Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Jun 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1943859)   #1
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota/Save Mart 350 - Infineon Raceway

NASCAR heads to Sonoma for the first cup race on a road course. Here is the link to the entry list for the race.

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007...ntry_list.html

I think that Montoya will do well in a road course even though they will be racing in the COT.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1944463)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I think that Montoya will do well in a road course even though they will be racing in the COT.
Well i'm sure he'll be banking on that as well as his season appears to have stalled after some decent progress early on?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1944491)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me you can't look past Hendrick again. Jeff Gordon in the car that is likely to be best prepared for the first CoT road event....I fear they may be unstoppable.

I think the #42 team would just be pleased to have a top ten and a trouble free run after the late barren spell. Things have gotten a whole lot tougher.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:48 (Ref:1944496)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quite understandable, of course. He is not competing from a particularly strong starting point.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1944531)   #5
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are not allowed to qualify, and will start 41st and 42nd, due to an illegal modification on the fenders of the CoT's.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1944540)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Illegal modification?! yeah right- total domination more like it. they are nerfing hendrick racing this way.
They will still pull up pretty well, but what could they have really modified that wasn't caught before, these are the same cars as previous CoT races right? that is the idea of the car isn't it....oh and safety- with burning foam pads and gas intrusion to the cockpit...
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1944543)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It's the idea, but, Hendrick has like, 7 different CoT's per driver, so yeah. What they did was, widen out the fenders, to give the front extra downforce, which, you well, can't do.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:39 (Ref:1944574)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Besides Marc Goossens there's a second European doing this event: Klaus Graf. Currently both are dissapointing 49th and 48th in practice.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1944576)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
It's the idea, but, Hendrick has like, 7 different CoT's per driver, so yeah. What they did was, widen out the fenders, to give the front extra downforce, which, you well, can't do.
7 different cars for one driver?! I thought one of the reasons for switching to the CoT was reducing costs.

During the Speed coverage of Cup practice one of the commentators said half of the field is using cars which raced also at ovals this season. Is this true? Or do they still have short oval CoTs, road course CoTs, etcetera?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1944580)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Hendrick has the money to spend on all the extra cars, I believe they have used a different one for each race. Richard Childress on the other hand, has used the same cars for every single race. While they say it is supposed to cut down costs, that doesn't prevent the big teams from wanting to dominate, and sped a crap load of money.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1944628)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Cot chassis is limited to a certain dimension of track and wheelbase and offset, so you caan't develop too many different chassis, but Hendrick probably has robots welding all night making chassis' differnt by the Millimeter to get all they can out of the rules.
but one chassis build should work, provided the part and joints don't fatigue they are like front engine Daytone Prototype's almost...
Old 23 Jun 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1944679)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Those two starting at the back...

Something quite convenient about that from the "show" perspective.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1944921)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
jamie mcmurray got the pole from robby gordon - had forgotten all about robby too
Old 23 Jun 2007, 14:32 (Ref:1944961)   #14
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kudos to Jamie for not only getting the pole but also to giving credit to Boris Said for his qualifying pole run. Boris had done considerable testing for Roush and Jamie's team and had the car setup pretty good. Perhaps JPM should swallow some pride and enlist help from Boris who can contribute to any team and driver's improvement.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 14:48 (Ref:1944973)   #15
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointin not to see Marcos Ambrose out there.. Cant wait to see him competin with the big boys at watkins glen
Old 23 Jun 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1945025)   #16
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see the 24 and 48 come from the back, won't be as easy as on an oval..

I hope Boris wins it

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 23 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1945124)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh, disaster qualifying lap for Juan Pablo!

The funny thing is, he has gone well in every other session. His quali lap was probably one of the slowest he has turned all weekend.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1945175)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would like to see JPM do well but thinking he'll be stuck with the wide driving cup guys usually do. Be great to see Boris take another win for the "road-race ringers" and see what new rule nascar will make to make the cars even worse on road courses for road racers.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 01:01 (Ref:1945206)   #19
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Boris can't count as a ringer anymore, since he races on all the other tracks as well, albeit not a full schedule. If you remember, he got pole for the Pepsi 400 last year.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1945756)   #20
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Dunno if anyone was watching, but, Kyle Petty just put out a huge no-no, dropped the F-Bomb on TV. Oh well, it was funny as hell to hear!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1945759)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Mildly amusing, no doubt everyone in the US will be getting their knickers in a twist over it though

I like the look of this race - I'd never appreciated road courses for stock cars, but I've changed my mind - I am sooo gonna go over and watch it myself next year
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1945763)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Stock cars and road courses is heaven Craig, come on.

Just wait for the Glen. Infineon ain't too bad either.

Good start for Stewart there. ("yeah, I forgot that evidently.")

Hehehe, Kyle got a bit mad.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:41 (Ref:1945766)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Mildly amusing, no doubt everyone in the US will be getting their knickers in a twist over it though

I like the look of this race - I'd never appreciated road courses for stock cars, but I've changed my mind - I am sooo gonna go over and watch it myself next year
Probably only just over-protective moms and dads, Mostly ALL the people I know however, would find it funny, and realize, that, everyone does it, and, you hear worse in a single rap song.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1945779)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Larry is sounding very rough!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1945783)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Probably only just over-protective moms and dads, Mostly ALL the people I know however, would find it funny, and realize, that, everyone does it, and, you hear worse in a single rap song.
Good job they didn't get the feed we did whilst you guys were at commercials... those commentators are funny when they don't realise they're on air