Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 8 Apr 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1272964)   #1
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Kanaan

How long do you think Tony Kanaan's streak of finishing every lap is going to keep up?
I mean something terrific must be going on if he's running 20+ races without having any problems...
So when do you think his streak will end?
He came pretty close to getting out a couple of times in St. Pete
Old 8 Apr 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1273023)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Every streak comes to an end eventually - just look at Michael Schumacher who retired due to mechanical failure for the first time since 2001 this past Sunday

I predict that Tony Kanaan will get swept up in an accident not of his own making during the first half of the season.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1273029)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ehy maties!
Will you stop jinxing?

Last edited by climb; 8 Apr 2005 at 06:27.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1273141)   #4
jock25
Racer

jock25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you consider the bad luck endured by Herta and Franchitti last season and so far this season, Wheldon and Kanaan have to get hit by some technical gremlins (or backmarkers) at some stage this season. I hope so if only to prevent the season becoming Kanaan vs Wheldon when it should and could be Kanaan vs Wheldon vs Hornish vs Franchitti vs Castroneves vs Herta vs Manning vs Dixon etc.
Old 8 Apr 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1273267)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only has Tony had this streak, but Dan only recently ended a record run of 8 successive top 4 finishes, and that ended with a 6th. For some reason they have seemingly had the better reliability in the team, although they certainly seem like the 2 superior drivers in the squad. As for when the run will end, maybe that'll take 3 1/2 years like Michael's?
Old 8 Apr 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1273338)   #6
jock25
Racer

jock25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
they (Wheldon & Kanaan) certainly seem like the 2 superior drivers in the squad.
Not sure about that one. In terms of the points standings it might seem that way but factor in pole positions, fastest laps, mechnical problems etc. and there is nothing much between the four drivers so far this season.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1273754)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This kind of racing has a lot more chance and variables than a F1 race where Michael runs alone. I really think Kannan's time will come soon. Heck he was VERY lucky to have finished in St. Petes.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1273967)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kanaan has always been a superb oval racer, and Dan really did step up to the task extrememly quickly, so there's no doubting their respective talents. Dario took time to get back on the pace last year but he ultiamtely put a fairly fgood season together, while you can't make an even comaprison with Herta because he was in a development car.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1274005)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And he may just surprise us all as a very good road racer to. Zanardi always said he was very quick in his CART days.

He has been nothing short of fantastic from last season and continuing into this season. The fact that he was snubbed as driver of the year was disgraceful after the achievment of last year. No driver came close to what he did, against that kind of competition, in a series where, before his performance, it was all but impossible not to get into some kind of trouble.

I think he will roll on to become a 2 time champ here in the IRL. He seem's extremely comfortable here, and he's on the right team, in the best car to do it in.

Danica Patrick
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1274030)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He was certainly above average on the road/street races in ChampCar, and did pretty well other than the Briscoe incident in St Pete's. He could prove to be the highest scorer across these 3 races this year, no doubt about it. And I';d agreet hat his achievement was more than what anyopne amnaged in NASCAR last eyar, but sadly that's the dominant championship in terms of publicicty and popualrity, so their guys are always favourites for these awards. As for 2005, he's got every chance of defending his title.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1274272)   #11
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...But a Nascar driver didn't win the SpeedTV driver of the year award. (I'm assuming that is what is being refered to?) As for 'popularity' being the prime factor, a Nascar driver didn't win the fan vote either.

I would be shocked if Kannan was slow at a road course. He was never slow in the past and if you can street race, then you can road race. I think he's improved a lot in the last while, he has definately improved the way that he drives.