Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2009, 02:55 (Ref:2520563)   #76
Jacob Black
Rookie

Jacob Black should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was dissapointed, Ambrose is showing a bit too much respect to the seppos, in the old days, he'd have turned Busch into the wall for that post-race rubup, and in my opinion, he should have. Kyle Busch is a donkey.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2520564)   #77
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
I was dissapointed, Ambrose is showing a bit too much respect to the seppos, in the old days, he'd have turned Busch into the wall for that post-race rubup, and in my opinion, he should have. Kyle Busch is a donkey.
What the hell is a seppo, and why do you keep using that word.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2520566)   #78
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's a shortened version of "septic tank" that is rhyming slang for Yank.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2520567)   #79
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seppo comes from Septic Tank

Septic Tank = Yank in rhyming slang at least the aussie version anyway.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2520588)   #80
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
That's not offensive one bit.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 04:27 (Ref:2520589)   #81
Jacob Black
Rookie

'tis a term of endearment.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2520685)   #82
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably shouldnt use that term around here, we are all friends - not necessary to start bs that could come of it...
Old 13 Aug 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2520692)   #83
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is normally an in offensive term, its not as if he is antiseptic.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2520826)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, can't let the POHMees take over the stockcar forum

don't feel too bad....i live in a british penial colony as well.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2520839)   #85
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being called a yankee is waaaay more offensive.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2520918)   #86
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's only cause you're from the south. :P
Old 13 Aug 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2520946)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Stewart

A bit disappointed by Ambrose. I expected he would attack Stewart.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2521033)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
yeah.....dems fightin' words.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2521085)   #89
Jacob Black
Rookie

Lol, sorry guys, I didnt use yank on account of the north v south thing, didn't expect seppo to get a reaction, my bad. In seriousness though, Ambrose is working really hard to show respect to the NASCAR guys, and I don't think some of them deserve it.

Having said that, he's showing his true colours on the track (ie: with the pass at the bus stop) and that's what counts.

Also, rain on a road course = no big deal! Treaded tyres, brake lights, rainex, voila! go racing.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2521115)   #90
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think in the pre-race show they said that there had been a poll among fans at a track (I think at the Nationwide race in Montreal where they did race in the rain) and a majority would have preferred to wait a day. No wonder we have trouble taking NASCAR seriously over here...
Old 14 Aug 2009, 02:26 (Ref:2521137)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
there's no reason nascar would want someone from outside the US or NA to take them seriously cause they don't race anywhere else.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2521148)   #92
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
Lol, sorry guys, I didnt use yank on account of the north v south thing, didn't expect seppo to get a reaction, my bad. In seriousness though, Ambrose is working really hard to show respect to the NASCAR guys, and I don't think some of them deserve it.

Having said that, he's showing his true colours on the track (ie: with the pass at the bus stop) and that's what counts.

Also, rain on a road course = no big deal! Treaded tyres, brake lights, rainex, voila! go racing.
No worries.

I agree with your sentiments on Ambrose. I think much of this has to do with American's lack of knowledge of the V8 Supercars. They do show highlights of the single best race series in the world, but only during the middle of the day and 6 months later... really frustrating because I can't go into the forum. After I watch a race I want to post about it but I'd be digging up an old thread. I guess that's a rant for another thread. I was ****ed at the Nationwide broadcast for saying that Ambrose "dive-bombed" Busch and not one person in the booth even entertained the idea that it was a great pass. He out braked Busch by a mile.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2521169)   #93
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I had a bit of a chuckle at one of the commentators who said that "Marcos was from a little island just south of Australia called Tasmania."

There would have been a lot of Tasmanians champing at the bit over that remark. They hate being excluded from Australia.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2521238)   #94
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Stewart

A bit disappointed by Ambrose. I expected he would attack Stewart.
Think Ambrose was on older tyres wasnt he
Old 14 Aug 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2521280)   #95
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
certainly was