Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3959413)   #551
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Doing a bit more reading , & still not sure .
It seems that the Jan 22nd amendment might only exclude Motorsport , and the rest of it will apply to the UK until we actually change our law so that EU laws do not still rule us .

But it will mean that , up until then , everybody will have to get separate insurance for tractors , construction equipment , anything you can ride on including powered invalid chairs , electric bicycles , electric scooters & even segways .
Old 23 Feb 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3959427)   #552
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This insurance "thing" has been kicking about since 2014, but will it be implemented ? as I can't imagine how it can ever be policed especially out in the sticks, I would have thought that a lot of the farmers on the continent (especially in my neck of the woods in Spain) don't know what insurance is !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Feb 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3959433)   #553
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It appears to be caused by this.

It follows a High Court ruling, following the ECJ judgment, in which a walker sued a farmer who left him paralysed after running him over in an uninsured 4x4.
Following the Supreme Court’s decision it could lead to “a PPI-style claims bonanza”. insured car drivers on the roads will have to “pick up the tab” as their premiums are sent soaring by the amount of claims.

Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Feb 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3959450)   #554
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll be policed vigorously. It's easier than catching thieves and muggers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Feb 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3959453)   #555
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is a question and advice from the panel.
We have a couple of tickets for the Albert Hall next week to see the Circ de Soleil as some of you no doubt have probably seen. I am a bit apprehensive on going and mixing with huge crowds at the moment in view of what is happening regarding the Corona Virus. Am I alone or am I just being paranoid ?
Old 24 Feb 2020, 07:11 (Ref:3959500)   #556
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Le Cirque du Soleil has always been an unforgettable experience for us. Love it. Depending on how you understand unforgettable…
Old 24 Feb 2020, 08:22 (Ref:3959509)   #557
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
That is the question .
Haven,t studied every detail , but todays stories .
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-john...100519367.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...wers-tractors/
Quote:
Doing a bit more reading , & still not sure .
It seems that the Jan 22nd amendment might only exclude Motorsport , and the rest of it will apply to the UK until we actually change our law so that EU laws do not still rule us .

But it will mean that , up until then , everybody will have to get separate insurance for tractors , construction equipment , anything you can ride on including powered invalid chairs , electric bicycles , electric scooters & even segways .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This insurance "thing" has been kicking about since 2014, but will it be implemented ? as I can't imagine how it can ever be policed especially out in the sticks, I would have thought that a lot of the farmers on the continent (especially in my neck of the woods in Spain) don't know what insurance is !!!!!
Quote:
It appears to be caused by this.

It follows a High Court ruling, following the ECJ judgment, in which a walker sued a farmer who left him paralysed after running him over in an uninsured 4x4.
Following the Supreme Court’s decision it could lead to “a PPI-style claims bonanza”. insured car drivers on the roads will have to “pick up the tab” as their premiums are sent soaring by the amount of claims.
Under the Occupier's Act 1984 the occupier of a property owes a duty of care to anyone who is not a "guest" on their land to ensure that adequate measures are taken to protect visitors not "guests" from any danger such as open holes, broken paths etc. This extends to land which comes under the terms of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000, but that is conditional upon the need to protect the land in its original state.

If someone is on the premises in a business capacity (as Vnuk was) then the duty of care arises under the common law and in England and Wales this would be covered by third party insurances or tort law. It is expected that suitable insurances would be in place and/or the occupier can accept the risk.

In other words we already have the rules in place. This is the difference between EU law and "English law" and is why the ruling makes no sense in an Anglo Saxon jurisdiction. We work on the basis that we take care of people; a good example is the statutory offence of Driving Without Due Care and Attention.

