Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Jan 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3195228)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In car breath test kits law change

The much delayed change to the law in France that insisted that all drivers carry two breath test kits has now been withdrawn for the moment, it seems problems with them and a reduction in road deaths have both played a part.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3195230)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard this might be happening. The mandatory date had been pushed back and now seemingly this.

You can't expect a bit of kit you sling in your car through all temperatures and 365 days a year to function perfectly. Was always a stupid rule.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3195246)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I heard this might be happening. The mandatory date had been pushed back and now seemingly this.

You can't expect a bit of kit you sling in your car through all temperatures and 365 days a year to function perfectly. Was always a stupid rule.
Are you talking about the kit or the driver?
Old 28 Jan 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3195252)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I finally found them for sale and bought them...grrrr. what a waiste of my money.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3195265)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i never bought them, nor intended to. the on-the-spot fine for not having them seemed excellent value for money when compared to the ballache of not only buying the blimmin' things but maintaining a stock of non-temperature affected ones as per the law
Old 29 Jan 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3195599)   #6
Dav
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Dav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the original delay in the legislation was due to manufacturing delays. Does anyone have any referee cable information on this?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3195642)   #7
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today the citizens of France are freerer.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3195647)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having driven back and forth through the country on numerous occasions during 2012,often wondered about buying a kit,never seemed to get around to it though!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3195692)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
I thought the original delay in the legislation was due to manufacturing delays. Does anyone have any referee cable information on this?
welcome to tenths, dav

relatively difficult to find anything concrete since it involves the french surrendering, and they're never keen on promoting that kind of continued behaviour i think a french language rummage on google should come up with something, perhaps one of our local guys can help?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3195746)   #10
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see this changed, I could not but them anywhere last year and had forgotten about them for this year...
Old 29 Jan 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3195748)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were being sold as an "essential travel" item on all ferries/terminals.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3195774)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yes, because they can make untold amounts of money on them since they're absolute peanuts to buy direct in france. no brainer to keep pedalling them.

seriously, the fine is only €12 or something like that. total waste of energy buying into their latest fad
Old 29 Jan 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3195776)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Welcome Dav! Help me out here though - what on earth is 'referee cable information'......?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3195781)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yes, because they can make untold amounts of money on them since they're absolute peanuts to buy direct in france. no brainer to keep pedalling them.

seriously, the fine is only €12 or something like that. total waste of energy buying into their latest fad

Exactly my point,France is no better than the Uuuuk for these little scams.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3196305)   #15
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, the new mandatory date is on March the 1st. Personally, I have no kit either in my car or on my motorbike. Each time I wanted to buy one, they were sold out. So now it's a new race until the end of february to find them.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3196325)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it hasn't been dropped after all and we'll still 'legally' need one for the trip in June?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3196341)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
http://m.largus.fr/actualite-automob...e-2352367.html

It seems to indicate that the legislation is dead

Following borrowed from a posting on pistonheads

Google translation -

The breathalyzer has lead in the wing
Thursday, January 24, 2013
The Minister of the Interior took the announcement of (good) results of road safety in 2012 to the extent that on-board breathalyzer was "postponed indefinitely."

The Minister of the Interior Manuel Valls does not like "fake good ideas," such obligation (repealed), which would have required bikers to wear a reflective armband. 's breathalyzer in vehicles , shock measure taken by the previous government, will not be mandatory as of 1 March, as originally planned , "I will return to my desk and write an order" in this sense also confided Frédéric Péchenard, Interministerial Delegate for Road Safety, once the conference Press finished. actual efficiency? Minister of the Interior wishes indeed have all the cards for him to judge the real effectiveness of the alcohol on board: "We have a problem of reliability, price and distribution " on the subject confessed Armand Jung, member of the Bas-Rhin and president of the National Council for Road Safety (NCRP). It is this authority which will decide on February 13th whether or not to make the balls required. Beware of scams! Armand Jung was pronounced anyway, a personal point of view, to a greater availability balloons for sale: "The breathalyser must be present everywhere, like condoms," he announced. But not at any cost: " I found to € 5.10, which is highway robbery , especially for equipment not reliable "has yet made ​​the Alsatian elected. L'argus had demonstrated the last year that the alcohol on board was made ​​mandatory after a lobbying campaign conducted by the manufacturers themselves from the government.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3196394)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Even at rip off prices of EUR5 or so it's not exactly a hardship to pick them up is it?

I've operated on the principle that if you can at least show you've paid a modicum of attention to French motoring law it lessens the likelihood of them throwing the book at you. It's the same thought process that means I've got some spare lightbulbs in the car that I suppose notionally might fit my current vehicle - mildly absurd but not really all that onerous.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3196406)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
to be fair, if they're going to bother to stop you, then they're going to turn you over for everything. absolutely everything. so you either have the full set, or you just have the stuff that's going to be costly to *not* have and the common sense stuff. i've not seen these breathalyser kits in the wild, and for an 11 euro fine i'm not going to go out of my way to find them, or buy into a law that has been created with the main aim of lining the pockets of a few friends in high places.

it's a principle thing. i don't mind giving le plod €11, but i do mind paying for some pointless twaddle that takes up valuable glove box space that isn't either going to be randomly useful or make me look vaguely presentable after an overnight drive.

rant over. for now
Old 31 Jan 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3196440)   #20
Dav
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Dav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Welcome Dav! Help me out here though - what on earth is 'referee cable information'......?
That would be my pad auto-correcting!! I meant to write "referenceable".
Old 1 Feb 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3197099)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That would be my pad auto-correcting!! I meant to write "referenceable".
That's a good one. I definitely need to work 'referee cable information' into at least one of my posts somewhere in the future.......