Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3960833)   #226
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What do you think?!
Old 5 Mar 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3961723)   #227
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I can’t understand all the sensational headlines.
Seems to be a complete over reaction unless those who are supposed to control these things know something we don’t.
One left leaning English paper.70 % increase in cases.yep about thirty!
We will see.Im holding onto my seat as I’m in the knackered age group.
Should I bother paying next instalment of LMC entrance fees!?
Old 5 Mar 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3961730)   #228
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its clearly a bit worse than normal flu, but not as bad as, for example, small pox, which is probably due a comeback here sometime soon!
carry on regardless I say.

I did see 2 Oriental looking girls in Brighton last night wearing masks, which apparently make little to no difference.

If this weather carries on you need to consider doing a chitty chitty bang bang job on one of the Talbots. Or at least doing some buoyancy calcs on a bigger tyre!
Old 5 Mar 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3961735)   #229
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We are talking about an important event but three months ahead. Worth a phone call if not already done. You are a major contributor and a returning customer.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3961751)   #230
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It's in France best Interest JR remains fit and on form.

forget Jillet jeunes, loud shorts are the best protection from unhygenic personal space intrusion.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3961762)   #231
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Loud shorts and rock n'roll! In France tout finit par des chansons, Joe…*
Old 6 Mar 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3961838)   #232
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Here’s to a great event in June
Old 6 Mar 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3961862)   #233
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Loud shorts and rock n'roll! In France tout finit par des chansons, Joe…*
It will do in Le Havre in June Gerard, we are headlining a festival there
Old 6 Mar 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3961870)   #234
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Here’s to a great event in June
Err.... this meeting, the bi-annual Le Mans Classic, is in July.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3961896)   #235
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Err.... this meeting, the bi-annual Le Mans Classic, is in July.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3961923)   #236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Must be getting confused because of the classic event that ran on the Saturday morning before the 24 hours
Old 6 Mar 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3961953)   #237
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Must be getting confused because of the classic event that ran on the Saturday morning before the 24 hours
You’re definitely confused. Suggest you remember which thread you’re posting on without actually having anything to add....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 6 Mar 2020 at 14:53. Reason: Sp
Old 9 Mar 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3962584)   #238
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 10 Mar 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3962779)   #239
S griffin
Veteran

I think it’s a big credit to the ACO that they have made it so the full circuit can be reused again a month after the 24hrs. They already have to close the public roads for the test days and then the 24 hour weekend. Great they can also do it again for the historic weekend. Just shows how valued events like this are
Old 10 Mar 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3962782)   #240
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think it’s a big credit to the ACO that they have made it so the full circuit can be reused again a month after the 24hrs. They already have to close the public roads for the test days and then the 24 hour weekend. Great they can also do it again for the historic weekend. Just shows how valued events like this are
That’s happened for about twenty years so they make money!
Same as Goodwood and Silverstone
Bottom line it’s all about dosh.
Don’t get carried away that they are in charity business.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3962859)   #241
S griffin
Veteran

Of course. But they bring the crowds in, so it’s worth it in that respect too
Old 11 Mar 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3962957)   #242
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Of course. But they bring the crowds in, so it’s worth it in that respect too
Worth what?

As John says, the Classic is a big earner for ACO, the local community and Peter Auto. Of course many thousands of enthusiasts and hundreds of racers are grateful they run the event, but the organisers aren’t doing so out of the goodness of their hearts.....
Old 11 Mar 2020, 06:38 (Ref:3962958)   #243
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
ACO, PA are commercial companies, they must be profitable, long established and have a strong reputation. Turning all those roads to a circuit costs circa 450 k€ per hour to give you an idea of some costs. This track is not permanent. Dont even think about discussing with a banker wearing an old pair of jeans and trashed baskets at this level…
I dont think they make a lot of benefits with the competitors only and in fact I dont care so much. What is important is that they stay healthy enough to reinvest and bring new companies to enjoy the show/profits.
I imagine many people dont want to garage their wonders and stay at home facing a old and grumpy lady they can barely recognize as… wife! Longue vie Ã* Le Mans Classic!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 18:25 (Ref:3965383)   #244
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So 24 hrs is postponed until September ( perhaps )
Think we can forget about LMC until then or wait until next year which is much more likely!

Interesting if it is end of year LMC , 6 hrs ,Revival etc etc

What to do?

I’m over 70 so may be academic!!

I think it’s organised to allow Bills new knee to bed in!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3965391)   #245
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Over 70 what? Go on flat out and have fun!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3965400)   #246
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
LMC still on original schedule. Is there a pandemic rose tinted glasses over here?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 00:21 (Ref:3965439)   #247
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So they build circuit twice?
Macron paying??
Old 19 Mar 2020, 06:36 (Ref:3965461)   #248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
ATM, they say no changes. My bet is it won't happen. May be they need few weeks to fix the details with insurance companies for example.
As to the ACO, PA and french gov' being close this is not a scoop!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3965462)   #249
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So 24 hrs is postponed until September ( perhaps )
I think it’s organised to allow Bills new knee to bed in!
Look out Will, sounds like the old man has a cunning plan to become the Bionic Man to beat you!!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3965467)   #250
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBirch View Post
Look out Will, sounds like the old man has a cunning plan to become the Bionic Man to beat you!!
The lengths people go to!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60