Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Apr 2000, 22:31 (Ref:14304)   #26
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't go due to a misunderstanding with my goldfish.
He seemed to think I was taking him for a swim down the canal on Sunday.
I'll try to spot you all on the telly.
Old 7 Apr 2000, 23:04 (Ref:14305)   #27
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning on being there both days! So I hope I wil finally meet up with you all! kentagon, 10am Sunday it is!
Old 8 Apr 2000, 09:21 (Ref:14306)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Don't worry about it Dave - we'll not miss you...

As well as Lee arriving late, I just got an email from Maisie saying that she, Chris and her friend will be late too. I suggest that we return to the Kentagon for fresh supplies, and to meet up with the stragglers immediately after the Clio race (which starts at 11am, and runs for 11 laps...)

So, we have Rik, Invader, Maisie, Chris, Lee, Lorna, Woody, and perhaps Tim and Mackperson too. Blimey. I don't think we should be buying rounds for that little lot...!

Does everyone know what we look like ? And have you got my mobile number in case you can't find us ? If not, drop me a line.

See ya there
Old 8 Apr 2000, 09:39 (Ref:14307)   #29
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I don't know what anyone looks like, but you will not fail to miss me
I am the lanky one wearing yellow and using a walking stick
Oh, and probally looking over my shoulder very afraid at finally getting to a btcc race and not having a clue what to expect
Old 8 Apr 2000, 18:33 (Ref:14308)   #30
RIKB
Veteran

I have no idea what any of you look like!

Just look out for a short fat guy with lopsided glasses (I Broke em!) and a Ford Mondeo racing hat!
Old 8 Apr 2000, 18:54 (Ref:14309)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
http://tentenths.com/images/misc/gang/
Old 9 Apr 2000, 06:44 (Ref:14310)   #32
RIKB
Veteran

Phew! what a rogues gallery!!
Old 9 Apr 2000, 17:42 (Ref:14311)   #33
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drat! And double Drat!

Anyone travelling the M11 southbound near North Weald this morning may have seen a small silver Vauxhall Corsa on the hard shoulder with the bonnet up.

By the time the nice man with the yellow van had confirmed my analysis that the engine management chip was out to lunch, the Thoroughbred GPs had run their race.

With the car running - hesitantly - I decided to cut my losses and go 'ome! Hope everyone else had a fabulous day. I'll try to meet up later in the year.

Anyone want a 1998 Vauxhall Corsa, small kick-shaped footprint in the paintwork?

Didn't think so...
Old 9 Apr 2000, 19:19 (Ref:14312)   #34
RIKB
Veteran

Well I was held up en route and arrived too late for the 10am rendezvouz! I saw the TGP thanks to it being re started, then returned to the Kentagon after the seriously shortened Clio race (4 laps!! I ask you!!!)

Sadly I didn't recognise anyone, and no one regognised me from my unflattering but none the less accurate description.

Sorry to have missed you guys, we'll have to do better next time eh?
Old 9 Apr 2000, 21:31 (Ref:14313)   #35
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sorry to miss you both - the organisation was a bit of a balls up, i'm afraid - looks like we need Carrie to organise things again!

I did see Maisie and Chris at one point, and it was good to meet Lee. Of course I saw Invader, and also saw Woody, Lorna and Nigel. (though the last two seemed to disappear into the woods together fot much of the day...! )

Favourite race ? TGP, followed by Fiestas. A good day - if only they can sort out the touring cars, it will truly be a great card...
Old 10 Apr 2000, 13:01 (Ref:14314)   #36
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of you came to my awning

where were you?????????

did any of you meet maxi jass from Faithless who was driving fiestas
Old 10 Apr 2000, 14:45 (Ref:14315)   #37
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a really good day!
Cheers Craig for getting me the ticket, and also for the lift back to the train. Did you find the main road again?
It was good to see the likes of Vincent Apple "racing" in the flesh!!
Havent had time to see the taped tv coverage, I wonder if we were on the tv?? ??
It was good to meet some fellow ten-tenths people, I will definatly be trying to get to some more meetings, unless I am politly asked not to
Old 10 Apr 2000, 15:29 (Ref:14316)   #38
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts on the day include:

1) the following items would be a welcome addition to the GP Loop - commentary, toilets for those not prepared to nip off into the trees and food 'cos it is too far to walk back to the Indy circuit.

