Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Feb 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3200344)   #1
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concert program LM24 2013

Not totally out of scope, but neither most relevant for hardcore car fans, I've just read the concert program during the week. If you are like me, any little piece of information about the LM week feels like a little more step towards La sarthe!

Wednesday June 19 : Puggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGpJXbkp12E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfXhUclL98

Thursday June 20 : Asaf Avidan (unknown for me but thx to youtube..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16VcQdTL80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhJ4Ceor_M

and Saturday June 22 : Earth Wind and Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S8ZrQG0y6g
Old 6 Feb 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3200347)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
never heard of the bands on wednesday or thursday oh well will have to watch cars instead
Old 6 Feb 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3200350)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
never heard of the bands on wednesday or thursday oh well will have to watch cars instead
Think I'll have do this too .
Old 6 Feb 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3200353)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did they have concerts in '91?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtUEPwHnxmU
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3200384)   #5
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have never visited the concerts, to busy watching cars. If I want to visit a concert I'll buy a concertticket
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3200385)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh Brilliant, Puggy will be there

I think he*/she*/it*/they* is/are* fantastic! (*delete as appropriate)

Motor racing once a year? What motor racing would that be then......?

Old 7 Feb 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3200535)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the Bands are there you can choose to watch them or not, we are camped right by them so will pass them when we leave the campsite but I will watch EWF just because they remind me of when i was not that old
Old 8 Feb 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3200966)   #8
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The only one I've ever wanted to see was Jay Kay's Jamiroquai but this was so overcrowded that I gave that up just trying to get there. Would've cost me waaay to much time away from the race.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3201069)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well for us we have to pass the concert stage as it is between the campsite exit and the dunlop bridge so no lost time anyway
Old 8 Feb 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3201090)   #10
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
On my first visit i got lost and found myself at the Jamiroquai gig. It was rather good if i recall, but yes ALOT of people.

On subsequent visits i have never bothered as i can't bear to miss what's happening on track now that i'm a sportscar convert.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3201156)   #11
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
They should change the saturday concert into a fridaynight concert.
Old 8 Feb 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3201194)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Friday is ment to be a rest day, where you get an early night and plenty of sleep before the big race, or that is what you are supposed to do
Old 8 Feb 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3201233)   #13
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
The only one I've ever wanted to see was Jay Kay's Jamiroquai but this was so overcrowded that I gave that up just trying to get there. Would've cost me waaay to much time away from the race.
The Jay Kay concert is the only one I have been to as one of my friends is a big fan .... and there was a classic moment when he silenced his band and pointed the mike towards the track and said 'now thats real music'
Old 8 Feb 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3201294)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Friday is ment to be a rest day, where you get an early night and plenty of sleep before the big race, or that is what you are supposed to do
Well, That's actually what it is to me .
Do the Pit walk, go to town/museum, get something to eat, get a shower and then to bed (with earplugs)
Old 8 Feb 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3201368)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw a concert of EWF in Paris two or three years ago.
I must admit that Maurice White is missing. However, there are still three guys of the original band and they still have the groove.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3201756)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It sounds dreadfully dull, but if you're like James, Tony and I and are intent on seeing the thing through, a decent night's sleep on Friday night is pretty important! It's a case of deciding what your priorities are!
Old 9 Feb 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3202081)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
that is correct, I always make sure that i sleep well on friday night, usually with the aid of plenty of food and wine
Old 9 Feb 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3202102)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a LOT louder on Houx in 2012 than it was in 2011. Made getting an early night nigh-on impossible.
Old 10 Feb 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3202312)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Try wearing ear plugs at night helps me
Old 10 Feb 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3202352)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Try wearing ear plugs at night helps me
Not sure ear plugs would drown out the concert being blasted out three tents away but they'd certainly be better than nothing.
Old 10 Feb 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3202398)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
the other solution is to choose your campsite with a little more care, TR is still open so you choose your fellow campers, also it tends to be frequented by the older generation who need sleep
Old 10 Feb 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3202441)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, you need your GA ticket to get in there.

That's 'Geriatrics Anonymous'.........
Old 10 Feb 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3202452)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
older and wiser I think
Old 10 Feb 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3202462)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it gets you away from all the racket on Friday night, you're definitely right Simon!
Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3209601)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
If any one need to brush up on Earth, Wind & Fire, here is a good offer:
http://www.popmarket.com/earth-wind-...23-nl551441767