Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4083721)   #26
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA Historic Formula 3 European Cup should be 16-17 of July.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4083731)   #27
Simon Davey
Rookie

Simon Davey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French Historic Championship - Further Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Davey View Post
Spa was on the cards for this season, but didn't happen. Personally I would very much like a run there in 2022. It's my favourite race track by some margin. I know that French FF1600s have previously run there in the Summer Classic with Roadbook so it could be a possibility.

This season I originally thought the French Historic Grand Prix at Paul Ricard was not scheduled to be part of the Historic FF1600 Championship, but it ended up in the points table...
The French FF1600 Historic web site (aka Action Racing) now is making it clear that neither the Pau or the Paul Ricard events are part of either the Historic FF1600 Championship or the wider Historic Tour.

The Kent/Zetec web site does not show the Pau event in its calendar, but does list the Paul Ricard Event. It continues also to list a potential Spa event, undated. The site doesn't comment on whether the listed events are all part of the championship.

My guess is that the Historic FF1600s have got a grid at Pau, in whatever program has been assembled outside the Historic Tour, but there won't be space on the grid for the Kent/Zetec cars, whereas at Paul Ricard both groups will fit onto one enormous grid as they did this year. Hence the Zetecs/Kents are trying for a Spa slot at the Summer Classic.

Makes for an interesting set of Euro-racing opportunities for us elderly FF1600 racers (I'm not sure if I refer to cars or people, or in my case - both)
Old 18 Nov 2021, 22:49 (Ref:4084273)   #28
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2022 edition of the Thruxton Historic meeting will take place over the weekend of June 11th & 12th. At the moment the HRDC have been confirmed.

Near neighbours Castle Combe have brought forward their Autumn Classic meeting from it's traditional first weekend in October date to September 24th, firstly to avoid a clash with Spa and secondly to, hopefully, avoid the diabolical weather which has plagued four out of the last five meetings.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4084337)   #29
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2022 Colmore Youngtimer Touring Car Challenge:

Magny Cours Historic 25-27 March
Bosch Hockenheim Historic 6-8 May
Brands Hatch Masters 27-29 May
SPA Summer Classic 24-26 June
RGB Saisonfinale Nurburgring 30 Sept / 1-2 October
Finale Races Assen 28-30 October

Details at:

https://www.ytcc.nl/
Old 19 Nov 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4084423)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you intend to race at Magny this year, entering via the YTCC grid is interesting, three races of 30' each.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4084425)   #31
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
2022 Colmore Youngtimer Touring Car Challenge:

Magny Cours Historic 25-27 March
Bosch Hockenheim Historic 6-8 May
Brands Hatch Masters 27-29 May
SPA Summer Classic 24-26 June
RGB Saisonfinale Nurburgring 30 Sept / 1-2 October
Finale Races Assen 28-30 October

Details at:

https://www.ytcc.nl/
Pleased they are coming back to Brands. Big varied grids of wonderful cars. A highlight of the best weekend in the year
Old 24 Nov 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4085343)   #32
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestingly the BRSCC are not coming to Mallory in 2022.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 03:54 (Ref:4085384)   #33
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the USA, SVRA is the place to race....

https://svra.com/events/
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2
Old 25 Nov 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4085422)   #34
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernie is rejuvenating his V8s & has a good calendar:
Attached Thumbnails
C731A65D-F53B-4A44-BE8C-3186A8B7C894.jpeg  
Old 25 Nov 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4085426)   #35
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is a “historic outlaw” and I wonder why Bernie has switched away from 750mc?
Old 25 Nov 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4085428)   #36
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
What is a “historic outlaw”?
Very heavily modified stock cars, to the point sometimes of being basically a silhouette. In this case I assume most are likely to be US muscle cars. Think CSCC Modsports for American V8s.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4085429)   #37
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Very heavily modified stock cars, to the point sometimes of being basically a silhouette. In this case I assume most are likely to be US muscle cars. Think CSCC Modsports for American V8s.
So are we talking about NASCAR/ ASCAR / Eurocar V8 type cars?
Old 25 Nov 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4085433)   #38
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So are we talking about NASCAR/ ASCAR / Eurocar V8 type cars?
I think it's aimed more at the cars that used to race in the Anglo American Challenge that have nowhere else to race, although the NASCAR / ASCAR / Eurocar V8 type cars will also be eligible if they comply with the spirit of the series.
Old 27 Nov 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4085601)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems official now, the french Mazda championship aka Roadster Pro Cup will go to Francorchamps during the Spa Summer Classic, 24/26 June. Probably not a dedicated grid but more likely merged with YTCC Colmore friends. We expect c 34 RPC competitors running the Toboggan des Ardennes.
Terence, will you be there? Need your help to find the perfect apex…
Old 27 Nov 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4085607)   #40
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Seems official now, the french Mazda championship aka Roadster Pro Cup will go to Francorchamps during the Spa Summer Classic, 24/26 June. Probably not a dedicated grid but more likely merged with YTCC Colmore friends. We expect c 34 RPC competitors running the Toboggan des Ardennes.
Terence, will you be there? Need your help to find the perfect apex…
CSCC will be there that weekend with several grids. Doubt I will be there sadly, I don’t like racing the Caterham mixed in with “heavy metal”.
Old 27 Nov 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4085658)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Andy, words are missing to tell you how much I understand. He who never tried to overtake a GT3 under heavy rain while driving a Caterham doesnt know what "to have a moment" means!