2) was the crowd smaller than last year? - I think so, although the GP track made it hard to tell.

3) why didn't the TGP blokes leave the cars round in the paddock for us to have a good look at. When I looked in a few Williams were lying about but most teams were getting the stuff straight in the van and nipping off.

4) the ST races weren't great but thanks to James Thompson for your spin it was worth the admission money alone.

5) why was the radio commentary so ****, it wasn't the usual Radio TOCA was it?

6) Dingle Dell corner is lovely.

The big plus point is I do think the works teams and drivers are evenly matched (except Honda?) so it should be less of a one or two horse race than past years.

The support bill looks good as well it's just the main event that needs a kick in the bits to get it going.

Fan of the day: 8 year old "dad why are they called Touring Cars?". Father "cos they tour tracks in the UK racing."

Old 10 Apr 2000, 15:51 (Ref:14317)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig Antill:
Sorry to miss you both - the organisation was a bit of a balls up, i'm afraid - looks like we need Carrie to organise things again!

I did see Maisie and Chris at one point, and it was good to meet Lee. Of course I saw Invader, and also saw Woody, Lorna and Nigel. (though the last two seemed to disappear into the woods together fot much of the day...! )

Favourite race ? TGP, followed by Fiestas. A good day - if only they can sort out the touring cars, it will truly be a great card...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S'funny. I thought Fatbloke was going to be there. Didn't you bump into him as well?

Old 10 Apr 2000, 18:01 (Ref:14318)   #40
RIKB
Veteran

I enjoyed the weekend a lot, as I went for both days.

The Touring car race definatley needs spicing up a bit though!

And as usual Brands Hatch couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery! But they certainly knew how to charge!
Old 10 Apr 2000, 18:35 (Ref:14319)   #41
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig Antill:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did disapper into the woods with Nigel - it was not for most of the day. At least I disappeared into the woods with someone of the opposite sex unlike you
Old 11 Apr 2000, 00:53 (Ref:14320)   #42
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Agree with most comments - organisation could've been better, especially with regards to radio commentary or at least PA around the GP loop - the main reason we stayed at Druids to watch most of the races rather than going to Dingle Dell - that and being bloody frozen - plus Chris getting in a strop after being frozen stiff and having one of his contact lenses blow away in a sudden gust

Nice to see Graham Holmes & Vincent Apple in action again! We did pass your awning Mackmot, but were afraid to barge in And we were following your truck towards the motorway for some distance (in case you were wondering who the lunatic in the white Cavalier was!) What happened to your driver? One minute he was doing quite well, the next he just pulled off after Druids? Do tell.

Hope to actually get to meet up with more people at Donington.
Old 15 Apr 2000, 13:20 (Ref:14321)   #43
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorna:
At least I disappeared into the woods with someone of the opposite sex unlike you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you would know this, how ?

Mr Macperson, we did call your name when we passed your team wheeling the car down the paddock, but we were ignored, so we presumed you were not in the group Come across to Redgate Lodge next time out, huh ?
Old 15 Apr 2000, 20:43 (Ref:14322)   #44
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
BTW, does anyone have a spare program from Brands which they wouldn't mind sending this way ? I never got to buying one when I was there, but would mind a read
Old 15 Apr 2000, 21:32 (Ref:14323)   #45
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's program did you have in the Kentagon then Craig?
Old 15 Apr 2000, 22:56 (Ref:14324)   #46
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine you two timing trollop.

Oh and I've just mailed it to Reynolds.