Sorry if this is boring, but sadly I find it quite interesting and I've got nothing better to do right now.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3959513)   #558
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you are right Peter , but I believe Tony B liar created the " Supreme Court " so that EU law overrules UK law , which is probably why Gordons farmers court case came about . This might mean that the VNUK rule applies here until we get a Parliament ruling that EU law no longer applies .
Old 24 Feb 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3959517)   #559
Tel 911S
Veteran

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...awal-agreement

Just found a bit more about it in todays news .
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3959523)   #560
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...awal-agreement

Just found a bit more about it in todays news .
Great news for those who wanted to Take back control. 🙄
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3959525)   #561
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think you are right Peter , but I believe Tony B liar created the " Supreme Court " so that EU law overrules UK law , which is probably why Gordons farmers court case came about . This might mean that the VNUK rule applies here until we get a Parliament ruling that EU law no longer applies .
It wont apply after Dec 31st this year. As to the Supreme court. This was created to permit political appointments of senior judges as per the USA. He did away with the House of Lords because they were mostly non partisan. But even before the SC EU Law was superior to English Law. I direct my honourable friend to the Factortame case in 1984 ish. See what Lord Denning has to say about it.

Aside said we already have all the laws we need to cope with a Vnuk situation. But in Europe which is mostly based on Napoleonic code they don't have the concept of duty of care, hence you can only do what the codes says you can do. Directly opposite to common law. Of course the MSM wont tell you this.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3959526)   #562
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Le Cirque du Soleil has always been an unforgettable experience for us. Love it. Depending on how you understand unforgettable…
Couldn't agree more, Gerard, although it is a long time since I saw them.

Originally 'discovered' them when attending a Jordan Grand Prix car unveiling at the Albert Hall & Circ du Soleil was the entertainment. Ended up going back the next day to buy tickets for a full performance.

Just brilliant.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:17 (Ref:3959527)   #563
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Like them but I don't like the way they treat the elephants.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:23 (Ref:3959528)   #564
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We went to Orlando and years later to Paris, near Bagatelle park. Dont remember the elephants but had a talk with a lady who was involved. She said they have accidents involving athletes therefor they have some backup for them. Risky business they dont spare any effort to please the public. If you're planning a visit, dont be late the show starts before everyone is sited…
Old 24 Feb 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3959555)   #565
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If we're having a vote, Gordon, I'd say staying away from Cirque du Soleil would indeed display paranoia
Old 24 Feb 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3959561)   #566
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
If we're having a vote, Gordon, I'd say staying away from Cirque du Soleil would indeed display paranoia

I went to the library & asked if they had any books on paranoia , the librarian leaned over and whispered " They are behind You " .
Old 24 Feb 2020, 14:37 (Ref:3959569)   #567
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I went to the library & asked if they had any books on paranoia , the librarian leaned over and whispered " They are behind You " .
Old 24 Feb 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3959572)   #568
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Boom tish! And shamelessly stolen....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Feb 2020, 15:41 (Ref:3959575)   #569
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This is a question and advice from the panel.
We have a couple of tickets for the Albert Hall next week to see the Circ de Soleil as some of you no doubt have probably seen. I am a bit apprehensive on going and mixing with huge crowds at the moment in view of what is happening regarding the Corona Virus. Am I alone or am I just being paranoid ?
Even without coronavirus I'd be apprehensive about mixing with large crowds..............of common people
Old 24 Feb 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3959588)   #570
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Like them but I don't like the way they treat the elephants.
Have you ever seen a performance ?
Old 24 Feb 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3959590)   #571
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes, that was the point.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3959614)   #572
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Yes, that was the point.
?? Sorry you've lost me ! They don't use animals.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3959620)   #573
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed they don't.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3959621)   #574
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sorry Gordon. My sense of humour sometimes confuses people. The point being there are no animals so you can't complain at the way they treat the elephants.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3959630)   #575
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Sorry Gordon. My sense of humour sometimes confuses people. The point being there are no animals so you can't complain at the way they treat the elephants.
Ok mate, however would you go on the trains and buses and into the Albert Hall in the next few days ?
Closed Thread