Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 May 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1313732)   #26
Vicky B
Rookie

Vicky B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was willing Zanardi to get on the podium. I would have been so proud and pleased to see him there where he belonged, but once again Farfus nerfs someone out of the way.

Please Mr Farfus learn how to overtake cleanly.

(I also think that James Thompson might be just a tincy wincy bit annoyed with Plato!!??!!)

And what happened to Ploderl in race 1 - his car was wrecked.
Old 29 May 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1313742)   #27
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't believe what I hear that Farfus will not be punished?!
Old 29 May 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1313762)   #28
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame, Zanardi lost (thanks Farfus ) a fantastic podium. Farfus should be banned two or three races, he can´t be doing all weekends those stupid moves!
Old 29 May 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1313929)   #29
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks God, they've penalised Farfus ( and few more - source: fiawtcc.com )

Did you guys also lose Eurosport broadcast in the middle of Race 1 ? - commentator in Poland said, that there were some technical problems on the track.
Old 29 May 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1314027)   #30
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky B
And what happened to Ploderl in race 1 - his car was wrecked.
They showed the crash in the Motorsports Weekend Magazine just now - he caught the wall coming out of the final chicane, which tipped the car over and launched it into a wild flip.
Old 29 May 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1314063)   #31
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martin Haven said they knocked out the electrics to the broadcast van on the UK commentary. I'm sure he could provide further detail

Good races. First was a bit dull (what I saw of it). Second was good, that Honda is coming along nicely isn't it?

Seat a bit off the boil today...back to their old form almost. Good to Zanardi running so well at the front (for a bit). That podium better come soon.
Old 29 May 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1314100)   #32
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was upset to see Zinardi not make the podium....thanks Mr Farfus we can do without that. Alex did I fine job of defending and deserved his podium place until that stupid move.

Well done Priaulx...poor fortune for Thomo' and Huffy.

Good racing and plenty of kerb used! let's see if Mexico will sort the men from the boys....?
Old 30 May 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1314890)   #33
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, with Colciago, Plato & Farfus getting 10 place penalties...their next race is almost as stuffed as Tarquini's was yesterday.

Plato's not doing Mexico is he? Isn't Spa his other round. Hmmm. Wouldn't fancy a 10 place drop there

Farfus should be given a years supply of 10 place penalties...as he doesn't appear to be learning from the penalties he's had previously.
Old 30 May 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1315003)   #34
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just back from Imola - and flipping heck was it hot - over 100. Superb place and in the middle of a town - people cutting their garden grass behind the grandstands or taking the dog for a walk. Surreal.

Really pleased Farfus and Plato have been penalised - disgusting moves. The whole grandstand was willing Zanardi to get on the big podium (he did win the Italian cup and was up there).

That roll happened in front of us and I saw it all happen - he just lost it - too fast into the chicane but I didn't think he hit the wall - just ended up sideways and over he went. He had tried to do it in practice but perfected it in the race - poor old car looked like a mini 911.

Might have some pics later
Old 30 May 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1315060)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
just back from Imola - and flipping heck was it hot - over 100. Superb place and in the middle of a town - people cutting their garden grass behind the grandstands or taking the dog for a walk. Surreal.

Really pleased Farfus and Plato have been penalised - disgusting moves. The whole grandstand was willing Zanardi to get on the big podium (he did win the Italian cup and was up there).

That roll happened in front of us and I saw it all happen - he just lost it - too fast into the chicane but I didn't think he hit the wall - just ended up sideways and over he went. He had tried to do it in practice but perfected it in the race - poor old car looked like a mini 911.

Might have some pics later
The Ploderl crash wasn't on TV...the aftermath sure looked nasty.

That's RS-Line out of cars then.
Old 31 May 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1315405)   #36
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
The Ploderl crash wasn't on TV...the aftermath sure looked nasty.

That's RS-Line out of cars then.
It wasn't shown during the live coverage, no, but it was indeed shown during the Motorsport Weekend Magazine on Sunday evening. I reckon it will be shown in the WTCC Magazine later this week as well.
Old 31 May 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1316187)   #37
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Its a great place, isn't it? I went last year for the F1 GP and loved it, it's just a shame there's no "general admission" viewing on banking like there is at most circuits.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1317749)   #38
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a shame for Zanardi....He really deserves to get back on the podium after all he's been through....

Tags
wtcc