Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Oct 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3160200)   #51
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
lots of red! makes me wonder why we have linked them to Black so much (yes the JD link)

also most of the major news websites are carrying an article on it
Now that is one sexy looking beast!
Old 30 Oct 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3160230)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great looking car!
Old 30 Oct 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3160232)   #53
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Rock Clone??

The Altima looks awesome, and the paint job reminds me ever so subtly of DJR's First Rock and V8 Telecoms designs from 2006 . . . looks amazing
Old 30 Oct 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3160238)   #54
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Do we call it a Merc or an Erebus?
Neither, it's a COtF.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3160281)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasjames671 View Post
The Altima looks awesome, and the paint job reminds me ever so subtly of DJR's First Rock and V8 Telecoms designs from 2006 . . . looks amazing
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Oct 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3160283)   #56
Devastated Fan
Rookie

Devastated Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
will they be using the VF next year? its not even been sold to the public yet, I saw one picture of it from a NASCAR site (mostly covered) but if you got an imagination or really really good eyes you can sort of see wat it will look like.

just saw a mock up of the Nissan and read that JD will still be a sponsor for KR, it definatly doesnt look anywhere near a Holden commodore, as for the people saying that COTF is just a way of gettin further away from stock, so are all the other big Motor racing series, V8SC are just playin Catchup
Believe the VF will be released in Feb/March next year & the VF was to start the year off at the Clipsal
Old 30 Oct 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3160342)   #57
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastated Fan View Post
the VF was to start the year off at the Clipsal
correct. They are planning on testing the VF aero secretly so that the shape is not revealed until Holden want it revealed, or Clipsal, whichever comes 1st.

Anyone live near Woomera?
Old 30 Oct 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3160368)   #58
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to give credit to the Kelly boys for the decision to move to another brand. The fact it has cost so much for them to build the first car is a huge task for a team with little development equipment and knowledge. I guess when you have a lot of the staff come from Perkins Motorsport it helps.

With the Team extending their premises in which it will double in size from next year and building four cars and also providing materials to rival teams it’s a great effort.

Now let’s hope this car can produce results for them. A great looking car.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3160443)   #59
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks GTR had my colours around the wrong way . . . but hey, haven't these two young blokes, their team, and family, done a rippa job . . . full credit to them
Old 31 Oct 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3160459)   #60
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
God I hope its a bit more successful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
correct. They are planning on testing the VF aero secretly so that the shape is not revealed until Holden want it revealed, or Clipsal, whichever comes 1st.
They have apparently tested in secret at Lang Lang...
Old 31 Oct 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3160468)   #61
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I thought the rules only allowed testing on approved days at designated tracks.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3160469)   #62
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Hence "apparently" I can't establish the veracity of the statement.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 06:35 (Ref:3160480)   #63
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Hence "apparently" I can't establish the veracity of the statement.
Well, who apparently told you?
Old 31 Oct 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3160483)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Only if the car has been registered with V8SC, by one of their teams, runs on the control tyre with control ECU etc. Prior to all that happening, they can fill their boots.

Ford for example built a car, tested it themselves at their proving ground before presenting it to V8SC a few years ago. They didn't have the control rubber or ECU but it let them get the thing about where they wanted it. It was the same car that was then shown to the public at Bathurst that year. FG I think from memory.

May well be that each manufacturer has been given dispensation to do some limited COTF running with a V8SC observer present prior to presenting the car for evaluation. The rules allow for that approach as well.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3160485)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Only if the car has been registered with V8SC, by one of their teams, runs on the control tyre with control ECU etc. Prior to all that happening, they can fill their boots.

Ford for example built a car, tested it themselves at their proving ground before presenting it to V8SC a few years ago. They didn't have the control rubber or ECU but it let them get the thing about where they wanted it. It was the same car that was then shown to the public at Bathurst that year. FG I think from memory.

