Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 18 Oct 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2776513)   #31
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Well, now it's said that Audi, BMW and Mercedes are going to sell cars, not run them. Grand-Am boss said he welcomes exciting cars, not teams. The only reason to make that American series (from German side) is to make a new market for their silhouettes. They are going to make money on racing, not to spend. From this point of view it's getting clear, why they are working at DTM-style cars expansion and not Le Mans proto works entries.
As a standalone class during Grand-am weekends, or as part of grand-am current classes (with a changed rulebook)?

Whatever the class is going to be, it does make it a different business case for the manufacturers. And makes sense as well, basically expanding the formula for little costs (apart from the obvious b2b/vip things that i would spend some money on if i were them). It does raise the question if there would be enough teams with the $ to run the cars when the manufacturers are not going to fund the racing teams. That remains the problem for most series without manufacturer support.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2776565)   #32
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mario Theissen said he's interested in customers program. So, if he's in, so they should run that program.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2776657)   #33
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
There's some speculation in the German press that the Daytona round would be a shared event between DTM and US-DTM, and I think that's a little too big for the Friday evening undercard slot. With the 24hours only starting at 3.30pm these days they could have the race at 1pm on Saturday... But I think they'd rather slot it in somewhere around the Daytona 500-week, if just to shorten the gap till the beginning of the European season a bit...
Is it possible - to race on different track layouts in the same weekend? AFAIK, spectators park their cars on road-course parts during Daytona 500.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2776695)   #34
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grand Am has raced on the morning of the Daytona summer race on the infield course... with the 500 being a bigger race than the summer race it might be different, though...
Old 18 Oct 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2776741)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
About the NASCAR events. I think this are the events:

Daytona (roval, summer race)
Indy (roval)
Watkins Glen
Montreal
Sonoma/Infineon
Road America
Old 18 Oct 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2776764)   #36
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Indy (roval)
The conversion from road to oval at Indy is AFAIK a major PITA... that's why Grand Am, despite their test there doesn't run with NASCAR.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2776862)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Looks like the new cars will be Coupes... (in German, run through translator of choice if necessary...)
Old 18 Oct 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2776870)   #38
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/
Old 19 Oct 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2776911)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ouch, that sucks. Then it's not Tourenwagen at all.

SK, remember that the Grand-Am tested at Indy road course. They could be adding a new race.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 02:38 (Ref:2776914)   #40
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they go the coupe route, BARF.

Goes outside of what I would consider "touring car" racing. Plenty of other 2 door series out there.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 07:37 (Ref:2776962)   #41
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks like the new cars will be Coupes... (in German, run through translator of choice if necessary...)
No problem.
Two things I understand from this article - BMW will race E92 instead of E90, but as for me there is no difference between E90 and E92. In general, I'd prefer current M3GT2 than aerodinamically shaped ugly A4R14.
And the second - DTM cars would race in VLN. We saw them in 2003, we'll see them in 2012. Welcome. VLN now has huge variety of cars, with GT3, GT4, S2000 and other worldwide categories.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2776964)   #42
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let me take this as clear as I can be: that 'autoextremist' is a real scribbler.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2777096)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VLN should focus in less classes, that is one class per performance range.

Back to the non-Deutsch, non-Tourenwagen USDTM, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Does Nascar still do the big show at Martinsville? The fans in those places are already having issues with Toyota, so sending BMW, Mercedes and Audi into that fray should gain front page on almost any news outlet in the world
That would be awesome! The track could work well, with tight, flat corners and short straights.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2777143)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The artist impression of the BMW If this will be the look of the new cars DTM hasn't learned anything.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2777156)   #45
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
I wouldn't say that Autobild artists have read something about new regulations. It's said that aerodynamics will be cut.