We have few infos ATM, but if this is a one hour race (in fact may be 65') we should be allowed to have a co-driver. If you're interested in, let me know and have a talk! PS: my race seat is fixed but I remember you're tall too.
Old 28 Nov 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4085733)   #42
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Andy, words are missing to tell you how much I understand. He who never tried to overtake a GT3 under heavy rain while driving a Caterham doesnt know what "to have a moment" means!

We have few infos ATM, but if this is a one hour race (in fact may be 65') we should be allowed to have a co-driver. If you're interested in, let me know and have a talk! PS: my race seat is fixed but I remember you're tall too.
Hi Gerard, that is a very kind offer but I think you maybe be massively disappointed with my lack of pace lol!
Old 28 Nov 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4085740)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, I'm not a works driver either… The best I did this season is 5th/35 entrants. Seems the gap is around 2 seconds per lap at Charade compared to the very best. Not the world to sawllow, everything will be improved on the car, mainly brakes and lsd, less the engine. If my memory serves Spa is not that hard on the car but demanding on the driver.
Old 28 Nov 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4085770)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
CSCC will be there that weekend with several grids. Doubt I will be there sadly, I don’t like racing the Caterham mixed in with “heavy metal”.

It's mutual, Andy - on the odd occasions when we got Caterhams mixed in with Future Classics - years ago when I was in the 944 Turbo - it was unnerving to have them appear from nowhere on "impossible" cornering lines....had to adjust the mirrors down to ensure we could see them appear
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4085849)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A Caterham is faster than it appears in the mirror, Richard! May be they should fit an aerial with a small flag on it?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4085854)   #46
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
It's mutual, Andy - on the odd occasions when we got Caterhams mixed in with Future Classics - years ago when I was in the 944 Turbo - it was unnerving to have them appear from nowhere on "impossible" cornering lines....had to adjust the mirrors down to ensure we could see them appear

This is exactly the reason why, during an open test session at Brands on a Saturday afternoon back in the mid 60s, a future F1 WDC who was testing an F2, told me off for parking in such an effing stupid place.

I had been pottering around, minding my own business whilst running in my newly built engine and testing one or two other things, and driving along the pits' straight I checked in my mirrors to make sure I was free to take the racing line into Paddock and saw nothing.

To my surprise after beginning to drive up the rise to Druids tight on the left hand side of the track, I could hear what sounded like a screaming engine to my left and out popped in front of me, having had to take to the grass, was said F2.

I was mortified about what had just happened and extremely sorry about what I had done, but his words were actually said with a smile and a twinkle in his eyes and we had a really long chat in the paddock after the end of the session. And remained on good terms for many years to come.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4085859)   #47
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I remember my first time out in my (now gone) ex works Toyota at Silverstone - I entered the Open race for the first time and it was chucking it down, proper biblical conditions. I had qualified ok but was overtaken by a ball of spray (several Caterhams) 3/4 down the Wellington straight, and as I braked for the left hander at the end of the straight, a Caterham appeared out of the ball of spray, having spun, and I had a brown trouser moment as I took avoiding action. I voluntarily retired from the race next time round, deciding it was too dangerous to continue. If I had T-boned the Caterham, the consequences don’t bear thinking about.
Old 30 Nov 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4086029)   #48
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Bernie is rejuvenating his V8s & has a good calendar:
I am seeing separate FB feeds for a “sports racing and V8s” series, which I assume is the 750mc series renamed; does this mean that Bernie has split away with a separate, new, series?
Old 30 Nov 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4086041)   #49
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See Group C is back at Donington for the Historic Festival courtesy of DH Rofgo.

Great to see a race in the UK after some time.
Old 30 Nov 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4086073)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
See Group C is back at Donington for the Historic Festival courtesy of DH Rofgo.

Great to see a race in the UK after some time.
That will be good, hopefully they can get a decent grid again.