoSport, Kuga, Edge, and the all-new Explorer Plug-In Hybrid.'
Old 3 Jul 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3915643)   #255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
According to Autocar today, Ford will be replacing the Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy with one car- a ‘high riding estate’ (big crossover?)..... This will be marketed in N America as well as Europe. The mag is making a comparison with the Subaru Outback, but no mention on whether the Ford would offer 4WD.

Interestingly, their line up of the 2021 Ford range in Europe doesn’t mention the Ecosprout, but that could just be an error on their part! It does suggest the Explorer could be imported, along with an EV.....
Old 3 Jul 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3915648)   #256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
According to Autocar today, Ford will be replacing the Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy with one car- a ‘high riding estate’ (big crossover?)..... This will be marketed in N America as well as Europe. The mag is making a comparison with the Subaru Outback, but no mention on whether the Ford would offer 4WD.

Interestingly, their line up of the 2021 Ford range in Europe doesn’t mention the Ecosprout, but that could just be an error on their part! It does suggest the Explorer could be imported, along with an EV.....
Lawrence Allan, Autocar - 12 March 2019:
'New images show Ford's Fiesta-based small SUV, which will replace the Ecosport in the firm’s range [...] The as-yet-unnamed model, which could retain the Ecosport nameplate or take on a new identity more closely aligned to the Fiesta, will serve as a replacement for the ageing Ecosport as the smallest model in Ford’s SUV range.'

Lawrence Allan, Autocar - 3 April 2019:
'Ford will return the Puma name to its range this year, [...]The sportier, more style-oriented sibling to the Ford Ecosport [...] also built on a Fiesta platform.
At first the new model was believed to be a replacement for the Ecosport, but we now know it will sit alongside that car as an alternative led on style and driver appeal.'

Lawrence Allan, Autocar - 27 June 2019:
'Ford’s roll-out of its redesigned European business plan will result in a radical overhaul of its large car range, as the brand confirms three new model nameplates for the region in the next five years. [...] continues to grow its utility vehicle portfolio [...]The new models, which are in addition to the new Kuga family SUV, Puma small crossover and not-for-UK Explorer'

Old 3 Jul 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3915658)   #257
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Journalists- what do they know.....?

If they don’t, they speculate
Old 3 Jul 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3915754)   #258
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Journalists- what do they know.....?

If they don’t, they speculate
Also it appears Ford don't want my business anytime soon
Old 4 Jul 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3915804)   #259
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Also it appears Ford don't want my business anytime soon
It all started to go downhill after the Mk2, Bert......
Old 4 Jul 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3915824)   #260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2020 Renault Captur:

'The new car is bigger, gaining 110mm in length, 20mm additional width and a slight height increase to make it more practical. Boot space stands at 536 litres, an increase of 81 litres over the current Captur.'

Old 6 Jul 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3916179)   #261
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ford will be replacing the Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy with one car- a ‘high riding estate’ (big crossover?).....

The mag is making a comparison with the Subaru Outback
Maybe like the Fiat Croma? Honda Crosstek?
Old 6 Jul 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3916184)   #262
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The taillights of the Captur II look very similar and almost as ugly as the C3 II.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3919337)   #263
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi Q3 Sportback

4.50 m long
4-cylinder engines

Old 26 Jul 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3919409)   #264
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
BMW iNext

'It sits lower to the ground and has a more streamlined shape than its size equivalent, the X5, which is conveniently parked above the iNext prototype on the trailer. The less upright design will improve aerodynamic properties, allowing it to a achieve an EV range tipped to be up to 400 miles in top variants.'

Old 26 Jul 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3919411)   #265
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Audi Q5
'Due to arrive next year, the facelifted BMW X3 and Volvo XC60 rival will receive a number of exterior styling revisions, including a reprofiled front end with a new grille and standard-fit LED headlights. Tweaks to the rear are likely to include a new LED tail-light design and additional chrome trim.'

Old 30 Jul 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3920354)   #266
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Volkswagen ID Crozz

'The Kia e-Niro rival has yet to receive its official production name. The expectation is it will follow its sibling with a numerical name.
Two versions of the ID Crozz will be offered: a coupé-SUV in the vein of the original concept and this straight SUV model with a more conventional roofline and tailgate design.
The ID Crozz concept is 4625mm long, 1891mm wide and 1609mm high, putting it in between the five-seat Tiguan and seven-seat Tiguan Allspace in terms of dimensions. It will have a wheelbase of 2773mm.
The MEB-based ID Crozz is powered by the same zero-emissions driveline used by the original concept, featuring two electric motors – one mounted within the front axle, and one at the rear - powered by an 83kWh lithium ion battery housed within the floor structure. The front electric motor sends its 101bhp and 103lb ft to the front wheels. The rear unit delivers 201bhp and 228lb ft to the rear wheels, giving the car a combined output of 302bhp and 332lb ft of torque.'

