Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Nov 2007, 12:49 (Ref:2077921)   #26
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
Using the Google Earth path thing by the looks of things the circuit is about 4.9 kilometres around, pretty damn decent really.

The corners look the be about 7.8 metres wide as well so it's not super wide but a good four car widths.

I think 8 metres is the international width for a kart track, so this would be cosy in the corners. I'd still like to drive it though.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 01:49 (Ref:2078385)   #27
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd happily spend a day in the RX-2 going around and around and around even if it is a bit skinny.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 06:48 (Ref:2078468)   #28
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong Dazz, I like the shape and it looks like it would have enough to test most cars and drivers, I don't think I'd like to be in the middle of a 25 car pack around there as it is though. Before someone points it out, I know it wasn't built with that in mind. Roughly 24 corners (not counting the big sweepers) and not dominated by just a long straight that suits the high horsepower cars more than the smaller, nimbler cars. I think it would probably be a wonderful track to compete on if brought up to race standards.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 07:12 (Ref:2078478)   #29
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I totally agree about having 25 odd cars out there at once. That would definitely be cosy!

But I think it would make a great test and tune track, with such a variety of corner styles, straights and even elevation changes I believe if Google Earth can be trusted.

It would even make a good driver training track for the same reasons.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2674186)   #30
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to see more of this track, tune into the next Superbikes coverage on Fox Sports, as they recently took some bikes up to this track for testing. Apparently only 12 people have been invited to this track so far.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3177018)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Kulnura race track made p3 of the Daily Telegraph today... Here

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3177024)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Kulnura race track made p3 of the Daily Telegraph today... Here

I beleiev the term you aree looking for is Kulnura "Country Drive"

Would be nice to own, or even get an invite
Old 10 Dec 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3177035)   #33
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I beleiev the term you aree looking for is Kulnura "Country Drive"

Would be nice to own, or even get an invite
My mate John Boston runs the occasional track day there. www.trackschool.com.au

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 10 Dec 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3177237)   #34
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
In their last season before they got cut again , RPM used a circuit similar to this if not this exact one to test some bikes and the odd car on. From memory it was a tonne of fun with high banks and ditches on the side of the track. Fits the description given so far.

It was somewhat odd seeing Bairdo on two wheels
Old 10 Dec 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3177244)   #35
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
In their last season before they got cut again , RPM used a circuit similar to this if not this exact one to test some bikes and the odd car on. From memory it was a tonne of fun with high banks and ditches on the side of the track. Fits the description given so far.

It was somewhat odd seeing Bairdo on two wheels
It was definitely this one - I've been lucky enough to be there and drive on it a few times.

Most definitely not a racetrack - the article linked above has a number of things wrong - "F1 Standard" for example. It's very much built to road rather than racetrack standards in terms of width, corner layout, runoff etc.

Very enjoyable to drive on - like your favourite back road that you can hit again & again with no threat of blue/red lights around the next corner.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3177312)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Is it run clockwise or anti clockwise, or just choice of the day?

Looks fantastic! Hard run offs though.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3177333)   #37
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My neighbour across the street had a run up there a couple of years back in his Commodore race car.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3177346)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there much elevation change?
Old 11 Dec 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3177367)   #39
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Is there much elevation change?
Going by Google Earth there is about 35 - 40 metres.

This video might give some better idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4SgDOAC1c
Old 11 Dec 2012, 02:54 (Ref:3177387)   #40
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Can be run in either direction, several different layouts & plenty of elevation change - it's really good to drive and really DOES feel like a fave driving road rather than a racetrack. For one thing, there are trees, roadsigns and banks close to the edge - you get more feeling of movement and speed than on a race track where the fences etc are much further back.