Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3832058)   #46
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I hope its exciting as the Truck/Ute series. !

That’s not much of a benchmark
Old 20 Jun 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3832086)   #47
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sufferred the opening round of the British series. A dozen or so entries made for a significantly dull couple of races. Qualifying was worse. The problem is high performance FWD cars are not very exciting unless they're travelling in packs. In my opinion, the TCR concept is somewhat limited in appeal.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3832097)   #48
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That’s not much of a benchmark
Did you not hear my hint my sarcasm
Old 21 Jun 2018, 05:07 (Ref:3832255)   #49
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big problem we have is that if people don't like one part of something, then they carry on as if the whole thing is no good.

We have this in the music industry - picture a show with 5 bands playing, some people will see a band they like and go along to watch. Others will see that there is a band playing they don't like, so will make sure not to attend and tell all their friends that they shouldn't go either. Terrible attitude.

I'm not interested in TCR. Can't see myself watching much of them at all TBQH. But why can't we have a discussion about how our current series could be improved by some of the concepts from within TCR? Manufacturer diversity, low running costs, easy maintenance - someone explain to me again why Supercars needs to be a development series and how that provides any benefit to anyone at all?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 05:20 (Ref:3832257)   #50
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
someone explain to me again why Supercars needs to be a development series and how that provides any benefit to anyone at all?
A couple of hundred people employed in designing, manufacturing & servicing the cars might have something to say about a benefit... In fact I believe some of them even post here.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3832287)   #51
BobJones
Racer

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Maybe you need to have a closer look at them, and see all the racecar bits they have.
Just don't look too closely at the suspension...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3832292)   #52
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right. Needs more rocker-acuated dampers and oval-section carbon fibre wishbones.

See this, on how they simply slap some stickers on a Seat Leon, and call it a TCR car: https://garagedesblogs.com/naissance-dune-tcr
Old 21 Jun 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3832313)   #53
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
AI'm not interested in TCR. Can't see myself watching much of them at all TBQH. But why can't we have a discussion about how our current series could be improved by some of the concepts from within TCR? Manufacturer diversity, low running costs, easy maintenance - someone explain to me again why Supercars needs to be a development series and how that provides any benefit to anyone at all?
Post of the week. That makes perfect sense.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3832349)   #54
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another article:
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/cupra/first-drive

Quote:
The car arrives at the factory as a standard Leon but is quickly stripped down to the shell and modified for safety. The transmission tunnel is hammered in to make sure the driver is more central in the car to protect against side impacts and a hefty roll-cage is welded in. Then a race seat is plonked as low as it can so that all that is left are some pedals, a steering wheel, a minimal LCD display and somewhere to sit – all you need for a race car.
Outside, a new aero package is fitted that includes a series standardised carbon fibre front splitter (one of only a few carbon parts), rear ‘grasshopper’ spoiler (for more downforce), huge plank-like side skirts and an aggressive front end with added cooling. Thanks to fully adjustable suspension, it sits a lot lower and lightweight wheels wrapped in slicks fill the swollen arches. And, we have to say, the grey and copper tones work well on the bloated bodywork.
I didn't realise all the VAG TCR cars come out of the same factory.
Old Yesterday, 12:20 (Ref:3832835)   #55
Mixer
Veteran

27 car pileup causes 2 hour delay in Portugal:

https://www.facebook.com/15322532482...6674027014824/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old Today, 03:51 (Ref:3832962)   #56
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
A couple of hundred people employed in designing, manufacturing & servicing the cars might have something to say about a benefit... In fact I believe some of them even post here.
You know very well that isn't what was meant by the post.

However, if you actually want to have that conversation, what is the purpose of motor racing? Is it's primary focus job creation and employment? I imagine there are many ways we could improve in that regards, if indeed that were the case. But of course, we both know that it isn't.