Old 1 Aug 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3920640)   #267
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Human Horizons Hi Phi 1

'The HiPhi 1 concept is the first car the firm has revealed. Technical development has been led by Mark Stanton, who formerly worked for both Ford and Jaguar Land Rover.
Human Horizons says the lack of a combustion engine has allowed the front bulkhead to be pushed much further forward than in a conventional car, with the 5.2-metre overall length – similar to that of a long wheelbase Range Rover – allowing huge interior space.
Stanton, who leads a team of around 400 engineers, said both rear and four-wheel-drive versions will be offered, the latter with a pair of 268bhp motors and a 0-62mph time of around 3.9sec. Differently sized battery packs will also be offered, with the biggest 96kWh unit giving a range of up to 400 miles with the rear-drive powertrain under the NEDC testing protocol.'

Old 28 Aug 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3924471)   #268
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Seat Taracco PHEV

'The petrol-electric SUV will be the first launched by any of the Volkswagen Group’s non-premium brands. That includes the Volkswagen brand itself, which revealed a Tiguan GTE back in 2016 that never made production.

The Tarraco PHEV makes use of a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine, putting out 148bhp. It’s mated to a 113bhp electric motor and 13kWh lithium ion battery pack. The total system output is quoted at 242bhp and 295lb ft. It's a similar powertrain to that in the Volkswagen Passat GTE, albeit with a chunk more power, meaning it becomes the most powerful Taracco in the range.

The powertrain is sufficient to enable a top speed of 135mph and a 0-62mph time of 7.4sec for the five and seven-seat SUV.'

Old 28 Aug 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3924473)   #269
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Another darn plug in hybrid to take up charging points all day while the company car driver is at work......

I guess it’s more about manufacturers meeting the average emissions targets being imposed on them than anything else.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3924516)   #270
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Another darn plug in hybrid to take up charging points all day while the company car driver is at work......
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is the company car of choice for many here - but don't worry, most of them still have the charging cables safely tucked away in their original packaging. There are no charging points at the offices and you'd have to pay yourself if you charged it at home - why do that when you can use petrol paid for by the company?

Quote:
I guess it’s more about manufacturers meeting the average emissions targets being imposed on them than anything else.
Yep - and tax breaks for company car drivers - even if they never use the 'plug in' capability (see above reference about cables in packaging).

So effectively people are being encouraged to drive around in oversized cars and lug around battery packs they don't use.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3924526)   #271
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You’re absolutely right, I even had a tenther ‘confess’ that he had a 330E company car and no charger at home.... Just drove it like a normal car.

There’s a newly refurbed council car park in Norwich centre that has 6 chargers, free to car park users. I often walk past and look to see what cars are charging, and usually it will be up to 4 PHEVs and 1 or 2 EVs. The former are the same ones every time I look- 330E, Mini Countryman x 2 and Outlander, and there all day....

I believe the UK BIK advantage has been reduced considerably, and emphasis being put onto EVs, which will incur zero percent for next tax year. Plus the government purchase grant on PHEVs has been removed. And yet more and more manufacturers are announcing plug-ins......
Old 29 Aug 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3924601)   #272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Porsche Macan Turbo

'Sitting above the mid-range Macan S, the Turbo [has] significantly more power: 434bhp, to be precise, which is nearly ten percent more than the pre-facelift Macan Turbo.

The power boost comes courtesy of a new 2.9-litre twin-turbo V6. replacing the old 3.6-litre unit. It’s the same engine found in the latest Cayenne and Panamera, with developments such as turbochargers mounted inside the ‘V’ of the cylinders and an integrated exhaust manifold. Both permit sharper turbo and throttle response, according to Porsche, along with improved efficiency.'

Old 29 Aug 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3924643)   #273
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Now there's a car that doesn't need to exist.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3924651)   #274
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Now there's a car that doesn't need to exist.
I guess there'll be a backlog of orders then!
Old 2 Sep 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3925355)   #275
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Alfa Romeo Tonale

'The Tonale, which will compete in one of the market’s hottest segments, was only born as a concept last November, appearing at the Geneva show in March. The real thing will share a platform with the Jeep Renegade, both vehicles to offer a plug-in hybrid option. It’s not yet clear whether this is an all-new platform or a modification of the existing one'