May well be that each manufacturer has been given dispensation to do some limited COTF running with a V8SC observer present prior to presenting the car for evaluation. The rules allow for that approach as well.
OK, thanks for that.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3160587)   #66
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From news on the COTF no one can keep the transaxle cool enough, so no doubt there will be heaps of testing done by everyone to try to rectify this major problem.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3160593)   #67
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, there has been already.

Every team that has rolled a COTF chassis onto a track has been asked by V8SC to undertake testing, and come up with ideas on how to stop the transaxle from melting.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3160718)   #68
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Peckstar, you obviously have me confused with someone else as i never made any comment regarding Nissan never going to happen, in fact if you go through all of the relevant threads you will find that i have had very little to say on the COTF at all.
Feel free to find the my posts that you are talking about and i will await the apology ???
If stalking is looking through other sections of ten tenths like many do, then i must be a stalker ????
No, no, no. Following someone like an angry mother goose is stalking.

No offense meant.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3160738)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I could see why you thought that, the colour is a very Orangey Red in these pics

In Auto Action it was much more normal red. (much less orange)
Old 31 Oct 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3160809)   #70
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

WP01 was fanged around Lang Lang plenty of times also, remember the uproar?

The Ford you talk of was FG01
Old 1 Nov 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3160944)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nissan V8 Supercar too slippery?

Quote:
Standard Altima door skins, bonnet, boot and roof have been used. Changes are limited to elongated front and "slightly flared" rear guards, Kelly said.

But observers are already noting the slippery Nissan may potentially have an unassailable aerodynamic advantage over the incumbent Supercars. Not only is the Nissan windshield rake steeper but overall frontal area is reduced.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3160985)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post

Anyone live near Woomera?
Quote:
The only secret part about the new CotF for Holden is that the body shape is now a not-yet-released VF model. Of course there will be secrecy around the car when Joe Average hasnt seen it yet.

The 3 teams who have built CotF Holdens (888, HRT & GRM) have all knocked up VE models, to presumably give a performance baseline that can be compared to existing equipment, and also not giving away the VF package shape before Holden wants to release it to the general public

Some of the challenge around the SBR/Erebus/AMG E-Class car is that it too isnt released just yet... not is the Nissan Altima when you think about it.

WP01 was the original chassis used for homologation and testing proof of concept of the VE chassis. It only had one test at Lang Lang from memory, certainly not the kind of running attributed to it by sections of the media at the time.

As I understand it, Mr D'Alberto has this chassis in his shed for sale..

Interestingly, if Holden wins all 3 races at Abu Dhabi, the final race win will represent 100 wins for the VE/VEII model Commodore. Not bad in 6 years! Better than BA/BF. Better than Ford Sierra. Or Nissan Skyline GT-R!
Old 1 Nov 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3161019)   #73
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have read somewhere in recent times, that the VF bodywork had seen track duties on an existing Car of the Present chassis at Lang Lang. Since then, it has been reported that subesquent testing of the VF panelwork will involve a COTF chassis, and to be conducted under the eyes of V8SC officialdom, and no one else.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3161022)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I have read somewhere in recent times, that the VF bodywork had seen track duties on an existing Car of the Present chassis at Lang Lang. Since then, it has been reported that subesquent testing of the VF panelwork will involve a COTF chassis, and to be conducted under the eyes of V8SC officialdom, and no one else.
WP also shipped off 2 cars to India in semi-V8Supercar spec.. who knows if they were the cars being used for evaluation?

The NisMo squad are relying on their computer modelling for their new Altima to perform as they expect. Computer modelling without real world correlation didnt do too much for Mr Wirth and his time at Marussia, so you might imagine that the same will become true for NisMo..

We shall see
Old 2 Nov 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3161374)   #75
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
WP also shipped off 2 cars to India in semi-V8Supercar spec.. who knows if they were the cars being used for evaluation?

The NisMo squad are relying on their computer modelling for their new Altima to perform as they expect. Computer modelling without real world correlation didnt do too much for Mr Wirth and his time at Marussia, so you might imagine that the same will become true for NisMo..

We shall see
Why India, what there thats not here in Aus???
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish