Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3909931)   #251
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafe View Post
BMW crashed, in gravel
Wow is it ok?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3909932)   #252
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad batch of Gibsons for Rebellion?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3909933)   #253
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
Wow is it ok?
The gravels not ok. It was just hit by a BMW!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3909934)   #254
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3909935)   #255
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Aysedasi for updating Trussers!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3909936)   #256
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concerning for Rebellion, hopefully just a coincidence
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3909937)   #257
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
These were new engines for Rebellion.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3909938)   #258
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Concerning for Rebellion, hopefully just a coincidence
Quote:
These were new engines for Rebellion.
Could the extra 20hp be the problem?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3909939)   #259
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could the extra 20hp be the problem?
Early signs have got to point to that
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3909940)   #260
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBQ-time: https://twitter.com/LewispHoward/sta...71595204251655
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3909941)   #261
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
Quote:
HAHAHA but I meant is the Bimmer going to be ok?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3909942)   #262
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
HAHAHA but I meant is the Bimmer going to be ok?

There was some bodywork damage, but it didn't look too bad. I imagine it'll be fixed before this session is done.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3909945)   #263
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to admit I’m not surprised, the rebellion sounds like it’s about to blow up on every onboard. Revs like mad
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3909947)   #264
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
Quote:

There was some bodywork damage, but it didn't look too bad. I imagine it'll be fixed before this session is done.
Thanks sir...sorry I am away from my TV doing the dreaded thing they call work.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:10 (Ref:3909948)   #265
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Thanks sir...sorry I am away from my TV doing the dreaded thing they call work.
As you were asking, it appeared on screen.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3543.JPG  
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3909950)   #266
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Ford will be streaming a proper live timing on race day.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3909952)   #267
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
Quote:
As you were asking, it appeared on screen.
Doesnt look too bad
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3909957)   #268
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying stream suspended for policy violations????????????????? In the last 10 minutes of final qualifying?????????? If I rolled my eyes any harder I would fall over... Wait its back?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3909964)   #269
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really need to start taking the LMP2s seriously. The lead LMP2 was only a few tenths off the lead hybrid Toyota TS030 from 2012!

Surprised how close the privateer LMP1s were to the Toyotas were as well. Some early issues for one of the Toyotas could put them under intense pressure from the chasing pack.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3909965)   #270
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
I really need to start taking the LMP2s seriously. The lead LMP2 was only a few tenths off the lead hybrid Toyota TS030 from 2012!

Surprised how close the privateer LMP1s were to the Toyotas were as well. Some early issues for one of the Toyotas could put them under intense pressure from the chasing pack.
They have a good amount of power in them and are slimmer than the pre-2014 lmp cars so the top speed is great. They weigh about the same too. I'm surprised at the pace of the non-hybrids. Faster than the Porsche 919 was. Hopefully during the race they can refuel a little faster than Toyota to negate some of the 1-lap advantage they face.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3909966)   #271
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post

About SMP and rebellion, is really great both of them could run in low-mid 3.16! they have been faster than any 919 Hybrid laptime ever marked if memory helps me.

Unfortunately for them toyotas will fly away as soon as overlappings will begin, but is a good sign for next season at least.

About lmp2, well... no surprise at all actually... lmp2 have 600hp while ts030 was lower on torque, lower on top power (about 550hp) and hybrid boost was just 0.5MJ at once, available only in preset braking zone.
Not to mention that nowadays lmp2 aero is too advanced and simply can't be compared to pre-2014/2015 works lmp1.
2019 DPi are a bit more powerfull than 17 and 18 seasons and IMSA michelin should be better than michelin/dunlop lmp2. No doubt best 2019 DPi could be in 3.22 range if not even faster.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3909975)   #272
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I saw the BMW on the flatbed truck. Its whole left side was messed up.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3909977)   #273
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What happened with Rebellion's engines ? Did the Gibson reach their limits in improvement ? A gearbox ratios problem ?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 01:11 (Ref:3909978)   #274
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we use to lost the memory very quickly to make a comparison with few years back. What I'm trying to say, is that we have incredible fast privateer cars now. Last year the cars were almost new, and had several technical problems. However, this year they showed they real potential. I think it's a great class, I love it, and I'll love to see more P1 privateer cars.

About Rebellion, I think their bid for extra power with the updated the Gibson engine didn't payed off. If they don't have the previous version of the engine for the race I think they will have a serious problem.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3909979)   #275
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
A gearbox ratios problem ?
That's a thing I thought yesterday and I have put the onboard videos to check. it looks like they only have a 6th gear, you could hear the engine reaching the limit before the first chicane or entering Indianapolis corner.